IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Re: IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2018

Post by Rat Patrol »

WestwayKid wrote:
31 Oct 2018, 10:01am
Rat Patrol wrote:
31 Oct 2018, 5:28am
101Walterton wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 3:42pm
WestwayKid wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 2:41pm
He apparently didn't just die in prison...he was killed. What has this country come to when an 89-year-old can't serve out his sentence without being harmed!!
Was he a grass or did FBI just say that to get him killed?
https://www.boston.com/news/national-ne ... lger-death

It was a good old-fashioned rat shanking.
I'd say he pretty much got what he deserved. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Yeah, the thing about being an informant while having dirty FBI agents on your payroll is that when you do get caught all the associates you ratfucked playing both sides can be found in pretty much any federal prison in the land...now having nursed that grudge against him for 20 to 30 years.

This was always how it was going to end for him once all appeals were exhausted and he long since stopped being any use for post-trial accounting. General population = death for his brand of scum.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Willie McCovey

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
31 Oct 2018, 8:50pm
Willie McCovey
:cry:
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
31 Oct 2018, 8:50pm
Willie McCovey
This sucks.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I thought about him and the departure of the integrating generation of ballplayers during the WS, when Hank Aaron presented his award and he was more than a bit stooped. More than a bit alarming because, well, these guys are mostly frozen in our memory and in footage as athletic young men.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 6:14am
I thought about him and the departure of the integrating generation of ballplayers during the WS, when Hank Aaron presented his award and he was more than a bit stooped. More than a bit alarming because, well, these guys are mostly frozen in our memory and in footage as athletic young men.
I thought the same about Hank Aaron. Willie Mays turned 87 this year. Don Newcombe is 92. It really got me thinking about some of the greats who played well before my time and as I scrolled down the list of oldest living baseball players...some of the names surprised me. I would have sworn that Whitey Ford had passed away, for instance - but he's still around at 90. Don Larsen is still around...as is Carl Erskine - who must be the final member of the Boys of Summer still standing.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 6:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I thought the same about Hank Aaron. Willie Mays turned 87 this year. Don Newcombe is 92. It really got me thinking about some of the greats who played well before my time and as I scrolled down the list of oldest living baseball players...some of the names surprised me. I would have sworn that Whitey Ford had passed away, for instance - but he's still around at 90. Don Larsen is still around...as is Carl Erskine - who must be the final member of the Boys of Summer still standing.
On the other hand, whenever they showed shots of Sandy Koufax in the crowd, that guy looks fantastic for being in his 80s.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 7:28am
WestwayKid wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 6:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
On the other hand, whenever they showed shots of Sandy Koufax in the crowd, that guy looks fantastic for being in his 80s.
Koufax comes across as one of those hip, stylish old guys.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/whitey-bul ... ouged-out/

Kewl. Whitey's killers gouged his eyes out while still alive and tried to remove his tongue for being a rat. That's attention to detail and craft you just don't get these days from your typical quick-and-dirty incarcerated drug dealer/gangbanger hit with a crude smuggled shank. These old-time mafia guys, nearly extinct in the wild, knew how to enact their revenge with pinache. :|

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Rat Patrol wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 8:20am

Kewl. Whitey's killers gouged his eyes out while still alive and tried to remove his tongue for being a rat. That's attention to detail and craft you just don't get these days from your typical quick-and-dirty incarcerated drug dealer/gangbanger hit with a crude smuggled shank. These old-time mafia guys, nearly extinct in the wild, knew how to enact their revenge with pinache. :|
The best thing about this is that Whitey was such a piece of shit that I can’t even begin to care.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

BostonBeaneater

Wolter wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 9:27am
Rat Patrol wrote:

The best thing about this is that Whitey was such a piece of shit that I can’t even begin to care.
It’s just a shame he didn’t get to whack Howie Carr.

BostonBeaneater

BostonBeaneater wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 1:05pm
Wolter wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 9:27am
Rat Patrol wrote:

It’s just a shame he didn’t get to whack Howie Carr.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Stan Lee, 95. Excelsior! :cry:

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 2:59pm
sad, but also it sounds like his final years have been kinda bad, so sort of a relief too.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 3:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 2:59pm
sad, but also it sounds like his final years have been kinda bad, so sort of a relief too.
Yeah, that's my view, too. His wife died earlier this year and it seems he'd been taken advantage of by those close to him.