Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by coffeepotman »

Sparky wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 9:09pm
revbob wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 8:54pm
Sparky wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 8:29pm
Had a colonoscopy today, feeling pretty run down right now, think I just need to get some food in me and a good nights sleep. It had been 10 years since my last one, fortunately everything checked out as normal. Awkward topic, but it's important to pay attention to this kind of stuff, I lost a friend quite suddenly a few years back due to prostate & colon cancer. Sucks.
Yeah, again for me the worst part was the prep/running to the shitter every few minutes. The process was like we're gonna do this followed be waking up. Any yeah I stopped for a burger and fries on the way home. Thankfully my daughter picked me up my wife wanted me to eat a salad after pfffft!
I agree, prep is worse than the procedure, I had to drink the stuff plus 11 cups of water after 5 pm, so even after my insides were cleaned out, I was still up most the night pissing. Just ate some salmon and potato salad, very tempted to eat some ice cream I found in the freezer, but I don't want to push my luck.
Hope all your results come back normal....as for the prep, it's not so bad, as for the procedure, it's a wonderful little nap. No big deal

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Do you guys recommend getting the procedure done closer to home? I'm searching for a good gi doc and locally they suck. The one I'm looking at is about 50 miles away.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 7:46am
Do you guys recommend getting the procedure done closer to home? I'm searching for a good gi doc and locally they suck. The one I'm looking at is about 50 miles away.
I had it done at the hospital that's local to me. You definitely want someone to drive you home. Be closer to home is nice if you just want to crawl in bed after.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 7:53am
Mimi wrote:
I had it done at the hospital that's local to me. You definitely want someone to drive you home. Be closer to home is nice if you just want to crawl in bed after.
I usually fall asleep on long drives so I'm not worried about that. I just don't want to shit my pants on the way to or fro.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 8:00am
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I usually fall asleep on long drives so I'm not worried about that. I just don't want to shit my pants on the way to or fro.
Umm it probably comes down to timing but I was completely empty on my way there and back nothing left to come out

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 8:00am
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Most doctors require you to have a driver to get you home due to the anesthetic. You don't need to worry about crapping yourself on the way there, your system will be empty and clean as a whistle hours before your procedure begins, the prep they have you take ensures that part.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

coffeepotman wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 7:36am
Sparky wrote:
revbob wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Had a colonoscopy today, feeling pretty run down right now, think I just need to get some food in me and a good nights sleep. It had been 10 years since my last one, fortunately everything checked out as normal. Awkward topic, but it's important to pay attention to this kind of stuff, I lost a friend quite suddenly a few years back due to prostate & colon cancer. Sucks.
Yeah, again for me the worst part was the prep/running to the shitter every few minutes. The process was like we're gonna do this followed be waking up. Any yeah I stopped for a burger and fries on the way home. Thankfully my daughter picked me up my wife wanted me to eat a salad after pfffft!
I agree, prep is worse than the procedure, I had to drink the stuff plus 11 cups of water after 5 pm, so even after my insides were cleaned out, I was still up most the night pissing. Just ate some salmon and potato salad, very tempted to eat some ice cream I found in the freezer, but I don't want to push my luck.
Hope all your results come back normal....as for the prep, it's not so bad, as for the procedure, it's a wonderful little nap. No big deal
Thank you, yes, got the results, everything looks good, no biopsies this time around.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

That's what I thought.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

That's great news!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
Trust your instinct with your doc. You don't want a bad GI doc. If you have someone who is willing to drive you 50 miles to the procedure, that's a small price to pay.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Sparky wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 8:38am
coffeepotman wrote:
Sparky wrote:
revbob wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Thank you, yes, got the results, everything looks good, no biopsies this time around.
Whoo hoo! That's great!
Got a Rake? Sure!

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Sparky wrote:
USA! USA! USA!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Sparky wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
Sparky wrote:
revbob wrote:
Sparky wrote:
I have my first one scheduled one month from yesterday.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 10:35am
Mimi wrote:
Trust your instinct with your doc. You don't want a bad GI doc. If you have someone who is willing to drive you 50 miles to the procedure, that's a small price to pay.
Oh, I am, but thanks for the reassurance. The problem is the whole medical community where I live. They're owned by a group and...well, they're awful.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 10:43am
JennyB wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 10:35am
Mimi wrote:
Oh, I am, but thanks for the reassurance. The problem is the whole medical community where I live. They're owned by a group and...well, they're awful.
UGH
Got a Rake? Sure!