Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
21 Dec 2021, 11:18am
Getting my shingles shot tomorrow. Any tips on not feeling like crap afterward?
Yeah, you wont get shingles.

But seriously Ive only had one (its a two doser a few months apart). I got it same time as my flu shot. Only had sore arms.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

JennyB wrote:
We had our first one a couple of months back, felt fine all day, but woke up with chills that night and didn't sleep well. Kind of run down the next day, but I attributed that to my lousy sleep, but other than that, no issues.

Maybe one minor issue, we can stick forks to our bodies now, so the spoons from the COVID vax now have company. Once we get our 2nd shingles shot, I'm hoping knives stick so we can have a full place setting.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Sparky wrote:
21 Dec 2021, 12:24pm
JennyB wrote:
We had our first one a couple of months back, felt fine all day, but woke up with chills that night and didn't sleep well. Kind of run down the next day, but I attributed that to my lousy sleep, but other than that, no issues.

Maybe one minor issue, we can stick forks to our bodies now, so the spoons from the COVID vax now have company. Once we get our 2nd shingles shot, I'm hoping knives stick so we can have a full place setting.
Thanks, all. Yeah - I've heard horror stories (nothing compared to shingles itself, obviously), but glad you all had relatively minor side effects. Thanks, I appreciate it!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Since I can't go to the gym anymore, I do pullups at the playground when I go with June. Other than pushups at home, it's basically the only strength workouts I do. I don't know what happened, but I tweaked my back doing them. It didn't hurt at the time, but my lower back hurts so damn much and makes me feel so damn old. The angle I have to hunch over and pick up my 10lb baby just kills me.

Fuck, I swear I'm not old.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
27 Dec 2021, 1:30pm
Since I can't go to the gym anymore, I do pullups at the playground when I go with June. Other than pushups at home, it's basically the only strength workouts I do. I don't know what happened, but I tweaked my back doing them. It didn't hurt at the time, but my lower back hurts so damn much and makes me feel so damn old. The angle I have to hunch over and pick up my 10lb baby just kills me.

One of us! One of us!

(Sorry. It doesn't get better. :disshame: )
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

matedog wrote:

As Doc has already said, welcome to the club, always glad to have new members!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

matedog wrote:

Don't beat yourself up. It doesn't take much to pull your back out.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Mimi wrote:
27 Dec 2021, 4:15pm
matedog wrote:

So you are saying i'm not old right?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

And now we see how tactful Mimi is …
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
27 Dec 2021, 4:46pm
Mimi wrote:
matedog wrote:

I worked with a guy who threw his back out sneezing. I was 21 at the time and thought he was old at 35.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

matedog wrote:
Mimi wrote:
matedog wrote:

You're not old.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

matedog wrote:

I had a sore back appear seemingly out of nowhere yesterday morning. I have no idea what I did. Could be stress, maybe I slept funny. I don't know, but it's still bothering me.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
27 Dec 2021, 6:42pm
matedog wrote:
Mimi wrote:
matedog wrote:

I worked with a guy who threw his back out sneezing. I was 21 at the time and thought he was old at 35.
I used to throw my back out bending over to make the bed, stepping off the curb, or shit like sneezing. But then I did hurt my back when I was 12. It's been so fun.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
matedog wrote:
Mimi wrote:
matedog wrote:

There was a Cub—Sosa, I think—who allegedly hurt his back or broke a rib while sneezing.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Dec 2021, 7:13pm
revbob wrote:
matedog wrote:
Mimi wrote:
matedog wrote:

There was a Cub—Sosa, I think—who allegedly hurt his back or broke a rib while sneezing.
It was Sosa. I remember when that happened.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble