Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by JennyB »

Marky Dread wrote:
20 May 2021, 10:57am
JennyB wrote:
20 May 2021, 10:43am
So, fortunately, I didn't gain any weight while working from home because I had the time to walk Scout like three miles a day. Now that I am back at work, I don't have the time to walk her that much. I can still walk her in the evening, but I'm so tired by then that I just don't have it in me to walk as far.

I've recently started ice skating. VH, Jr. wants to play hockey, so I have been going with him twice a week to the rink and it's surprisingly good exercise. And it's fun.
You're a top mum JB.
Thanks, MD. He's a good kid. To be honest, I hope this hockey thing doesn't go too far. Hockey parents are nuts.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
20 May 2021, 11:01am
Marky Dread wrote:
JennyB wrote:
So, fortunately, I didn't gain any weight while working from home because I had the time to walk Scout like three miles a day. Now that I am back at work, I don't have the time to walk her that much. I can still walk her in the evening, but I'm so tired by then that I just don't have it in me to walk as far.

I've recently started ice skating. VH, Jr. wants to play hockey, so I have been going with him twice a week to the rink and it's surprisingly good exercise. And it's fun.
You're a top mum JB.
Thanks, MD. He's a good kid. To be honest, I hope this hockey thing doesn't go too far. Hockey parents are nuts.
I love seeing him on FB. He seems a real happy little guy. So yeah great work lady.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
JennyB wrote:

You're a top mum JB.
All organized sports parents are awful, tho hockey might be worse because the gear costs more and practices are at, like, 4 am. That investment creates insane demands on return. Raise your kid to be a loner and preserve your sanity. :shifty:

But good for you for taking up skating. I was never any good at it—didn't develop the requisite balance or coordination. A shame because skating on the canal here in Ottawa looks like so much fun. One of our deans regularly skates from home to work in the winter, which is really neat in concept.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Ali seemed shocked when she learned a few years ago that I’ve never been ice skating in my life. I asked her “where would I have done this in coastal South Carolina in the 80s when I was a kid?”
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
20 May 2021, 11:29am
Ali seemed shocked when she learned a few years ago that I’ve never been ice skating in my life. I asked her “where would I have done this in coastal South Carolina in the 80s when I was a kid?”
:mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 May 2021, 11:12am
JennyB wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
JennyB wrote:

You're a top mum JB.
All organized sports parents are awful, tho hockey might be worse because the gear costs more and practices are at, like, 4 am. That investment creates insane demands on return. Raise your kid to be a loner and preserve your sanity. :shifty:

But good for you for taking up skating. I was never any good at it—didn't develop the requisite balance or coordination. A shame because skating on the canal here in Ottawa looks like so much fun. One of our deans regularly skates from home to work in the winter, which is really neat in concept.
I don't know if I would want to live in a place where skating to work is a possibility.
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Marky Dread wrote:
20 May 2021, 11:03am
JennyB wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
JennyB wrote:

You're a top mum JB.
I love seeing him on FB. He seems a real happy little guy. So yeah great work lady.
:kiss:
Got a Rake? Sure!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Yeah I never encouraged my kids to play hockey and they never developed the interest. And I know enough hockey parents to confirm they are awful.

Skating is great. I almost went this winter when outside places started freezing over.

Doc, it really is fairly easy to learn. You dont need to be Michelle Kwan.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

JennyB wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
JennyB wrote:

You're a top mum JB.
Hello,

Hockey is a great sport/physical activity. If you play it right, it's a very fun lifetime sport (and I'm not Canadian - just to be clear).

Hockey parents are crazy but no crazier than soccer parents (there's a reason why soccer mom is a cliché). Youth sport has become an big industry. Keep your perspective and don't withdraw your kid because of other parents - sport provides too many mental health benefits beyond the physical benefits. Given what I've learned of you from this board, you'll keep him grounded.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
20 May 2021, 12:23pm
Doc, it really is fairly easy to learn. You dont need to be Michelle Kwan.
I'm too old to learn (read: endure the embarrassment of regularly teetering and falling on my ass).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A friend of mine played organized hockey throughout his youth. He was proud that his dad was permanently banned from all the rinks in town for being abusive to the refs and coaches. Like, seriously proud.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

gkbill wrote:
20 May 2021, 12:59pm
JennyB wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
JennyB wrote:

You're a top mum JB.
Hello,

Hockey is a great sport/physical activity. If you play it right, it's a very fun lifetime sport (and I'm not Canadian - just to be clear).

Hockey parents are crazy but no crazier than soccer parents (there's a reason why soccer mom is a cliché). Youth sport has become an big industry. Keep your perspective and don't withdraw your kid because of other parents - sport provides too many mental health benefits beyond the physical benefits. Given what I've learned of you from this board, you'll keep him grounded.
Thank you - I appreciate that. I won't withdraw him unless he decides to stop. He is having too much fun. :)
Got a Rake? Sure!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

1st softball game of the season. Our team was killing it. Im back hitting like my old self.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
25 May 2021, 8:59pm
1st softball game of the season. Our team was killing it. Im back hitting like my old self.
You're Albert Pujols!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
25 May 2021, 9:41pm
revbob wrote:
25 May 2021, 8:59pm
You're Albert Pujols!
I did have one HR. Hit for the cycle .