Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Sparky wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 6:54pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 6:47pm
Kory wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 5:01pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 1:52pm
I am going in a different direction than Flex and embracing the bad juju stuff like obsessive exercise and calorie counting.
It works! Also, switch to wine and make beer an occasional treat. You still get to get plastered that way.
There are tons of little tricks!

87CBB659-E61D-424F-95CB-E4991E43740D.jpeg
Now that's a surprise! I have a sports watch I use to monitor my health & fitness, but I've been too lazy to input my estimated calorie intake, may have to try to start doing so after seeing that.
I’m not militant about restricting myself. However, the app has helped me assign better values to what I take. Bad decisions that are ultimately unsatisfying are illustrated a little better.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 6:47pm
Kory wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 5:01pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 1:52pm
I am going in a different direction than Flex and embracing the bad juju stuff like obsessive exercise and calorie counting.
It works! Also, switch to wine and make beer an occasional treat. You still get to get plastered that way.
There are tons of little tricks!

87CBB659-E61D-424F-95CB-E4991E43740D.jpeg
Ah yes the sausage diet.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

This is the Middle age health thread so I'm reminding all you old age punks to get a colonoscopy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

coffeepotman wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 10:34am
This is the Middle age health thread so I'm reminding all you old age punks to get a colonoscopy
Got mine a little over a year ago, it was a real treat. I might even have some pics if anyone is interested. :shifty:

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

coffeepotman wrote:
Been there, done that, it's the prep for it that's brutal, I slept through the procedure.

Lucky me, it's been a few years and I'm due again, just got the authorization to schedule it.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Sparky wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 12:56pm
coffeepotman wrote:
Been there, done that, it's the prep for it that's brutal, I slept through the procedure.

Lucky me, it's been a few years and I'm due again, just got the authorization to schedule it.
I have to get them annually so I've learned how to do the prep and it's really easy, just don't gorge yourself for your "last meal".

I wrote that because I just had mine done and they found a rare form of cancer, got me totally freaked out and I need more testing and then surgery. A friend of mine who is in his 50's never went to the doctor and started having troubles, he died a few weeks later from colon cancer.

It's also the best 30 minute nap you'll ever have!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

coffeepotman wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 8:32am
Sparky wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:

I have to get them annually so I've learned how to do the prep and it's really easy, just don't gorge yourself for your "last meal".

I wrote that because I just had mine done and they found a rare form of cancer, got me totally freaked out and I need more testing and then surgery. A friend of mine who is in his 50's never went to the doctor and started having troubles, he died a few weeks later from colon cancer.

Sorry to hear about the cancer, hopefully it was found early enough that the can remove and treat it, keep us posted.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

coffeepotman wrote:
Absolutely! VH is a colon cancer survivor, so I am a big proponent of them. And I love that two seconds of propophol (sp?)! I'm so sorry about your friend.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

coffeepotman wrote:
Sparky wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:

Best wishes & positive vibes coming your way.

I'm due for my 1st one this year (turned the big 4-5 in January). Just waiting for the scheduling department to call me and I'll get something on the books. As someone who struggles with anxiety, the prospect of getting it done terrifies me, but I know it's the right thing to do.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

WestwayKid wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 12:34pm
coffeepotman wrote:
Sparky wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:

I'm due for my 1st one this year (turned the big 4-5 in January). Just waiting for the scheduling department to call me and I'll get something on the books. As someone who struggles with anxiety, the prospect of getting it done terrifies me, but I know it's the right thing to do.
I also struggle with anxiety but it is the right thing to do and it's really nothing, you are out cold in dreamland.
People say the prep is the worst but it really isn't that bad...and believe me when they roll you in to the surgical suite they usually have music playing, ask for S! to keep your nerves down. When you wake up you will have no clue what they just did.

Good luck my friend hope it all turns out fine and then you can wait 5 years for your next one.

I always insist that the anesthesiologist lets me count down from when they push the med in, I start at 10 and am usually out by 5, sometimes it's a little longer depending on how fast they push the meds in.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

coffeepotman wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 12:42pm
WestwayKid wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
Sparky wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:

I also struggle with anxiety but it is the right thing to do and it's really nothing, you are out cold in dreamland.
People say the prep is the worst but it really isn't that bad...and believe me when they roll you in to the surgical suite they usually have music playing, ask for S! to keep your nerves down. When you wake up you will have no clue what they just did.

Good luck my friend hope it all turns out fine and then you can wait 5 years for your next one.

I always insist that the anesthesiologist lets me count down from when they push the med in, I start at 10 and am usually out by 5, sometimes it's a little longer depending on how fast they push the meds in.
Thanks for the advice on the procedure... it helps.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

WestwayKid wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 1:09pm
coffeepotman wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
Sparky wrote:

The procedure itself is no big whoop, I echo those who have said the prep is the worst. That stuff they have you drink to clean you out is like a gallon of semen.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Kory wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 2:50pm
WestwayKid wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:

The procedure itself is no big whoop, I echo those who have said the prep is the worst. That stuff they have you drink to clean you out is like a gallon of semen.
Hello,

I'm not sure what a gallon of semen tastes like. For mine, I had to drink a lot of watery drinks. The result was, as the expression goes, "pissing out your asshole".

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

gkbill wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 3:04pm
Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Hello,

I'm not sure what a gallon of semen tastes like. For mine, I had to drink a lot of watery drinks. The result was, as the expression goes, "pissing out your asshole".
Salty and thick
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:

I'm in the process of scheduling my next one, my doctor said they have a new prep liquid you can drink, 5 oz day before, 5 oz day of or 5 pills day before and 5 day of. I'm going to opt for the 5 / 5 liquid this time.