Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Inder
corecore vanguard

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by Inder »

JennyB wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 4:25pm
Inder wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 4:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 10:40am
Weep, o mortals, for I am menthol and cinnamon, I am Tiger Balm! It's the only ointment I've found that does a damn for sore muscles, and I decided my lower back needed it. The initial burn is nasty—like, a good 7 or 8 minutes—but then it loosens things up beautifully.
When I lived with the basketball team in undergrad, one of their hazing things was getting all the first-years liquored up, leading them into the basement and, in total darkness, telling them to put on a jockstrap... which had been coated in Tiger Balm.

I didn't play and had no idea what they were up to until my peaceful evening was shattered by the screams. X(
I know this isn't the point, but did you play for the basketball team or did you live with them because you are so tall? :shifty:
I did not! I ended up there via a friend of a friend, who himself became a friend in the end.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Inder wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 4:30pm
JennyB wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 4:25pm
Inder wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 4:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 10:40am
Weep, o mortals, for I am menthol and cinnamon, I am Tiger Balm! It's the only ointment I've found that does a damn for sore muscles, and I decided my lower back needed it. The initial burn is nasty—like, a good 7 or 8 minutes—but then it loosens things up beautifully.
When I lived with the basketball team in undergrad, one of their hazing things was getting all the first-years liquored up, leading them into the basement and, in total darkness, telling them to put on a jockstrap... which had been coated in Tiger Balm.

I didn't play and had no idea what they were up to until my peaceful evening was shattered by the screams. X(
I know this isn't the point, but did you play for the basketball team or did you live with them because you are so tall? :shifty:
I did not! I ended up there via a friend of a friend, who himself became a friend in the end.
Gotcha. :mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

.Went for my first bike ride in 2 months 8.5 miles. Id planned to do more but the one section has turned to slush after 2 days of 40+ degree temps so I only got in about half the ride I wanted. It may have been a blessing though because I did what I often do and rode as hard as I could for most of the time on the way out and kicked my own ass.

View from the bridge over the Winooski River. The ice is receding a bit.
Attachments
20220212_110551.jpg
20220212_110551.jpg

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 1:20pm
.Went for my first bike ride in 2 months 8.5 miles. Id planned to do more but the one section has turned to slush after 2 days of 40+ degree temps so I only got in about half the ride I wanted. It may have been a blessing though because I did what I often do and rode as hard as I could for most of the time on the way out and kicked my own ass.

So are you actually pedaling in the snow or is there a plowed road you ride on? Seems like that would be as hard as riding on sand, crazy difficult workout.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:

First ride of the year is always a rude discovery of lost stamina, but riding in such cool weather isn't going to make it any easier. Youse crazy riding in February. But good on ya.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 6:59pm
revbob wrote:

So are you actually pedaling in the snow or is there a plowed road you ride on? Seems like that would be as hard as riding on sand, crazy difficult workout.
No it was mostly packed or clear, Burlington clears half of its bike path and leaves the other half for xcountry skiers. But the next town north doesn't do anything. Itwould have been fine but the warmer weather made it deep slush amd yeah that is like riding in sand. Maybe if I had one of those fat ti bikes.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 7:03pm
revbob wrote:

First ride of the year is always a rude discovery of lost stamina, but riding in such cool weather isn't going to make it any easier. Youse crazy riding in February. But good on ya.
Yeah it sucks going back to 0 after just 2 months butit was 40 and sunny, couldn't pass it up.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 8:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Yeah it sucks going back to 0 after just 2 months butit was 40 and sunny, couldn't pass it up.
Back when I still rode outdoors, that first week was an ego nutpunch. Every spring. No matter how much I rode indoors in the basement, and I did several thousand kilometres, shifting outdoors again was initially harsh.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 8:22pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Back when I still rode outdoors, that first week was an ego nutpunch. Every spring. No matter how much I rode indoors in the basement, and I did several thousand kilometres, shifting outdoors again was initially harsh.
Well Ive been a lazy fuck for the past two months so it shouldn't have been entirely unexpected I guess. Its something Im still adjusting to as a middle age(?) person.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 8:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Well Ive been a lazy fuck for the past two months so it shouldn't have been entirely unexpected I guess. Its something Im still adjusting to as a middle age(?) person.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 9:11pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

That's hitting below the belt. I'll have you know I cut a svelte figure

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 10:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

*snort* You probably aren't beloved by Nazis either.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 7:06am
revbob wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 10:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

*snort* You probably aren't beloved by Nazis either.
I'll take the win.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Got a tooth pulled today. I honestly don't remember it being this difficult when I was younger.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 2:56pm
Got a tooth pulled today. I honestly don't remember it being this difficult when I was younger.
Ouch! I think I've only had one permanent tooth pulled, years ago when I cracked it. Baby teeth just seemed to fall right out or a loving family member tied a string to a door knob and had a good laugh.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung