Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I miss doing cocaine off of tits, drinking a 750 of rum, staying up until 4:30 AM and being ready to do it all again when I woke up at 2 in the afternoon.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 10:00pm
I miss doing cocaine off of tits, drinking a 750 of rum, staying up until 4:30 AM and being ready to do it all again when I woke up at 2 in the afternoon.
Yeah I miss being 16 also.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I miss not getting hangovers

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Kory wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 7:05pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 4:11pm
JennyB wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 3:52pm
Thanks, all. I'm going to try massage first. I'll see how it goes from there!
Do you get it from your arm splayed out on the desk moving a mouse around? That's what did it to me. I cured it a few ways. When I am sitting at a desk I rest my arm on a ream of paper. By raising my arm up a little it keeps me from slouching and putting too much pressure on the nerve (Ulna nerve I think). The other thing I have done which has greatly helped is to get an adjustable desk. Mine has a crank to raise and lower it. I really like standing while I do computer work.
I've had good luck giving up the mouse and using a pen tablet instead, it's a more natural position for the wrist to be in. And then if that starts getting repetitive stress issues, you can go back and forth so you're not doing any one thing too much.
Any recommendations?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Mimi wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 8:01am
Kory wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 7:05pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 4:11pm
JennyB wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 3:52pm
Thanks, all. I'm going to try massage first. I'll see how it goes from there!
Do you get it from your arm splayed out on the desk moving a mouse around? That's what did it to me. I cured it a few ways. When I am sitting at a desk I rest my arm on a ream of paper. By raising my arm up a little it keeps me from slouching and putting too much pressure on the nerve (Ulna nerve I think). The other thing I have done which has greatly helped is to get an adjustable desk. Mine has a crank to raise and lower it. I really like standing while I do computer work.
I've had good luck giving up the mouse and using a pen tablet instead, it's a more natural position for the wrist to be in. And then if that starts getting repetitive stress issues, you can go back and forth so you're not doing any one thing too much.
Any recommendations?
The Wacom Intuous Pro S (https://us-store.wacom.com/product/waco ... undefined1) is a good one. I used to use the now out-of-production Bamboo, but this is a great alternative. It's just the right size for mouse replacement, doesn't take up much desk space. The larger ones are for artists, mostly.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Thanks. I've bookmarked it.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Softball playoffs tomorrow. First game at 9am, temp will be in the 20s at game time. A little early and cold to start drinking but I don't make the rules. Its gonna be rough.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:08pm
Softball playoffs tomorrow. First game at 9am, temp will be in the 20s at game time. A little early and cold to start drinking but I don't make the rules. Its gonna be rough.
Hot Buttered Rum

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:35pm
revbob wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:08pm
Hot Buttered Rum
Yeah I have a nice insulated water bottle that will be filled with rum and hot cider. I have some nice maple breakfast stouts too.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Last month I bought a rowing machine to use on my non-biking days. Quite like it except for the fact that the seat is poorly padded. I bought an additional gel seat, but that's also not doing it. The only reason I have to take breaks is because my ass gets sore. So I've finally made the jump to asshole cyclist fashion (even tho I don't ride outside anymore) and ordered some padded shorts to supplement the gel seat. They haven't arrived yet, but I love this inside-out photo of them:

We've been calling them the baboon shorts.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

So we lost... I had 3 hits, 2 runs 2 beers and a rather costly error (so did everyone). The ground was frozen with patches of ice on the basepaths and more than a dusting of snow in the outfield. The ball was bouncing off the infield dirt very unpredictably. We started getting it together in the latter innings but by then it was too little too late.

Another game tomorrow to stay out of last place...

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 12:14pm
So we lost... I had 3 hits, 2 runs 2 beers and a rather costly error (so did everyone). The ground was frozen with patches of ice on the basepaths and more than a dusting of snow in the outfield. The ball was bouncing off the infield dirt very unpredictably. We started getting it together in the latter innings but by then it was too little too late.

Is baseball usually a summer sport?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 4:49pm
revbob wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 12:14pm

Is baseball usually a summer sport?
Yes, and I played during summer too but this is fucking Vermont so you make adjustments.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 10:12am
Last month I bought a rowing machine to use on my non-biking days. Quite like it except for the fact that the seat is poorly padded. I bought an additional gel seat, but that's also not doing it. The only reason I have to take breaks is because my ass gets sore. So I've finally made the jump to asshole cyclist fashion (even tho I don't ride outside anymore) and ordered some padded shorts to supplement the gel seat. They haven't arrived yet, but I love this inside-out photo of them:

Thanks for putting me off my lunch!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 6:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 10:12am
xhttps://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61MCnOq7l0L._SL1000_.jpg

Thanks for putting me off my lunch!
They arrived today and, um, they feel like I'm wearing a full diaper. I'll give 'em a shot when I ride the bike tomorrow morning and see if they have much effect.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft