Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by Marky Dread »

gkbill wrote:
02 Dec 2020, 8:04pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Dec 2020, 2:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Dec 2020, 1:30pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Dec 2020, 1:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Dec 2020, 1:22pm

And here I thought your were going to make a joke that was all cornea and shit. Clearly I'm not an apt pupil.
Eye sore that coming. ;)
Lens not have it be a problem, tho.
No problem eye put a lid on it.
Hello,

Iris it would just go away...
Hey! This is my opia not yours.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Hmm, I wouldn't know.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 1:09pm
Hmm, I wouldn't know.
Liberal commie.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

This could go on like five threads, but this one seems most apt. I completely wrecked my stomach last week -
- ate a big fried chicken and buttery brussel sprouts lunch
- a few hours later ran 8 miles
- immediately after running, ate a giant carnitas burrito

About 3am the next morning I had my first bathroom emergency. My stomach was wrecked the entire day. Any trace of fat would trigger an evacuation. My stomach doesn't seem as bulletproof as it once was.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

🎵🎶His gastroenterologist will see how fast you can grow old🎶🎶

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 2:09pm
This could go on like five threads, but this one seems most apt. I completely wrecked my stomach last week -

About 3am the next morning I had my first bathroom emergency. My stomach was wrecked the entire day. Any trace of fat would trigger an evacuation. My stomach doesn't seem as bulletproof as it once was.
:yuck: You never thought your digestive track would age out faster than the rest, eh?

(Meanwhile, I ain't done no exercise in over a week. While rowing I either sprained a rib or strained an oblique. Either way, I'm a fair amount of discomfort even walking these days—exacerbated, I know by a bunch of shovelling of late; bad timing for new snow—let alone real exercise. Frustrating, especially because I know that kind of stuff is slow to heal. So, lots of idle time now.)

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 2:15pm
matedog wrote:

:yuck: You never thought your digestive track would age out faster than the rest, eh?

(Meanwhile, I ain't done no exercise in over a week. While rowing I either sprained a rib or strained an oblique. Either way, I'm a fair amount of discomfort even walking these days—exacerbated, I know by a bunch of shovelling of late; bad timing for new snow—let alone real exercise. Frustrating, especially because I know that kind of stuff is slow to heal. So, lots of idle time now.)
To be fair, I taxed it pretty heavy. Between probably 200% of my saturated fat intake and jostling my stomach for an hour+, it was a hard test that my stomach failed.

Is the pain muscular or bone? Rowing seems like it should be pretty safe.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 2:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:

To be fair, I taxed it pretty heavy. Between probably 200% of my saturated fat intake and jostling my stomach for an hour+, it was a hard test that my stomach failed.
Still, it's one of those things that you realize, fuck, I ain't young like I used to be.
Can't quite tell. It cover most of the area on my right side right under the rib cage, but is most tender on the side. No bruising or anything like that. I'm reasonably sure it's an oblique injury. Rowing involves lots of compressing your body leaning forward before stretching it out, over and over again. I know it happened while rowing because I thought at the time it was just a rib cramp that you sometimes get while running. So I kept powering thru and made it worse.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 2:33pm
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:

Still, it's one of those things that you realize, fuck, I ain't young like I used to be.
Can't quite tell. It cover most of the area on my right side right under the rib cage, but is most tender on the side. No bruising or anything like that. I'm reasonably sure it's an oblique injury. Rowing involves lots of compressing your body leaning forward before stretching it out, over and over again. I know it happened while rowing because I thought at the time it was just a rib cramp that you sometimes get while running. So I kept powering thru and made it worse.
Hello,

Did you slip a rib?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 3:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:

Hello,

Did you slip a rib?
Maybe? I don't have any popping or clicking sensation in the area, but bending over or even brisk walking aggrivates it. It's not out-and-out pain, but more significant discomfort.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

matedog wrote:

Welcome to my world.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 3:18pm
gkbill wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 3:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hello,

Did you slip a rib?
Maybe? I don't have any popping or clicking sensation in the area, but bending over or even brisk walking aggrivates it. It's not out-and-out pain, but more significant discomfort.
Ribs are bad news. I fell hiking last summer and messed them up. I had never felt that kind of discomfort before. Hope you feel better soon.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 9:14am
Ribs are bad news. I fell hiking last summer and messed them up. I had never felt that kind of discomfort before. Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks. It's a serious annoyance because there's very little movement that doesn't involve the area, which means it's a long time to heal. I'm going to be so damned out of shape by the time I can get back at it. :disshame:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I went to get my annual mammogram today, and this is the first year they haven't asked if I could possibly be pregnant. I mean, I get it. I'm 49. But couldn't you have just taken two seconds and asked, and then I could respond with a wink "oh ho, that ship sailed LONG ago." And that would have made my day. But nooooooooo.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy