Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
20 Apr 2022, 12:44pm
Mimi wrote:
20 Apr 2022, 12:37pm
gkbill wrote:
20 Apr 2022, 10:45am
Mimi wrote:
20 Apr 2022, 10:38am
If you don't want to have to deal with butt demons, I've heard there's a pill that you can swallow that takes pictures all the way down. I might try this option as I can't seem to go long without food and I hate pissing out my ass.
Hello,

I think you still you will need to cleanse (I'm pretty sure that's the right word/use).
I think you might be right. I haven't dug into the details of it.
Otherwise that camera is just gonna see alot of shit and in the end you dont want to be picking thru a fresh loaf to find it.
Is this a raisin or a camera I see before me?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Softball started up last night so Im sore as hell this morning. Mainly because I dont normally do a lot of running.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 May 2022, 8:06am
Softball started up last night so Im sore as hell this morning. Mainly because I dont normally do a lot of running.
Mrs. revbob should start chasing you around with a rolling pin, like in Andy Capp.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2022, 9:28am
revbob wrote:
Mrs. revbob should start chasing you around with a rolling pin, like in Andy Capp.
I had my first lockout the other night too.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 May 2022, 10:58am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
A sure sign that summer has arrived!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
26 May 2022, 10:58am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
If this is a sign of things to come, might want to invest in some type of cot or comfortable sleeping pad for out on the porch. :mrgreen:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Although this thread tends to skew more toward fitness than general health, I thought I should post that I have hypothermia today which I was worried might be the beginning of sepsis from a minor excisional surgery I had on Tuesday. I chatted with a PA online and she saw a pic of the incision site and doesn't think it's any kind of infection. She had me take a COVID test which came out negative so I guess my temp is just 94° because I'm getting a cold or something. Still pretty damn low.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
26 May 2022, 3:23pm
If this is a sign of things to come, might want to invest in some type of cot or comfortable sleeping pad for out on the porch. :mrgreen:
Nah I can always get in, just have to walk around the house, or there's the shed if all else fails.

Kory wrote:
26 May 2022, 3:42pm
Although this thread tends to skew more toward fitness than general health, I thought I should post that I have hypothermia today which I was worried might be the beginning of sepsis from a minor excisional surgery I had on Tuesday. I chatted with a PA online and she saw a pic of the incision site and doesn't think it's any kind of infection. She had me take a COVID test which came out negative so I guess my temp is just 94° because I'm getting a cold or something. Still pretty damn low.
Ive never associated "a cold" with lower body temp. 94 is pretty fucking low. And again covid is more likely to give you a higher temp. What was the PAs recommended treatment?

Be careful that shit is serious

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Kory wrote:
My natural body temp is 97 but that's been consistent throughout my life. Get a second opinion. Go to the er or medexpress or whatever you have there. 94 is oddly low for a healthy younger man.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I'm going to go buy a new thermometer first.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
26 May 2022, 4:17pm
Kory wrote:
My natural body temp is 97 but that's been consistent throughout my life. Get a second opinion. Go to the er or medexpress or whatever you have there. 94 is oddly low for a healthy younger man.
Yeah, concur. Get to an ER—that temp is worryingly low. Don't fuck around.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2022, 4:27pm
Mimi wrote:
Kory wrote:
I've talked to two doctors about it and neither of them seem worried so far. I'm not too jazzed about sitting in a waiting room for 6 hours to hear the same thing from a third.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
26 May 2022, 4:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Kory wrote:
I've talked to two doctors about it and neither of them seem worried so far. I'm not too jazzed about sitting in a waiting room for 6 hours to hear the same thing from a third.
Given that you're officially in hypothermia territory, that's really unsettling. Are you at home right now? Can you have a hot bath to see if that has an effect? (I'm spitballin' here; I have no idea whether that would help.)

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2022, 5:06pm
Kory wrote:
26 May 2022, 4:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Kory wrote:
Given that you're officially in hypothermia territory, that's really unsettling. Are you at home right now? Can you have a hot bath to see if that has an effect? (I'm spitballin' here; I have no idea whether that would help.)
I'm starting to think it's just the thermometer. I wouldn't have known I had a low temp if I hadn't decided to take it on a whim. Apparently if I had hypothermia that was worth worrying about, I'd have some other really definitive symptoms as well. Given that the thermometer keeps swinging wildly, I'm hoping that a new one will be more accurate.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Update: it was the thermometer