Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by coffeepotman »

Sparky wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 4:48pm
Kory wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 2:50pm
WestwayKid wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 1:09pm
coffeepotman wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 12:42pm
WestwayKid wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 12:34pm

Best wishes & positive vibes coming your way.

I'm due for my 1st one this year (turned the big 4-5 in January). Just waiting for the scheduling department to call me and I'll get something on the books. As someone who struggles with anxiety, the prospect of getting it done terrifies me, but I know it's the right thing to do.
I also struggle with anxiety but it is the right thing to do and it's really nothing, you are out cold in dreamland.
People say the prep is the worst but it really isn't that bad...and believe me when they roll you in to the surgical suite they usually have music playing, ask for S! to keep your nerves down. When you wake up you will have no clue what they just did.

Good luck my friend hope it all turns out fine and then you can wait 5 years for your next one.

I always insist that the anesthesiologist lets me count down from when they push the med in, I start at 10 and am usually out by 5, sometimes it's a little longer depending on how fast they push the meds in.
Thanks for the advice on the procedure... it helps.
The procedure itself is no big whoop, I echo those who have said the prep is the worst. That stuff they have you drink to clean you out is like a gallon of semen.
I'm in the process of scheduling my next one, my doctor said they have a new prep liquid you can drink, 5 oz day before, 5 oz day of or 5 pills day before and 5 day of. I'm going to opt for the 5 / 5 liquid this time.
I never use that yucky stuff, I use Miralax and Gatorade, Google Miralax prep. always works for me and tastes like blue Gatorade

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Sparky wrote:
Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 12:34pm

Best wishes & positive vibes coming your way.

I'm due for my 1st one this year (turned the big 4-5 in January). Just waiting for the scheduling department to call me and I'll get something on the books. As someone who struggles with anxiety, the prospect of getting it done terrifies me, but I know it's the right thing to do.
I also struggle with anxiety but it is the right thing to do and it's really nothing, you are out cold in dreamland.
People say the prep is the worst but it really isn't that bad...and believe me when they roll you in to the surgical suite they usually have music playing, ask for S! to keep your nerves down. When you wake up you will have no clue what they just did.

Good luck my friend hope it all turns out fine and then you can wait 5 years for your next one.

I always insist that the anesthesiologist lets me count down from when they push the med in, I start at 10 and am usually out by 5, sometimes it's a little longer depending on how fast they push the meds in.
The procedure itself is no big whoop, I echo those who have said the prep is the worst. That stuff they have you drink to clean you out is like a gallon of semen.
I'm in the process of scheduling my next one, my doctor said they have a new prep liquid you can drink, 5 oz day before, 5 oz day of or 5 pills day before and 5 day of. I'm going to opt for the 5 / 5 liquid this time.
That sounds way better than Nulytely and its fellow offenders.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

coffeepotman wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 5:02pm
Sparky wrote:
Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:

I never use that yucky stuff, I use Miralax and Gatorade, Google Miralax prep. always works for me and tastes like blue Gatorade
Thanks, I read up on it and will ask my doctor how he feels about it, they are emailing me my orders tomorrow for an appointment late next month, so I've got plenty of time to get it figured out.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

It was the effect of drinking the prep that was the worst

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I pulled my upper quad stretching for a throw to 1B in fall ball today. It was a good 10 feet see you there

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 12:13pm
I pulled my upper quad stretching for a throw to 1B in fall ball today. It was a good 10 feet see you there
Well, you didn't have a heart attack or stroke, which is the main thing.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 6:23pm
revbob wrote:
For sure, I also caught it to complete a DP.

Not sure how "see you there" got in there

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 6:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 6:23pm
revbob wrote:
For sure, I also caught it to complete a DP.

Not sure how "see you there" got in there
I thought it was some kind of "see you next Tuesday" kind of thing.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

For those of you who've gone through the prep, did you buy the prescribed stuff? The man is about to have his poop chute checked and the pharmacy charged him $85 for the prep. When he questioned it, they told him to check with the doctor to see if they prescribe something cheaper. The doctor then just gives him a kit...for free. Is the price usually that high and is it common that they have these free kits but don't offer them unless pushed? I mean, sheesh.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
05 Oct 2022, 12:46pm
For those of you who've gone through the prep, did you buy the prescribed stuff? The man is about to have his poop chute checked and the pharmacy charged him $85 for the prep. When he questioned it, they told him to check with the doctor to see if they prescribe something cheaper. The doctor then just gives him a kit...for free. Is the price usually that high and is it common that they have these free kits but don't offer them unless pushed? I mean, sheesh.
My wife works for the hospital so lots of this stuff is covered for us.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:
I've always gone with the prescription prep solution myself, fortunately our insurance has covered it. I've read there are other alternatives, but I haven't tried any of them yet. I agree, had we not been fully insured, the price was close to $200 USD, ridiculous.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Sparky wrote:
05 Oct 2022, 2:02pm
Mimi wrote:
I've always gone with the prescription prep solution myself, fortunately our insurance has covered it. I've read there are other alternatives, but I haven't tried any of them yet. I agree, had we not been fully insured, the price was close to $200 USD, ridiculous.
That's insane.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Well, the gum between my penultimate left-side top molar and the one before that is very suddenly bleeding like a motherfucker when I floss or brush, so I get to probably spend a thousand on dental work next week.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 1:54pm
Well, the gum between my penultimate left-side top molar and the one before that is very suddenly bleeding like a motherfucker when I floss or brush, so I get to probably spend a thousand on dental work next week.
Maybe look into some super heavy duty mouthwash first. Go to your dentist and try to buy some from them. I can't recall the brand, but after I had some work done this spring I was prescribed this super shit that would go after infections.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 2:02pm
Kory wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 1:54pm
Maybe look into some super heavy duty mouthwash first. Go to your dentist and try to buy some from them. I can't recall the brand, but after I had some work done this spring I was prescribed this super shit that would go after infections.
I'm going to do a saltwater rinse today, but I'm expecting a fair bill at the dentist. I haven't been in about 3 years.