Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 9:22pm
revbob wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 8:18pm
tepista wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 8:12pm

I think he's old enough now that you can pay back that nutshot! "Hey junior! You probably don't remember this, but...."
Yeah... cone to think of it...
A buddy of mine's father actually did something like this. At the will reading, an uncontentious even split between my buddy and his siblings, each child received deductions for their crimes, "Danny, minus $1200 for 1989 fender bender in my Mercury Cougar. "Paul, minus $3000 for damage to the roof and skylight above the family room when you were sneaking back into the house in 1992.", and so on. If I remember correctly there were deductions totaling $15000 which had to be donated to Audubon Society of Massachusetts.
Yeah I like this.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

revbob wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 5:17pm
BitterTom wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 4:52pm
Haven't felt right the last week, abdominal pains. Again. After terrifying myself about what Dr Google told me I finally got the guts (pun intended) to phone the real doctors, sent me to A&E. Thankfully bloods came back fine, though the diagnosis was either gall or kidney stones. It ain't pleasant, feels like a hefty punch that completely knocks the wind out.
Never had kidney stones but gall stones are hellish. The attacks can come and go. I finally had to go to the hospital and have the damn gallbladder removed. The attacks were like being stabbed in the guts. I got up in the middle of the night in pain, went downstairs and then dropped to the floor in a ball. I eventually crawled upstairs so my wife could take me to the hospital.
Had an ultrasound the other day, though I don't have gall/kidney stones, I have a 4mm polyp on my gallbladder. It may be small but any pressure in that area and it bloody lets me know. Can't get the gallbladder removed till the polyp grows to 1cm. Next appointment is in a year's time...

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Just caught up on this thread. Good luck to everyone with their health woes.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BitterTom wrote:
13 Nov 2020, 7:36pm
revbob wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Haven't felt right the last week, abdominal pains. Again. After terrifying myself about what Dr Google told me I finally got the guts (pun intended) to phone the real doctors, sent me to A&E. Thankfully bloods came back fine, though the diagnosis was either gall or kidney stones. It ain't pleasant, feels like a hefty punch that completely knocks the wind out.
Never had kidney stones but gall stones are hellish. The attacks can come and go. I finally had to go to the hospital and have the damn gallbladder removed. The attacks were like being stabbed in the guts. I got up in the middle of the night in pain, went downstairs and then dropped to the floor in a ball. I eventually crawled upstairs so my wife could take me to the hospital.
Had an ultrasound the other day, though I don't have gall/kidney stones, I have a 4mm polyp on my gallbladder. It may be small but any pressure in that area and it bloody lets me know. Can't get the gallbladder removed till the polyp grows to 1cm. Next appointment is in a year's time...
Ay-yi-yi. So you have to endure this for a year? Is there nothing they can prescribe to alleviate the pain?
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Nov 2020, 8:26pm
BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Ay-yi-yi. So you have to endure this for a year? Is there nothing they can prescribe to alleviate the pain?
May I introduce you to the opioid problem here in the states?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
13 Nov 2020, 9:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
May I introduce you to the opioid problem here in the states?
Yeah, but the UK is, like, fancier.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
It's my understanding you have to pee out jagged stone pieces out of your dick, so congrats on not having that, and there's very few people on earth I would wish that upon.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Oh yuck. Are they concerned about it? Testing it? I don't know how gallbladders work.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

tepista wrote:
13 Nov 2020, 10:53pm
BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
It's my understanding you have to pee out jagged stone pieces out of your dick, so congrats on not having that, and there's very few people on earth I would wish that upon.
My mother had six kids and said the kidney stone was more painful than childbirth.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Just paracetamol and watching what I eat/drink. To be fair, the pain has eased a little though don't really want to spend a year panicking over knocking my side ever so slightly.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Mimi wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 9:30am
BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Oh yuck. Are they concerned about it? Testing it? I don't know how gallbladders work.
Though it's a growth, they're not too concerned unless the pain gets worse indicating it's getting larger. As for testing, just another ultrasound in a year's time.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

BitterTom wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 11:40am
Mimi wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 9:30am
BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Though it's a growth, they're not too concerned unless the pain gets worse indicating it's getting larger. As for testing, just another ultrasound in a year's time.
Take it easy mate. All the best.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

tepista wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Hendrix had this problem and it inspired him to write Stone Free after his op. :shifty:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 2:31pm
tepista wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Hendrix had this problem and it inspired him to write Stone Free after his op. :shifty:
And Neil Diamond's "Love on the Rocks"
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

tepista wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 6:35pm
Marky Dread wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 2:31pm
tepista wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:

And Neil Diamond's "Love on the Rocks"
Ain't no surprise. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia