MLB 2019

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 9:26pm
Which team is that?
Sale pitched a gem for the Sox tonight.

Good case to be made that what the Rockies are doing on the field at Coors doesn't count as baseball in the strictest sense of the word.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

we quit the day after we lost a 16 inning game at home to Baltimore. Zero effort from everyone, I'm embarrassed.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

and fire Ausmus, even though my wife won't dig that move.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

tepista wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 11:01pm
We just fire him when you could run him out of town by planting rumors in the press? It works for the Red Sox.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 9:19am
tepista wrote:
We just fire him when you could run him out of town by planting rumors in the press? It works for the Red Sox.
Surely there's a sun-tanned version of Shaughnessy in the L.A. market.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
tepista wrote:
Is Ausmus black? I thought that was mainly reserved for non-whites now that hooded torch carrying mobs are out of fashion in Boston.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 9:53am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
tepista wrote:
Is Ausmus black? I thought that was mainly reserved for non-whites now that hooded torch carrying mobs are out of fashion in Boston.
Tito got shivved on his way out—pill addiction and adultery, as I recall—and he should have had saint status for 2004.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 10:06am
revbob wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
tepista wrote:
Tito got shivved on his way out—pill addiction and adultery, as I recall—and he should have had saint status for 2004.
Pill addiction and adultery? I thought it was fried chicken and video games?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 11:21am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
tepista wrote:
That was the pitching staff (Lester, Beckett, and Lackey primarily, I think). After Tito left, the Boston media engaged in ugly rumours about Tito's private life.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 11:33am
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

That was the pitching staff (Lester, Beckett, and Lackey primarily, I think). After Tito left, the Boston media engaged in ugly rumours about Tito's private life.
I remember it was the players with the chicken, but I thought the manager caught the heat for allowing it, you know out of control clubhouse. Nice guys, those media dudes "Thanks for all the World Serieses, don't let the pills and side pussy hit you on the ass on your way out...Oops, did I just say that out loud?" Snitches get stitches.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 11:50am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 11:33am
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I remember it was the players with the chicken, but I thought the manager caught the heat for allowing it, you know out of control clubhouse. Nice guys, those media dudes "Thanks for all the World Serieses, don't let the pills and side pussy hit you on the ass on your way out...Oops, did I just say that out loud?" Snitches get stitches.
Seriously. Tito should have been bulletproof, even with the 2011 collapse, but he wasn't allowed to just leave with everyone's gratitude. I wonder if Belichick has achieved enough to avoid that shit when he retires. Tho he's held the media in such contempt that I imagine they're just itching to take him down a peg when he goes.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
tepista wrote:
"Tito" sounds kind of "ethnic" though. That may have made some of the Boston faithful a little uncomfortable.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 12:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
tepista wrote:
"Tito" sounds kind of "ethnic" though. That may have made some of the Boston faithful a little uncomfortable.
A slightly chubby pale white guy was a safe choice. Now, Cora …

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

The powers that be breathe a sigh of relief upon hearing about Jeffrey Epstein’s ‘suicide’.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
10 Aug 2019, 10:10am
The powers that be breathe a sigh of relief upon hearing about Jeffrey Epstein’s ‘suicide’.