Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 2:20pm
revbob wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 1:35pm
Wolter wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 12:19pm
revbob wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 11:52am
Wolter wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 11:47am

Congratulations. That can be tough. It took me a long time to stabilize into just an occasional drinker, and I know for some that’s just not feasible.
Yeah and for me covid has made it harder. And last night was one of those nights.
Not gonna lie: legal marijuana in Illinois has probably saved me a wretched hangover at best and a blackout at worst a few times this winter.
Sadly not an option for me the wife would never go for it among other things.
For me it means only drinking for enjoyment not as stress relief, which I know doesn’t work but is still tempting.

Now if I’m having an especially shit day I’m more likely to take an edible and chill the heck out as compared to pouring booze down my throat until I feel physically terrible instead.
I haven't tried edibles. That might be the only way.

Also while legal in VT you cant actually buy nor sell it here.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 2:42pm
Wolter wrote:
revbob wrote:
Wolter wrote:
revbob wrote:

Yeah and for me covid has made it harder. And last night was one of those nights.
Not gonna lie: legal marijuana in Illinois has probably saved me a wretched hangover at best and a blackout at worst a few times this winter.
For me it means only drinking for enjoyment not as stress relief, which I know doesn’t work but is still tempting.

Now if I’m having an especially shit day I’m more likely to take an edible and chill the heck out as compared to pouring booze down my throat until I feel physically terrible instead.

It’s legal to sell here with a license. I live in a bougie enough suburb that we have a nice little store called The Greenhouse.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 2:51pm
revbob wrote:
Wolter wrote:
revbob wrote:
Wolter wrote:

It’s legal to sell here with a license. I live in a bougie enough suburb that we have a nice little store called The Greenhouse.
Such stores wont be around in VT for another year. We just had a ballot item on each town ballot where residents could approve or deny such a business opening up. Many places passed it but another year fuck it frustrates me how progressive yet backwards at times

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 2:54pm
Wolter wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 2:51pm
revbob wrote:
Wolter wrote:
revbob wrote:

Such stores wont be around in VT for another year. We just had a ballot item on each town ballot where residents could approve or deny such a business opening up. Many places passed it but another year fuck it frustrates me how progressive yet backwards at times
People are definitely weird and uptight about it in some capacity here, but it does good business and the area it’s in is nowhere near residential zoning so no one can really bitch about spurious increased crime rates.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:
revbob wrote:
Wolter wrote:
revbob wrote:
Wolter wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 11:47am

Congratulations. That can be tough. It took me a long time to stabilize into just an occasional drinker, and I know for some that’s just not feasible.

Oof, I took my first edible a few months ago and hopped on a Zoom friend call. I found out I took a double dose and became a laughing moron on the call. I couldn't stop obsessing over this dunk:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

BitterTom wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 10:07am
6 weeks off the booze today, stopped for 2 reasons, baby is due soon and 10 years of fairly heavy drinking took its toll on my mental health. Anxiety was terrible and though I can't admit I'm cured, I'm 100% sure stopping has had a positive impact. First couple of weeks I really missed chilling out with a few beers in the evening though it's got easier and easier with time.
Glad to hear Tom. Stay healthy and do what you gotta do.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

BitterTom wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 10:07am
6 weeks off the booze today, stopped for 2 reasons, baby is due soon and 10 years of fairly heavy drinking took its toll on my mental health. Anxiety was terrible and though I can't admit I'm cured, I'm 100% sure stopping has had a positive impact. First couple of weeks I really missed chilling out with a few beers in the evening though it's got easier and easier with time.
Good to hear. I went through something similar and it was not easy, but it really does get easier with time. Keep it up, my friend!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Kids wanted to stop at White Castle last weekend and against my better judgement we stopped. While I don't mind their food (not that it's anywhere close to being good), my body no longer tolerates it like it once did. I felt rotten for the next 24 hours.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 5:20pm
Burger and fries after my colonoscopy. First thing in 2 days.
We're about the same age. May ask why you got one, and why you didn't eat for 2 days?

Myself, I'm been, uh, let's say NOT going to the bathroom for several weeks now. Metamucil worked for a few days but it then it didn't.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

if I'm going to get medical advice off the internet, it better come from someone who likes the same music as me.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

tepista wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 6:30pm
if I'm going to get medical advice off the internet, it better come from someone who likes the same music as me.
Dr. Feelgood?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I like eating weed and I am due for a colonoscopy (age and heritage) but the prospect is horrifying.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 10:36pm
I like eating weed and I am due for a colonoscopy (age and heritage) but the prospect is horrifying.
Honestly the worst part for me was not eating for about 2 days.

2nd worst part was the constant trips to the shitter from the gallon of colon cleaner you drink that eventually makes you pee out your ass.

The part where you get the endo up your ass aint nothing, you're drugged, pain free and asleep most of the time.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

revbob wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 11:05pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 10:36pm
Honestly the worst part for me was not eating for about 2 days.

2nd worst part was the constant trips to the shitter from the gallon of colon cleaner you drink that eventually makes you pee out your ass.

The part where you get the endo up your ass aint nothing, you're drugged, pain free and asleep most of the time.
Hello,

I recall not eating the day before mine. I did have to drink a lot of special stuff - mineral-y kind of water. As for the event itself, as Revbob said above, you'll sleep through it. You will need someone to drive you home. All in all, not a big deal.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

i'll get in on that colon cleanse stuff, where is it, amazon?
Attachments
dennis.gif