MLB 2019

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: MLB 2019

Post by tepista »

We've had a lot of injuries in the last few years, maybe he thinks we're better than our record shows.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

He should buy the Rays and rename them the Tampa Trout.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Inder wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 1:08pm
He should buy the Rays and rename them the Tampa Trout.
He should buy the Marlins scoreboard, replace the Marlin with a Trout and keep it in his back yard. Or front yard.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 12:49pm
revbob wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 12:33pm
Does he have an escape clause in this contract?
No opt outs. He's only a couple years away from having 10/5 no-trade rights.
Again I don't understand why you dont try to get on a contending team?
He might genuinely love playing in front of tepista, plus there are a limited number of clubs that'll shell out that kind of cash, even for one of the best ballplayers of time.
Honestly, being able to quietly be one of the all time greats while having zero pressure to win and getting paid a fortune would appeal to me.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 1:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
He might genuinely love playing in front of tepista, plus there are a limited number of clubs that'll shell out that kind of cash, even for one of the best ballplayers of time.
Honestly, being able to quietly be one of the all time greats while having zero pressure to win and getting paid a fortune would appeal to me.
Me too. But I think it's safe to say that, apart from not have 5% of Mike Trout's athletic ability, you and I are not wired the way those guys are.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 1:22pm

Me too. But I think it's safe to say that, apart from not have 5% of Mike Trout's athletic ability, you and I are not wired the way those guys are.
Trout ain't like Harper or a lot of these guys. He's all "golly gee whiz" and i'm pretty sure he calls the umpires "sir"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 2:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Trout ain't like Harper or a lot of these guys. He's all "golly gee whiz" and i'm pretty sure he calls the umpires "sir"
But he's still competitive as fuck and wants to win. You can't exist at that level and not be crazy competitive.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 2:31pm
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

But he's still competitive as fuck and wants to win. You can't exist at that level and not be crazy competitive.
Golly gee, mister, we're just a bunch of kids trying to have fun.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 2:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Coach said we can go for Subway afterwards if we play the game right and don't cuss.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 3:01pm
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Coach said we can go for Subway afterwards if we play the game right and don't cuss.
Coach Brad says we can go to Baskin Robbins if we win, Old Coach Mike took us to Olive Garden.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 4:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 3:01pm
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:

Coach Brad says we can go to Baskin Robbins if we win, Old Coach Mike took us to Olive Garden.
Coach Mike has the physique of a guy really into pasta and an endless bowl of breadsticks.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

On his radio show, (Stephen A.) Smith asked his ESPN colleague, Jeff Passan, who broke the Trout news earlier in the day, "We look at other individuals, a Mike Scioscia for example, entering his 19th season as the manager for this ballclub. Does a contract like Mike Trout apply more pressure to somebody like him to turn things around or else [Angels owner Arte] Moreno's gonna move in a different direction?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 5:21pm
On his radio show, (Stephen A.) Smith asked his ESPN colleague, Jeff Passan, who broke the Trout news earlier in the day, "We look at other individuals, a Mike Scioscia for example, entering his 19th season as the manager for this ballclub. Does a contract like Mike Trout apply more pressure to somebody like him to turn things around or else [Angels owner Arte] Moreno's gonna move in a different direction?
Wait till he finds out that Kennedy was assassinated.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
There's a limited number willing to pay that money sure but plenty more who would pay a little less and basically any of those 10 teams are competing. Would I accept a few million less to possibly play on a championship team? Absolutely.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 6:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
There's a limited number willing to pay that money sure but plenty more who would pay a little less and basically any of those 10 teams are competing. Would I accept a few million less to possibly play on a championship team? Absolutely.
The MLBPA takes a jaundiced eye towards discounts, especially involving star players. Him raising the rate does have a cascade effect to raise everyone's salaries down the line.