Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 7:59pm
BitterTom wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 4:28pm
Back has gone again, absolute agony but can't afford to lose more time off from work. Shit.
Hang on, you're not middle aged or fat.

Get well soon mate.
I feel it and look it but thank you mate!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I took the kids out for a hike yesterday. It had rained the night before and the trails along the Milwaukee River were slick. I took an ill advised shortcut and ended up slipping in the mud, falling hard on my side, and messing up my ribs. Moderate strain of the intercostal muscles on my right side. I spent the rest of yesterday in bed. Somewhat better today, but sitting up or down or having to bend in any way that puts force on my rib cage is absolutely painful.

I've lived an active life and spend a lot of time outdoors. I've taken more than my share of spills, some of them quite nasty. This is the first time I've actually caused any lasting damage. I chalk it up to being 43 and not quite so resilient.

Extra sucky because today was a beautiful day and instead of being outside I've been confined to the couch.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

WestwayKid wrote:
15 May 2020, 6:04pm
I took the kids out for a hike yesterday. It had rained the night before and the trails along the Milwaukee River were slick. I took an ill advised shortcut and ended up slipping in the mud, falling hard on my side, and messing up my ribs. Moderate strain of the intercostal muscles on my right side. I spent the rest of yesterday in bed. Somewhat better today, but sitting up or down or having to bend in any way that puts force on my rib cage is absolutely painful.

I've lived an active life and spend a lot of time outdoors. I've taken more than my share of spills, some of them quite nasty. This is the first time I've actually caused any lasting damage. I chalk it up to being 43 and not quite so resilient.

Extra sucky because today was a beautiful day and instead of being outside I've been confined to the couch.
Take drugs plenty of them. I’d also recommend maximum sustained Panadol use 4 times daily works as well as any.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
15 May 2020, 6:04pm

Yup, yer old, dude. Sorry, but welcome to the club.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I threw my back out and was bedridden for 4 days! I read causes, they included overweight, lack of excerise, bad diet, and like 3 other things I do also.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 6:17pm
I threw my back out and was bedridden for 4 days! I read causes, they included overweight, lack of excerise, bad diet, and like 3 other things I do also.
Don't feel bad—I'm not overweight and exercise a lot, but my lower back is always sore.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 6:36pm
tepista wrote:
Don't feel bad—I'm not overweight and exercise a lot, but my lower back is always sore.
haha, a few years ago my boss told me a guy my age dropped dead during excercize at age 48 or whatever, and I said "That won't happen to me, I don't exercize!'

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 6:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
haha, a few years ago my boss told me a guy my age dropped dead during excercize at age 48 or whatever, and I said "That won't happen to me, I don't exercize!'
I've actually thought about that. I get my heart a-pounding for a good 40 mins each day. Am I actually setting up to explode one day?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 6:47pm
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
I've actually thought about that. I get my heart a-pounding for a good 40 mins each day. Am I actually setting up to explode one day?
Its a well known fact your heart has a finite number of beats programmed in it at birth. YMMV. :shifty:

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 7:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Its a well known fact your heart has a finite number of beats programmed in it at birth. YMMV. :shifty:
Don’t all hearts have the same number of beats?
So if you are a mouse it goes pretty fast and runs out quick but if if you are a tortoise it beats much slower.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 7:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Damn, I really shoulda stayed in bed for the last fifty years,

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I was actually joking.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 8:02pm
I was actually joking.
I wasn't. :disshame:

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

tepista wrote:
Small world. I've mostly been in bed for the past two days after tweaking my lower back while tying my shoelaces. I know I should drop some pounds, exercise more, and eat better but I think I'll buy a pair of slippers instead.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

JoseUnidos wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 8:42pm
tepista wrote:
Small world. I've mostly been in bed for the past two days after tweaking my lower back while tying my shoelaces. I know I should drop some pounds, exercise more, and eat better but I think I'll buy a pair of slippers instead.
shoelaces are my sworn enemy