Happy Thanksgiving (I Don't Want To Fight About Politics)

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Happy Thanksgiving (I Don't Want To Fight About Politics)

Post by Rat Patrol »

Oof. I'm going to be hitting the mimosas early tomorrow while the fam pulls its shouty anti-Trump/pro-police levitating act. X(

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Re: Happy Thanksgiving (I Don't Want To Fight About Politics)

Post by Spiff »

Rat Patrol wrote:Image

Oof. I'm going to be hitting the mimosas early tomorrow while the fam pulls its shouty anti-Trump/pro-police levitating act. X(
We should be pretty peaceful. My mom's cousin who lives in town is a racist, but don't invite him around to the big gathering,

We may see him and his long-suffering wife Friday or Saturday for a brunch at a public restaurant. That way we can confront his racism in a public setting where the shouting will (hopefully) be minimized.

But shouting there will be, because he'll always goad us on by saying something outrageously racist right off the bat or showing us a list of "facts" on a topic that he downloaded from the FOX NEWS website.

Let's report the outcomes back here. eh?
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

The only conflict I anticipate is my mom policing what I eat.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

We live far enough away from family that it isn't an issue.

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Thankfully I won't be dealing with this. All the family we're seeing for Thanksgiving is democrat so theres never any arguing from us.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I think we will avoid most political talk. Only my brother-in-law is a republican and he's a socially liberal New Hampshire republican. My only problem with him is that he's a gun nut. He takes me shooting from time to time so I can let that slide.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

River wrote:Thankfully I won't be dealing with this. All the family we're seeing for Thanksgiving is democrat so theres never any arguing from us.
Oh...single-party rule in Taxachusetts has made that Conservadem animal pick up the slack. And I don't mean woke Hillarycrat fake-liberals...like, usedta-be swing voter and GOP-lite Conservadems who had nowhere to go when the state-level party collapsed. The Masshole side of the family is very much violently anti-Trump but also kinda authoritarian when it comes to protesting and challenging the police state. Last year was brutal...absolutely brutal...with the Ferguson talk. This year will be potentially jarring because half the spittle I'll agree with wholeheartedly, and then the other half I'll be self-medicating the urge to tourettes-shout "FUCK THE STATE" at an aunt or uncle.

The Connecticut immediate-half of the family is just kind of beaten-down resigned to the terrorworld, so when I follow them home for the weekend it'll be a lot better. But I'm not looking forward to the "raised in a barn" New Bedfordites tomorrow. Same ones who I shared a house of 16 with on my Orlando trip in Sept. documented whimsically in the Obs. thread. :twitch: ¹⁶

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Well...I've already had the best food I'm going to taste all weekend. Trader Joe's brand pumpkin pie. The sassy pre-op with the husky voice, extra uniform flair, and wig who always calls me "Hun" at the taste-test counter gave me an extra-big slice. It might've even been made with 6% real pumpkin as opposed to the 2% you normally find in a pie, because it was absolutely delicious and had much smoother texture than the usual tofu-esque buoyant crap you always get at T'giving dinner mixed from a can and frozen pie-crust.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Rat Patrol wrote:Well...I've already had the best food I'm going to taste all weekend. Trader Joe's brand pumpkin pie. The sassy pre-op with the husky voice, extra uniform flair, and wig who always calls me "Hun" at the taste-test counter gave me an extra-big slice. It might've even been made with 6% real pumpkin as opposed to the 2% you normally find in a pie, because it was absolutely delicious and had much smoother texture than the usual tofu-esque buoyant crap you always get at T'giving dinner mixed from a can and frozen pie-crust.
I had a surprisingly good TJ's pecan pie sample yesterday. They must be upping their pie game.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Wolter wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:Well...I've already had the best food I'm going to taste all weekend. Trader Joe's brand pumpkin pie. The sassy pre-op with the husky voice, extra uniform flair, and wig who always calls me "Hun" at the taste-test counter gave me an extra-big slice. It might've even been made with 6% real pumpkin as opposed to the 2% you normally find in a pie, because it was absolutely delicious and had much smoother texture than the usual tofu-esque buoyant crap you always get at T'giving dinner mixed from a can and frozen pie-crust.
I had a surprisingly good TJ's pecan pie sample yesterday. They must be upping their pie game.
*SWOOSH* [limeys descend on thread with tales of unlidded meat paste and fish eyes flans doused in half-liter of salad cream from a tin]

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Wolter wrote:
*SWOOSH* [limeys descend on thread with tales of unlidded meat paste and fish eyes flans doused in half-liter of salad cream from a tin]

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I don't know who my parents voted for, but I have a pretty good idea. I'll be shamerd shortly.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Less Dakota Pipeline, More Dakota Fanning.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

We're having Thanksgiving at Ali's brother's house. It's next door to our house which makes it perfect for escaping.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Most of my family's political stance is that registering to vote may lead to jury duty. Highly unlikely a single political thought will be uttered.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak