Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 6:31am
revbob wrote:
30 Aug 2020, 8:14pm
Played a double header today and Im embarrassed to say by the 2nd half of the 2nd game I was gassed. I do play hard and will run out the shittiest grounder I might hit in the hopes I can force a hurried throw and it works sometimes. But at one point I just couldn't be bothered to stretch for a throw that was wide of 1st and I felt really bad after.
Hey, Robbie Cano, how you doin'?
Like I might win a batting title one day.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 3:26am
revbob wrote:
Played a double header today and Im embarrassed to say by the 2nd half of the 2nd game I was gassed. I do play hard and will run out the shittiest grounder I might hit in the hopes I can force a hurried throw and it works sometimes. But at one point I just couldn't be bothered to stretch for a throw that was wide of 1st and I felt really bad after.
Don’t know what that means but you should be ashamed of yourself!
In relatable Cricket terms it would mean you were stuck in the wicket and didn't get the squishy.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 7:11am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 6:31am
revbob wrote:
Hey, Robbie Cano, how you doin'?
Like I might win a batting title one day.
Also, mouthbreathers think you woulda been nuthin' without Cap'n Jeets' calm eyes helping you turn two.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
I had a similar experience 2 weekends ago. I also played a double header. First baseball of the year for me. I've always been a line drive hitter who has relied on my speed. I hit lead off and while I got a decent hit my first at bat I really struggled to get to first in time to beat the throw. It went downhill from there, my legs just got heavier and heavier. I was then covering 2nd and got upended by the runner, falling on my backside and my tail bone is still sore. I think I'm in pretty good shape for 43, but I'm noticing that certain parts are just wearing down.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 11:38am
revbob wrote:
I had a similar experience 2 weekends ago. I also played a double header. First baseball of the year for me. I've always been a line drive hitter who has relied on my speed. I hit lead off and while I got a decent hit my first at bat I really struggled to get to first in time to beat the throw. It went downhill from there, my legs just got heavier and heavier. I was then covering 2nd and got upended by the runner, falling on my backside and my tail bone is still sore. I think I'm in pretty good shape for 43, but I'm noticing that certain parts are just wearing down.
Yeah it probably didn't help that Id had a few beers during the first game. I was never drunk but I have to think that played a role.

My hitting has been terribly inconsistent since last fall . Im also normally a line drive hitter singles/doubles with the odd HR. But since last falls its been a lot of crappy ground balls to 2nd or SS and I cant figure it out. Lots of balls hitting the tapered part between the handle and the barrel. Very frustrating.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 12:06pm
Yeah it probably didn't help that Id had a few beers during the first game. I was never drunk but I have to think that played a role.
Reverse PEDs—just like the old timey ballplayers.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
revbob wrote:

My hitting has been terribly inconsistent since last fall . Im also normally a line drive hitter singles/doubles with the odd HR. But since last falls its been a lot of crappy ground balls to 2nd or SS and I cant figure it out. Lots of balls hitting the tapered part between the handle and the barrel. Very frustrating.
I hear you. I've gone through those same spells in recent years. I think it's a combo of eyesight and reflexes. I'm still "seeing" the ball okay, but my body isn't reacting in the same way and I'm not getting around on the ball as fast as I used to.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 1:27pm
revbob wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
revbob wrote:

I hear you. I've gone through those same spells in recent years. I think it's a combo of eyesight and reflexes. I'm still "seeing" the ball okay, but my body isn't reacting in the same way and I'm not getting around on the ball as fast as I used to.
Yeah understandable in baseball but not for softball. If just doesn't make sense. I guess its more a timing thing.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Bought an Apple Watch today (refurbished) after learning that there's an app that monitors for signs of epileptic seizures and can send alerts to others, as well as keep a log of seizure activity. Even tho I always tell her when I've had a seizure, The Boss was all for something that would let her know if my brain goes haywire. And I'm kinda curious whether I have seizures in my sleep but aren't aware of it. So, I'll have my first watch in, I dunno, 20 years?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Sep 2020, 2:15pm
Bought an Apple Watch today (refurbished) after learning that there's an app that monitors for signs of epileptic seizures and can send alerts to others, as well as keep a log of seizure activity. Even tho I always tell her when I've had a seizure, The Boss was all for something that would let her know if my brain goes haywire. And I'm kinda curious whether I have seizures in my sleep but aren't aware of it. So, I'll have my first watch in, I dunno, 20 years?
Get a seizure dog instead that more fun and interesting. Apple watches are boring.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
04 Sep 2020, 3:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Get a seizure dog instead that more fun and interesting. Apple watches are boring.
We already have three cats, who wouldn't be keen on a dog. I don't care about boring or interesting, only utility.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
First a smartphone, now this. What's next, a flying car?

In all seriousness, I'm glad you are employing this safety measure.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 9:35am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
First a smartphone, now this. What's next, a flying car?

In all seriousness, I'm glad you are employing this safety measure.
:lol: Well, we did buy a car manufactured in this millenium this past December, so that's pretty close to a flying car. Also, I have engaged in a total of two calls on this phone. It just sits there.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Fall ball started today. Im still hitting like shit. Beat out one grounder. My defense was solid though. My ability to stretch over 7 feet at first base was a difference maker several times.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
20 Sep 2020, 6:20pm
Fall ball started today. Im still hitting like shit. Beat out one grounder. My defense was solid though. My ability to stretch over 7 feet at first base was a difference maker several times.
No-hit 1B are the sparkliest of unicorns. You're gonna get Wally Pipp'd.