Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by Silent Majority »

7 lbs down, about, what, fucking 3 stone to go.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 11:28am
Good job, man. I've found weight loss to involve its own momentum. It takes awhile to get going, but once you start losing, as long as you don't start backsliding in your habits, it gets easier and faster.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 12:06pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Good job, man. I've found weight loss to involve its own momentum. It takes awhile to get going, but once you start losing, as long as you don't start backsliding in your habits, it gets easier and faster.
Thank you. It's nice to feel healthier again, looking forward to dropping more.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 6:00pm
I recently started taking Diurex before the gym. I swear that shit has steroids in it. I’m fucking pissed at everyone.
Hello,

I would avoid diuretic pills at all times. When I became diabetic (overnight), I lost 14 lbs. in two days - when I really didn't have 14 lbs. to lose. Eventually, I went on insulin. I gained that weight back plus more. I then had to take lasix to eliminate excess water weight due to getting my sugars under control. I grew up near Saratoga, the thoroughbred track, and remembered hearing about lasix. That reminded me of this:

"The last patient I gave that to won the Kentucky Derby..."

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

gkbill wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 1:47pm
RockNRollWhore wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 6:00pm
I recently started taking Diurex before the gym. I swear that shit has steroids in it. I’m fucking pissed at everyone.
Hello,

I would avoid diuretic pills at all times. When I became diabetic (overnight), I lost 14 lbs. in two days - when I really didn't have 14 lbs. to lose. Eventually, I went on insulin. I gained that weight back plus more. I then had to take lasix to eliminate excess water weight due to getting my sugars under control. I grew up near Saratoga, the thoroughbred track, and remembered hearing about lasix. That reminded me of this:

"The last patient I gave that to won the Kentucky Derby..."
I'm really skinny but I just take it as a preworkout. Crush up three and snort. Great stuff.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I noticed this too. I wound up losing 17 lbs since this time last year. It was tough to get started but now the guilt of not keeping on it prohibits much laziness. Congrats James, it's helpful to remember that it's a journey rather than a destination, and if you DO wind up backsliding a little, not to get too discouraged.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Softball season starts next week. We have the makings of a really good team, cant wait.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 3:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I noticed this too. I wound up losing 17 lbs since this time last year. It was tough to get started but now the guilt of not keeping on it prohibits much laziness. Congrats James, it's helpful to remember that it's a journey rather than a destination, and if you DO wind up backsliding a little, not to get too discouraged.
Just noticed this. 17 lbs is significant. Good job, man.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
19 May 2021, 5:37pm
Softball season starts next week. We have the makings of a really good team, cant wait.
I can't remember, is yours a mixed league, with a minimum number of women on a team?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
So I just bought an exercise bike. I was almost 18 stone. Been using the bike just over a week now. Fucking hard going for an old fucker like me who had suffered with gout for so long and couldn't risk exercising. But I weighed myself today and I'm just over the 17 stone mark so some good progress.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 May 2021, 6:43pm
Silent Majority wrote:
So I just bought an exercise bike. I was almost 18 stone. Been using the bike just over a week now. Fucking hard going for an old fucker like me who had suffered with gout for so long and couldn't risk exercising. But I weighed myself today and I'm just over the 17 stone mark so some good progress.
Fantastic! Stick with it and the stones will become pebbles. Or something. I'll put in my recommendation for a rowing machine, too, as it works your legs and upper body. But if you enjoy cycling and the weight is coming off, keep going. :cool:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2021, 6:36pm
Kory wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 3:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Just noticed this. 17 lbs is significant. Good job, man.
Thank you. I feel much less like a stranger in my own body, which was the goal.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2021, 6:56pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Fantastic! Stick with it and the stones will become pebbles. Or something. I'll put in my recommendation for a rowing machine, too, as it works your legs and upper body. But if you enjoy cycling and the weight is coming off, keep going. :cool:
Cheers Doc. Would love a rowing machine but limited room. So it's a perseverance thing on the bike.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2021, 6:37pm
revbob wrote:
19 May 2021, 5:37pm
I can't remember, is yours a mixed league, with a minimum number of women on a team?
Yes it is I have no interest playing in an all male league for a number of reasons, mainly they tend to be all assholes. I mainly do it for fun and if it ain't fun...

As for weight the past few years have added a good 10-15 lbs. Mom dying from cancer over the course of 18 months, changing jobs, rough patches at home and then covid. Im working on getting down to 210 - 215 from my current 220. Im tall and thin so I hide it well.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Marky Dread wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
NIce one mate, keep it going. Lovely to feel healthier, so it is.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/