Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 10:37am
WestwayKid wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 9:20am
My back hurts again. Ugh. It seemed to come out of nowhere again. I was cleaning up after dinner on Tuesday night and then wham. I can function, but definitely very sore. I'm thankful to be able to work from a standing desk (it feels better when I'm on my feet).

My partner and I had been going through a very fit stage fall/winter, but then she started working two jobs (she's transitioning out of teaching and wanted to continue on part time to work with her kids through the end of the school year) and so she's been exhausted every night and so we've fallen off our routine of exercise and yoga. This has led to a general feeling on being unfit. It's crazy how by your mid-40's you can feel like you're falling apart like that if you take your eyes off the prize.
I’m in the same boat. This past week we converted the failed lawn in the backyard to flower garden, which meant digging up the remaining sod, turning over the soil, placing flat rocks, and all that. That was hell on my lower back. I’ve also got two bad shoulders now, both crunching and unable to do things like scratch my back. Somehow I’m in the best shape of my life yet also clearly breaking down.
I'm also in pretty good shape (back down to almost my high school weight) but if I so much as sleep wrong, god help my body.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 1:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
My back hurts again. Ugh. It seemed to come out of nowhere again. I was cleaning up after dinner on Tuesday night and then wham. I can function, but definitely very sore. I'm thankful to be able to work from a standing desk (it feels better when I'm on my feet).

My partner and I had been going through a very fit stage fall/winter, but then she started working two jobs (she's transitioning out of teaching and wanted to continue on part time to work with her kids through the end of the school year) and so she's been exhausted every night and so we've fallen off our routine of exercise and yoga. This has led to a general feeling on being unfit. It's crazy how by your mid-40's you can feel like you're falling apart like that if you take your eyes off the prize.
I’m in the same boat. This past week we converted the failed lawn in the backyard to flower garden, which meant digging up the remaining sod, turning over the soil, placing flat rocks, and all that. That was hell on my lower back. I’ve also got two bad shoulders now, both crunching and unable to do things like scratch my back. Somehow I’m in the best shape of my life yet also clearly breaking down.
I'm also in pretty good shape (back down to almost my high school weight) but if I so much as sleep wrong, god help my body.
The state of my shoulders is such that just rolling over "incorrectly" in my sleep can cause me to jolt awake in pain. What the hell, Jesus?
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 1:42pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

The state of my shoulders is such that just rolling over "incorrectly" in my sleep can cause me to jolt awake in pain. What the hell, Jesus?
I threw my neck out while washing my hair a couple years ago, and also reaching for something on the top shelf. We're not built to live this long—this is when the wolves are supposed to pick us off.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 3:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

I threw my neck out while washing my hair a couple years ago, and also reaching for something on the top shelf. We're not built to live this long—this is when the wolves are supposed to pick us off.
I can't disagree with that statement. If I can feel a sneeze coming, I'll often crouch down because I've twinged my back from sneezing while standing straight up. Intelligent design, my broken ass.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 3:26pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I can't disagree with that statement. If I can feel a sneeze coming, I'll often crouch down because I've twinged my back from sneezing while standing straight up. Intelligent design, my broken ass.
My shoulder is still hurting from when I made the grave mistake of playing in the kids vs. parents hockey game. I think I need to go get a cortisone shot or something.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It was god's design to have us eaten by wolves by now, it's only because we've killed him that we're still around to fall apart.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 3:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

My shoulder is still hurting from when I made the grave mistake of playing in the kids vs. parents hockey game. I think I need to go get a cortisone shot or something.
Who won?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 3:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

If you're like me, you haven't gone because inertia is its own opiate. I know what the sensible thing to do is … but … well … yeah.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 3:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

It was god's design to have us eaten by wolves by now, it's only because we've killed him that we're still around to fall apart.
I'm prepared to give you my proxy on all metaphysical matters.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 4:20pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Kory can have that, I'll take power of attorney.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 4:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

This is the day we've been plotting so long for, Flex.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 5:00pm
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

At last, it's all going to end for me. It was a lousy ride, but at least it didn't go on more than 54 years.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 5:16pm
Kory wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

At last, it's all going to end for me. It was a lousy ride, but at least it didn't go on more than 54 years.
You can at least make good on the sentiment of My Generation if Daltrey and Townshend aren't.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 5:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 5:16pm
Kory wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

You can at least make good on the sentiment of My Generation if Daltrey and Townshend aren't.
It will be my greatest achievement. :approve:

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »