Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by JennyB »

gkbill wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 11:52am
JennyB wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 9:35am
revbob wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 10:19pm
I made a great leaping play on a line drive over my head saving two runs but later missed a shoe string line drive to my right and that's all I can think about
If it makes you feel any better, I twisted my ankle last night while walking my dog. And not even on the hilly part of the walk. On my driveway. My flat driveway.
Hello,

The referee should have given the driveway a yellow card.
:mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Today is the last day of softball and we got the early game its in the 30s and windy but the sun is shining.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 10:38am
Today is the last day of softball and we got the early game its in the 30s and windy but the sun is shining.
Once the blood is moving, I love that kind of brisk weather. Cool air is easier to breathe and energizes better for me.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
30s? How in the hell do you run the bases in a parka? :mrgreen:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 10:57am
revbob wrote:
Once the blood is moving, I love that kind of brisk weather. Cool air is easier to breathe and energizes better for me.
It warmed into the 40s by game time and with the sun it was pretty nice. I was over dressed. My defense was solid but my hitting was shit.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 2:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
It warmed into the 40s by game time and with the sun it was pretty nice. I was over dressed. My defense was solid but my hitting was shit.
AKA late-inning replacement.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 3:26pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I laid out completely to catch a few errant throws st first. My foot just came off on one so the runner was safe. In the 2nd game I played LF made a few catches missed some harder ones despite me going againstmy no diving rule. I can honestly say its harder to play the OF with some beers in you than it is to play 1B.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 3:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 3:26pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I laid out completely to catch a few errant throws st first. My foot just came off on one so the runner was safe. In the 2nd game I played LF made a few catches missed some harder ones despite me going againstmy no diving rule. I can honestly say its harder to play the OF with some beers in you than it is to play 1B.
Babe Ruth snorts at this!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Got a nice late year ride in.

Here's my random playlist.
Wayne Kramer - Bad Seed
The Cramps - Dames, Booze, Chains and Boots
Tim Armstrong - East Bay Night
KMFDM - Brute
The Heartbreakers- Cant Keep My Eyes on You
Man or Astroman - Invasion of the Dragonmen
The Inciters - Can't Stand It
Fugazi - Turnover
The Interrupters - Title Holder
Tamar Kali - Long Way From...
Social Distprtion - Angel's Wings
Bad Religion - Sorrow
Rancid - Roots Radicals
Striknien DC - Today Smashes Down
Sarah Shook & the Disarmers - Make it up to Mama
Wynona Carr - Please Mr Jailer
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Ska Cubano - Cumbia En Do Menor

Took a beer break in between
20211111_152105.jpg
20211111_152027.jpg

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
11 Nov 2021, 5:48pm
Got a nice late year ride in.

Here's my random playlist.
Wayne Kramer - Bad Seed
The Cramps - Dames, Booze, Chains and Boots
Tim Armstrong - East Bay Night
KMFDM - Brute
The Heartbreakers- Cant Keep My Eyes on You
Man or Astroman - Invasion of the Dragonmen
The Inciters - Can't Stand It
Fugazi - Turnover
The Interrupters - Title Holder
Tamar Kali - Long Way From...
Social Distprtion - Angel's Wings
Bad Religion - Sorrow
Rancid - Roots Radicals
Striknien DC - Today Smashes Down
Sarah Shook & the Disarmers - Make it up to Mama
Wynona Carr - Please Mr Jailer
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Ska Cubano - Cumbia En Do Menor

Took a beer break in between
I like the look of the clouds / sky in your sunset pic. Almost looks like a storm is on the horizon.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Looking for co weather biking tips.

This is probably the first time Ive biked in cold weather since I was a kid. Initially I had a hard time with the cold air but eventually adjusted but my toes are really cold. Maybe better socks. Also looking for suggestions for something to make that initial cold air breathing more manageable. I did about 10 miles with a beer break in the middle and oddly enough my return ride was much better/stronger it was a pretty flat ride with no real wind

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 5:46pm

This is probably the first time Ive biked in cold weather since I was a kid. Initially I had a hard time with the cold air but eventually adjusted but my toes are really cold. Maybe better socks. Also looking for suggestions for something to make that initial cold air breathing more manageable. I did about 10 miles with a beer break in the middle and oddly enough my return ride was much better/stronger it was a pretty flat ride with no real wind
No first-hand advice, as I got off the road by mid-October each year. But, generally, layer your clothing, and if breathing cool air is an issue, some kind of cloth mask, like all the cool people have been wearing the past year or so, might help.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 6:02pm
revbob wrote:

No first-hand advice, as I got off the road by mid-October each year. But, generally, layer your clothing, and if breathing cool air is an issue, some kind of cloth mask, like all the cool people have been wearing the past year or so, might help.
Mask? That shit might fly in Canada but this is America.

I did the layering but either need 2 pairs of sox or better sox.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 6:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

A mask lets everyone know you’re an ultra left libtard who wants to have sex with Rachel Maddow’s dog!

Two pairs of socks is better than one thick pair. But if you can find some fleece hiking socks, that’d probably be decent. I wear alpaca socks, because I’m a dandy at heart, and they are super soft and very warm.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 6:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: