Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 2:30pm
Kory wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 2:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 2:15pm
Kory wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 2:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 2:02pm

Maybe look into some super heavy duty mouthwash first. Go to your dentist and try to buy some from them. I can't recall the brand, but after I had some work done this spring I was prescribed this super shit that would go after infections.
I'm going to do a saltwater rinse today, but I'm expecting a fair bill at the dentist. I haven't been in about 3 years.
Ah, yeah. I went thru that, which led to multiple appointments scraping shit from the gumline. Pricey and uncomfortable. Since then, I do cleanings every four months. Ounce of prevention and all that.
I've been through that too. I'm kind of hoping that since I brush and floss every day that this is more the product of my constant teeth grinding, which mostly centers around the current site of bleeding.
I'm diligent with brushing, flossing (well, I use a proxabrush, which is like a pipe cleaner between the teeth), and mouthwash, but every once in a while some kind of minor infection happens. But then I've always had trouble with my teeth. I hated dentists for so long when they'd scold me. Fuck, man, I'm doing all I can here. Even the hygienists who do my cleaning, depending on who I get, I'm either told I'm doing great or I'm delinquent. Complete crapshoot.
Yeah that's my experience too. Some hygienists seem really aggressive and some are more whiz bang.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 6:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 2:07pm

I'm going to do a saltwater rinse today, but I'm expecting a fair bill at the dentist. I haven't been in about 3 years.
Ah, yeah. I went thru that, which led to multiple appointments scraping shit from the gumline. Pricey and uncomfortable. Since then, I do cleanings every four months. Ounce of prevention and all that.
I've been through that too. I'm kind of hoping that since I brush and floss every day that this is more the product of my constant teeth grinding, which mostly centers around the current site of bleeding.
I'm diligent with brushing, flossing (well, I use a proxabrush, which is like a pipe cleaner between the teeth), and mouthwash, but every once in a while some kind of minor infection happens. But then I've always had trouble with my teeth. I hated dentists for so long when they'd scold me. Fuck, man, I'm doing all I can here. Even the hygienists who do my cleaning, depending on who I get, I'm either told I'm doing great or I'm delinquent. Complete crapshoot.
Yeah that's my experience too. Some hygienists seem really aggressive and some are more whiz bang.
Age seems a big determinant. Older hygienists are more critical than the younger ones. Perhaps it's a confidence/experience issue or how an age gap plays out. But I am glad when I get a young woman because I'm going to escape without a lecture.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 7:01pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Age seems a big determinant. Older hygienists are more critical than the younger ones. Perhaps it's a confidence/experience issue or how an age gap plays out. But I am glad when I get a young woman because I'm going to escape without a lecture.
The last one gave me a severe dressing down. The dentist came in, and told me me teeth looked great keep doing what Im doing. I don't know what to think.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 7:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 7:01pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

The last one gave me a severe dressing down. The dentist came in, and told me me teeth looked great keep doing what Im doing. I don't know what to think.
Always go with the compliment.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

20.6 pounds until I can get a pastrami sandwich.
Attachments
06E63BE5-38E5-44EB-86D8-C084716538E2.jpeg

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 11:03pm
Nice work fatty.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 11:10pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Nice work fatty.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Turkey pastrami - it's a miracle!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 11:40pm
revbob wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 11:10pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Nice work fatty.
That place rules, I always hit it when I’m in town.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Just played a double header and Im spent and fucking sore.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 3:48pm
Is this what the kids are calling DP now?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 2:50pm
revbob wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 3:48pm
Is this what the kids are calling DP now?
That's certainly one explanation.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Had a colonoscopy today, feeling pretty run down right now, think I just need to get some food in me and a good nights sleep. It had been 10 years since my last one, fortunately everything checked out as normal. Awkward topic, but it's important to pay attention to this kind of stuff, I lost a friend quite suddenly a few years back due to prostate & colon cancer. Sucks.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 8:29pm
Had a colonoscopy today, feeling pretty run down right now, think I just need to get some food in me and a good nights sleep. It had been 10 years since my last one, fortunately everything checked out as normal. Awkward topic, but it's important to pay attention to this kind of stuff, I lost a friend quite suddenly a few years back due to prostate & colon cancer. Sucks.
Yeah, again for me the worst part was the prep/running to the shitter every few minutes. The process was like we're gonna do this followed be waking up. Any yeah I stopped for a burger and fries on the way home. Thankfully my daughter picked me up my wife wanted me to eat a salad after pfffft!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 8:54pm
Sparky wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 8:29pm
Yeah, again for me the worst part was the prep/running to the shitter every few minutes. The process was like we're gonna do this followed be waking up. Any yeah I stopped for a burger and fries on the way home. Thankfully my daughter picked me up my wife wanted me to eat a salad after pfffft!
I agree, prep is worse than the procedure, I had to drink the stuff plus 11 cups of water after 5 pm, so even after my insides were cleaned out, I was still up most the night pissing. Just ate some salmon and potato salad, very tempted to eat some ice cream I found in the freezer, but I don't want to push my luck.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung