MLB 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Dr. Medulla »

And so the baseball gods have decided David Price will start an unofficial must-win game tonight. Nothing like a good narrative, even if I remain very skeptical that the unwanted narrative will be written. Still, if Sale is hurt, it probably doesn't matter anyway.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Boddington
Junco Partner

Post by Boddington »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 2:37pm
And so the baseball gods have decided David Price will start an unofficial must-win game tonight. Nothing like a good narrative, even if I remain very skeptical that the unwanted narrative will be written. Still, if Sale is hurt, it probably doesn't matter anyway.
I mean I've assumed we'd lose to the Astros in the ALCS since about the midpoint of the season. I'd just like to not get swept. I'd love to win, but unless Price shows up tonight we're probably done.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Boddington wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 2:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I mean I've assumed we'd lose to the Astros in the ALCS since about the midpoint of the season. I'd just like to not get swept. I'd love to win, but unless Price shows up tonight we're probably done.
That's pretty much me. All season long I've thought the Astros were better. Not heaps better, but enough. I hoped the Sox would get hot and HFA would tip things, and maybe the former will still happen, but if not, that's fine. A great regular season and dispatching the Yankees is still satisfying.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 2:54pm
Boddington wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 2:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
That's pretty much me. All season long I've thought the Astros were better. Not heaps better, but enough. I hoped the Sox would get hot and HFA would tip things, and maybe the former will still happen, but if not, that's fine. A great regular season and dispatching the Yankees is still satisfying.
I think Price has the same agent as Kershaw. The magic runs out after 162 games...but you never know. Baseball can be a weird game. It ain't over till it's over, right!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Wolter wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 7:32pm
Flex wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 7:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 6:35pm
What the fuck does that even mean? Puerto Rico isn't Communist and Nicaragua was under Somosa when the earthquake happened. Or is this just a typical dumbass dumbassing away?
being an ignorant dumbshit to own the libs
I guarantee he though it was Cuba.
Colors are reversed between the two flags, correct?
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Two starting pitchers competing to see who can leave the most poo on the mound. As I write, Cole is up one coiler.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Also: Credit to Cole for recovering well going a lot deeper into the game than he seemed to be heading.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Glad that worked out.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I like it when the Boston Red Sox win Base Ball matches.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Feel really good about Eovaldi starting on a week's rest—when he's had extra rest, he's been studly. Win two of three in Houston and you get two shots to win the series back at home.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Oct 2018, 6:35am
Feel really good about Eovaldi starting on a week's rest—when he's had extra rest, he's been studly. Win two of three in Houston and you get two shots to win the series back at home.
That's one thing I learned not to do a few years back ...

He's got "great stuff" though.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
15 Oct 2018, 8:13am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Oct 2018, 6:35am
That's one thing I learned not to do a few years back ...

He's got "great stuff" though.
:lol: He is one of those tantalizing bastards who seems like he could be ace-great, but balances lights-out stuff with shitfests. Buchholz was like that. The Red Sox had a reliever a decade ago, Manny Delcarmen, who was always described as having the best stuff on the team, but the results were pedestrian as fuck. But I'm hoping for more of Eovaldi's killer performance given the extra rest.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Eovaldi was my most recent irrational-hatred Yankee. I didn't even get all that worked up by Pineda's bipolar performances because high highs/low lows was the book on him and any which way Seattle got ripped off on the Jesus Montero trade.

It was the air of "nonspecific general competence" in between guaranteed projectile sharts that drove me absolutely batshit about Eovaldi. I was never happier to see a season-ending surgery than when his elbow exploded in '16.

The fact that he's played for 5 teams in 8 seasons, never lasted more than 3 years for any one team, and isn't even 29 yet just illustrates the effect perfectly. Always with in-demand peripherals...and simultaneously always somebody who's sick of his shit. :angry: