Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 12:55pm
revbob wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 12:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 11:42am
revbob wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 11:06am
I want to believe that the 5 lbs Ive added in the past month is due to all the push ups I've been doing lately.

:angry: Im not fat!!! :angry:
Fine, you're "stout." :rolleyes:
I prefer husky.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 12:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I want to believe that the 5 lbs Ive added in the past month is due to all the push ups I've been doing lately.

I prefer husky.
The Boss' dad was "barrel chested."
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I prefer husky.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 2:09pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I prefer husky.
Im more on the thinner side of the spectrum so it tends to show f I add some poundage although Im tall so it spreads out a little more

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Muscle weighs more than fat - so if you want to keep your weight down, gain fat - not muscle!

This is so wrong and antithetical to my life's work - but, hey, we're kidding, right?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

gkbill wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 3:36pm
Hello,

Muscle weighs more than fat - so if you want to keep your weight down, gain fat - not muscle!

This is so wrong and antithetical to my life's work - but, hey, we're kidding, right?
So you seem to be agreeing that my recent weight gain is due to adding muscle mass and not from eating/drinking more than usual.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 3:44pm
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

So you seem to be agreeing that my recent weight gain is due to adding muscle mass and not from eating/drinking more than usual.
gkbill's Beer and Fudge Your Way to Fitness will be published by Random House this spring!
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

gkbill wrote:
Hello,

:lol:

I actually think I first learned about this little tidbit when watching that Morgan Spurlock documentary Super Size Me, where in one weigh-in he had lost a few points and the the doctor was like "ah, that's because you're losing all your muscle, pal."

I've read some pretty brutal takedowns of that movie over the years, but that little tidbit still sticks in my mind.

<humblebrag - really more of a regular brag - ahead alert>

When all is said and done I went to my gym 185 days this year - or more than half the year. Mostly doing HIIT type classes. I can attest that the gain more muscle/weigh more thing is real. I'm not a lean mean muscle machine or anything, but I think I'm in better shape overall when I was just running despite being a few pounds heavier than my average weight back then.

</humblebrag>
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 4:17pm
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

I actually think I first learned about this little tidbit when watching that Morgan Spurlock documentary Super Size Me, where in one weigh-in he had lost a few points and the the doctor was like "ah, that's because you're losing all your muscle, pal."

I've read some pretty brutal takedowns of that movie over the years, but that little tidbit still sticks in my mind.

When all is said and done I went to my gym 185 days this year - or more than half the year. Mostly doing HIIT type classes. I can attest that the gain more muscle/weigh more thing is real. I'm not a lean mean muscle machine or anything, but I think I'm in better shape overall when I was just running despite being a few pounds heavier than my average weight back then.

</humblebrag>
That's fantastic, Flex!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

</humblebrag>
I can add a little confirmation to this, as well. When I got my rowing machine, so I was working a different set of muscles than just riding or doing sit-ups, I gained 6 or 7 pounds in a few months that didn't seem to be flab.

(Also, good work, Flex!)

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

</humblebrag>
Excellent work, Flexo. I've found personally that (contrary to Fernando Lamas' proclamations) that it's better to feel good than look (or weigh) good. The mirror and my view downward from the top of my shoulders are misleading, so I try to remember that what really matters is how lithe I feel.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 6:00pm
Excellent work, Flexo. I've found personally that (contrary to Fernando Lamas' proclamations) that it's better to feel good than look (or weigh) good. The mirror and my view downward from the top of my shoulders are misleading, so I try to remember that what really matters is how lithe I feel.
I, too, believe the most important thing is how lithe you feel, Kory

(thanks gang, I'm always up for a back-pat to keep up the good work :mrgreen: )
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 6:03pm
Kory wrote:

I see Kory more as lissom, but we all salt to taste.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 6:38pm
Flex wrote:
Kory wrote:

I make my own salt.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 6:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 6:38pm
Flex wrote:
Kory wrote:

I make my own salt.
ladies.