Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 8:10pm
I cleaned the house and hurt muh back. :meh: Where would I be without a heating pad?
Does your heating pad also vibrate? That shit is great for numbing lower back pain.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 8:37pm
Mimi wrote:
I cleaned the house and hurt muh back. :meh: Where would I be without a heating pad?
Does your heating pad also vibrate? That shit is great for numbing lower back pain.
Get a room!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 10:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Get a room!
Your innuendoing marks you as a boor, you ruffian!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Did a shorter ride this morning about 7 - 8 miles. I did it with whatever energy stores I had from the day before and some water. I had noticeably less energy but Im feeling pretty good. Its gonna be around 95 today so I wanted to get a ride in before it got too hot.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
No.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 9:07am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
No.
Then I have changed your life.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 7:45am
Did a shorter ride this morning about 7 - 8 miles. I did it with whatever energy stores I had from the day before and some water. I had noticeably less energy but Im feeling pretty good. Its gonna be around 95 today so I wanted to get a ride in before it got too hot.
That stamina thing is remarkable. Even riding on a stationary during the winter to maintain, my first rides outside every spring were just vile. I'd think, yeah, pickin' up from last year cos I didn't let myself go over the winter, but nope. But after a couple weeks, things were fine. Just getting in the miles/kilometres five or six days a week.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 9:39am
revbob wrote:
That stamina thing is remarkable. Even riding on a stationary during the winter to maintain, my first rides outside every spring were just vile. I'd think, yeah, pickin' up from last year cos I didn't let myself go over the winter, but nope. But after a couple weeks, things were fine. Just getting in the miles/kilometres five or six days a week.
Yeah that's what Im trying to do, get some consistency so that its not like Im starting over each time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 10:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 9:39am
revbob wrote:
Yeah that's what Im trying to do, get some consistency so that its not like Im starting over each time.
What's neat is that it's like flicking a switch, where one day, bam, your recovery time between rides and between bursts of pedalling just becomes excellent.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
This is why I don't clean.

Feel better, Meemz.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 11:13am
Mimi wrote:

Feel better, Meemz.
Thanks.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 1:07pm
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Feel better, Meemz.
Thanks.
Yeah and ignore Doc's unwarranted sexual advances.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 1:27pm
Mimi wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 1:07pm
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Feel better, Meemz.
Thanks.
Yeah and ignore Doc's unwarranted sexual advances.
You know, I could have done/said so much with that post... :shifty:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Game 2 today and another win. I made the game ending catch in right. Right after missing a sliding catch where the ball ricocheted off my knee. Thankfully that one ricocheted to the infield. I made several good plays in right but they kept trying to sneak them in, sure I missed a few but caught many more than I missed. I still have the legs to run down a ball but my arm is shot for throwing more than like 100 feet. Had a few good hits too single/double would have had an easy triple but their CF was really good and ran down a ball that most CFs would have been waving at.

Fun times

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 8:20pm
Game 2 today and another win. I made the game ending catch in right. Right after missing a sliding catch where the ball ricocheted off my knee. Thankfully that one ricocheted to the infield. I made several good plays in right but they kept trying to sneak them in, sure I missed a few but caught many more than I missed. I still have the legs to run down a ball but my arm is shot for throwing more than like 100 feet. Had a few good hits too single/double would have had an easy triple but their CF was really good and ran down a ball that most CFs would have been waving at.

Fun times
Props to you for getting out there and giving it the effort. Keeping active keeps you going longer.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung