101’s Room

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: 101’s Room

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 6:14pm
Silent Majority wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 6:13pm
I won't be having any kids. Not my idea of fun.
Who'll sing "Danny Boy" for you as you lay in your death bed?
I got you!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 6:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I got you!
I'll hold you to that. Stay on standby for the next five years.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 6:26pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 6:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I got you!
I'll hold you to that. Stay on standby for the next five years.
If I can help and can be guaranteed immunity from prosecution, let me know.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I always loved other people's kids but never wanted one myself, didn't fancy the responsibility or the worry. I did become a Dad eventually (unplanned at the age of 37) but when it happened it was the best thing that ever happened to me. It's as if something biological happens to you when you see that baby and your brain starts working in a different way. No regrets whatsoever but I can totally see where people are coming from in not wanting kids. At least you don't get subjected to Panic! at the Disco every day in the car. I want to kill that band.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 6:44pm
I always loved other people's kids but never wanted one myself, didn't fancy the responsibility or the worry. I did become a Dad eventually (unplanned at the age of 37) but when it happened it was the best thing that ever happened to me. It's as if something biological happens to you when you see that baby and your brain starts working in a different way. No regrets whatsoever but I can totally see where people are coming from in not wanting kids. At least you don't get subjected to Panic! at the Disco every day in the car. I want to kill that band.
Jackson was a C-section so I held him first (at age 36) and I was instatly bonded. It actually took Ali a few weeks to get there, but I was hooked. No regrets, even as they wear me to a nub.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
Well I had two sons and their births were magical. I was lucky with my first son Luke who adores The Clash so no Panic! at the Disco for me. But it's not all plain sailing either my second son Ashley is soon to become my daughter and is having hormone therapy for the change. I'm completely supportive of him/her and will always love my kids unconditionally. It's just gonna be a whole new world for my second offspring that's bound to bring about it's own set of problems and concerns. But I'll always be here for them both regardless.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 8:16pm
Heston wrote:
Well I had two sons and their births were magical. I was lucky with my first son Luke who adores The Clash so no Panic! at the Disco for me. But it's not all plain sailing either my second son Ashley is soon to become my daughter and is having hormone therapy for the change. I'm completely supportive of him/her and will always love my kids unconditionally. It's just gonna be a whole new world for my second offspring that's bound to bring about it's own set of problems and concerns. But I'll always be here for them both regardless.
We have a man in the process of becoming a woman who comes to a lot of our gigs and she is totally accepted by everyone I know, and her family seems to be totally understanding. Times have changed for the better and good luck to Ashley for the future. Like you say, our kids deserve our unconditional love and support.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 8:30pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
We have a man in the process of becoming a woman who comes to a lot of our gigs and she is totally accepted by everyone I know, and her family seems to be totally understanding. Times have changed for the better and good luck to Ashley for the future. Like you say, our kids deserve our unconditional love and support.
Word.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Absolutely mate thank for the kind words appreciated. I joke with Ashley all the time "it takes bigger balls to become a woman than to stay trapped a man".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 8:36pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Absolutely mate thank for the kind words appreciated. I joke with Ashley all the time "it takes bigger balls to become a woman than to stay trapped a man".
:mrgreen:

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Cool, Marky! How old are your kids?
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

tepista wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 8:49pm
Cool, Marky! How old are your kids?
Luke is 26 and Ashley is 24.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I wish Ashley all the best. The world is getting better and will get better for her.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Best wishes to Ashley (and to you), Marky. It takes amazing guts to be true to yourself against society's bigotries. It's getting better thanks to people like Ashley asserting themselves.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Good on you Marky Ashley is going to need all the support she can get and that starts at home. As others have said society, thankfully, is more understanding today.