Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by JennyB »

gkbill wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 12:34pm
Marky Dread wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 12:20pm
JennyB wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 3:55pm
I went to get my annual mammogram today, and this is the first year they haven't asked if I could possibly be pregnant. I mean, I get it. I'm 49. But couldn't you have just taken two seconds and asked, and then I could respond with a wink "oh ho, that ship sailed LONG ago." And that would have made my day. But nooooooooo.
Hey everyone have you heard? JennyB might be pregnant!

Well apparently it's possibly by a sailor who lived long ago.

You just can't trust gossip anymore. ;)
Hello,

Nice. :lol:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

6 weeks off the booze today, stopped for 2 reasons, baby is due soon and 10 years of fairly heavy drinking took its toll on my mental health. Anxiety was terrible and though I can't admit I'm cured, I'm 100% sure stopping has had a positive impact. First couple of weeks I really missed chilling out with a few beers in the evening though it's got easier and easier with time.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 10:07am
6 weeks off the booze today, stopped for 2 reasons, baby is due soon and 10 years of fairly heavy drinking took its toll on my mental health. Anxiety was terrible and though I can't admit I'm cured, I'm 100% sure stopping has had a positive impact. First couple of weeks I really missed chilling out with a few beers in the evening though it's got easier and easier with time.
Great to hear Tom.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BitterTom wrote:
Good work, man—that's serious-ass self-improvement. Now, about some of your music tastes …
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

BitterTom wrote:
Great job. I'm sure it's not easy. You should be proud.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

BitterTom wrote:
Congratulations. That can be tough. It took me a long time to stabilize into just an occasional drinker, and I know for some that’s just not feasible.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 11:47am
BitterTom wrote:
Congratulations. That can be tough. It took me a long time to stabilize into just an occasional drinker, and I know for some that’s just not feasible.
Yeah and for me covid has made it harder. And last night was one of those nights.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 11:52am
Wolter wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Yeah and for me covid has made it harder. And last night was one of those nights.
Not gonna lie: legal marijuana in Illinois has probably saved me a wretched hangover at best and a blackout at worst a few times this winter.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Wolter wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 12:19pm
revbob wrote:
Wolter wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Not gonna lie: legal marijuana in Illinois has probably saved me a wretched hangover at best and a blackout at worst a few times this winter.
Yes, switching from the beer and whiskey to the weed has probably saved my marriage and maybe my life.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Thanks all :approve:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 10:41am

Good work, man—that's serious-ass self-improvement. Now, about some of your music tastes …
Fighting a losing battle sorry. To every 1 Beatles, there's 2 REO Speedwagons.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BitterTom wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 1:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

What if I guaranteed you even greater happiness by foregoing the Speedwagon?

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 1:01pm
BitterTom wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Please convince my brother of this, too. He is an unlikely fan.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 1:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 1:01pm
BitterTom wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Please convince my brother of this, too. He is an unlikely fan.
There's an outtake from the original Office, where Tim is expressing his bafflement and outrage that given all the music available to listen to, Gareth's favourite band is Mike and the Mechanics. I come back to that whenever people express fandom for utter mediocrities.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
revbob wrote:
Wolter wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Sadly not an option for me the wife would never go for it among other things.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 1:35pm
Wolter wrote:
revbob wrote:
Wolter wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Sadly not an option for me the wife would never go for it among other things.
For me it means only drinking for enjoyment not as stress relief, which I know doesn’t work but is still tempting.

Now if I’m having an especially shit day I’m more likely to take an edible and chill the heck out as compared to pouring booze down my throat until I feel physically terrible instead.