Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by Mimi »

WestwayKid wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 2:55pm
Well, I survived. Doctor found 2 small polyps that will have to get biopsied. I asked him about it and he shook his head and said "they're nothing to worry about" though being an anxious fellow, I will worry until I get a call otherwise. Other than that, it was a seamless experience. They knocked me out and then suddenly I was awake. No issues with that. I feel mostly normal right now, just a little tired. As long as everything is in fact okay, I'm good for another 3 years and then I get to repeat.
Yaaaaay!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

WestwayKid wrote:
Well, I survived. Doctor found 2 small polyps that will have to get biopsied. I asked him about it and he shook his head and said "they're nothing to worry about" though being an anxious fellow, I will worry until I get a call otherwise. Other than that, it was a seamless experience. They knocked me out and then suddenly I was awake. No issues with that. I feel mostly normal right now, just a little tired. As long as everything is in fact okay, I'm good for another 3 years and then I get to repeat.
Glad for the news not to worry. I went to the doctor a couple years ago and while I was there I mentioned that I wanted to look into getting on some kind of anti-anxiety medication, and then I also asked about another health concern and she said, "it's probably nothing, but I'll take some blood to make sure you don't have leukemia." And I thought, thanks, that's really helpful for the anxiety problems I mentioned earlier.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Kory wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 4:30pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Glad for the news not to worry. I went to the doctor a couple years ago and while I was there I mentioned that I wanted to look into getting on some kind of anti-anxiety medication, and then I also asked about another health concern and she said, "it's probably nothing, but I'll take some blood to make sure you don't have leukemia." And I thought, thanks, that's really helpful for the anxiety problems I mentioned earlier.
😂😂😂 ouch. Why do they do that shit?!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Mimi wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 5:31pm
Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
She always looks really tired, I think a lot of these Kaiser Permanente doctors are just exhausted from all the quotas they have to deal with. Probably makes it hard to even be aware of what you're saying.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 5:55pm
Mimi wrote:
Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
She always looks really tired, I think a lot of these Kaiser Permanente doctors are just exhausted from all the quotas they have to deal with. Probably makes it hard to even be aware of what you're saying.
I was wondering if its one of those things where its become like an assembly line job for her and she interjects stuff like that to maybe get a reaction and break up the tedium.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 6:02pm
Kory wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 5:55pm
Mimi wrote:
Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I was wondering if its one of those things where its become like an assembly line job for her and she interjects stuff like that to maybe get a reaction and break up the tedium.
Agent ProvocaDocteur

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Silent Majority wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 3:48pm
This is what we wanted and this is what we got. It's good news WWk
Agreed :mrgreen: !
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I think some doctors just don't (obviously) understand the triggering nature of anxiety. They think they're being helpful or maybe they're just matter of fact clinicians. I always mention to everyone (doctors, nurses, etc.) that I struggle with health anxiety. I'm not sure if it always helps - but I really try and put it out there. I barely spoke to the GI doctor today - he just buzzed into the room and very quickly said he removed 2 polyps and that he wanted me to get another colonoscopy in 3 years. I asked about the size and that's when he shook his head and said yeah, I wouldn't worry, and then he was gone.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

They were playing an Elvis Christmas CD in the procedure room when they knocked me out...so the last thing I heard before I slipped into the great unknown was the voice of The King ... :mrgreen:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

WestwayKid wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 6:25pm
Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I think some doctors just don't (obviously) understand the triggering nature of anxiety. They think they're being helpful or maybe they're just matter of fact clinicians. I always mention to everyone (doctors, nurses, etc.) that I struggle with health anxiety. I'm not sure if it always helps - but I really try and put it out there. I barely spoke to the GI doctor today - he just buzzed into the room and very quickly said he removed 2 polyps and that he wanted me to get another colonoscopy in 3 years. I asked about the size and that's when he shook his head and said yeah, I wouldn't worry, and then he was gone.
I once had unprotected sex with somebody I had just started seeing, and then I started getting worried about it. So I went to the doctor (he pawned me off on his PA), who asked if I had any symptoms of anything, and I said no, but what about HIV? And he said "is she black? you probably don't need to worry otherwise."

Never went back to that office again.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Kory wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 6:52pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I once had unprotected sex with somebody I had just started seeing, and then I started getting worried about it. So I went to the doctor (he pawned me off on his PA), who asked if I had any symptoms of anything, and I said no, but what about HIV? And he said "is she black? you probably don't need to worry otherwise."

Good lord!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

WestwayKid wrote:
Congratulations, sure feels good to have it over with, doesn't it? I've had the polyps and biopsies as well, my doctors said the same thing and they were right, nothing to be concerned about. I'm usually tired and take a nap when I get home, but the next day I'm up and eating like I'm making up for lost time. Hope you're the same way tomorrow.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Fucking hell
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

That's one of those things where, disgust aside, it completely calls into question anything and everything that person might say on any topic. LIke, you're an awful person, that's confirmed, but you might be an utterly incompetent person, too.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Fucked up for sure. Now imagine you're a black person and that's the doctor you end up seeing. What kind of care can tou expect to get?