101’s Room

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: 101’s Room

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 7:19am
Marky Dread wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 8:16pm
Heston wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 6:44pm
I always loved other people's kids but never wanted one myself, didn't fancy the responsibility or the worry. I did become a Dad eventually (unplanned at the age of 37) but when it happened it was the best thing that ever happened to me. It's as if something biological happens to you when you see that baby and your brain starts working in a different way. No regrets whatsoever but I can totally see where people are coming from in not wanting kids. At least you don't get subjected to Panic! at the Disco every day in the car. I want to kill that band.
Well I had two sons and their births were magical. I was lucky with my first son Luke who adores The Clash so no Panic! at the Disco for me. But it's not all plain sailing either my second son Ashley is soon to become my daughter and is having hormone therapy for the change. I'm completely supportive of him/her and will always love my kids unconditionally. It's just gonna be a whole new world for my second offspring that's bound to bring about it's own set of problems and concerns. But I'll always be here for them both regardless.
Good on you Marky Ashley is going to need all the support she can get and that starts at home. As others have said society, thankfully, is more understanding today.
Cheers mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I'll echo what others have said, good for Ashley and good on ya, Markey.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Flex wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 8:36am
I'll echo what others have said, good for Ashley and good on ya, Markey.
Thanks mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 4:57pm
matedog wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 3:45pm

Having a kid now, I would fault no one for not having kids. It sucks. Like it's fun and great and all, but it sucks.
I'm glad you say that. Half my friends with kids say what you say while the other half describe it like a magical wonderland. Take a guess which one's are better parents? I can see the good parts of it and sometimes do regret not having the experience but for the love of god be honest about it.
It's certainly not a magical wonderland. And it's certainly a hell of a lot easier having only one, like I do. And I loathe people who begrudge anyone for not wanting kids.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
I always loved other people's kids but never wanted one myself, didn't fancy the responsibility or the worry. I did become a Dad eventually (unplanned at the age of 37) but when it happened it was the best thing that ever happened to me. It's as if something biological happens to you when you see that baby and your brain starts working in a different way. No regrets whatsoever but I can totally see where people are coming from in not wanting kids. At least you don't get subjected to Panic! at the Disco every day in the car. I want to kill that band.
Well I had two sons and their births were magical. I was lucky with my first son Luke who adores The Clash so no Panic! at the Disco for me. But it's not all plain sailing either my second son Ashley is soon to become my daughter and is having hormone therapy for the change. I'm completely supportive of him/her and will always love my kids unconditionally. It's just gonna be a whole new world for my second offspring that's bound to bring about it's own set of problems and concerns. But I'll always be here for them both regardless.
This is what amazing parenting looks like. I don't mean to sound trite, but I wish all trans kids had parents like you. You are realistic but you are accepting, and that kind of parenting saves lives.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

matedog wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 3:45pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 2:18pm
Wolter wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 2:12pm
JennyB wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 1:29pm
Kory wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 1:26pm
Not to offend anyone here, but parents are often either the most oblivious our entitled people on the planet.
You don't know the half of it.
Oh my god don’t get me started on every parent other than me.
Having embraced a child-free life it really annoys me when people seem to pity my wife and I for not having children. I remind them that I take at least two week long vacations a year, sleep until 10AM most weekend days, and that our place is largely free of plastic things in primary colors.
Having a kid now, I would fault no one for not having kids. It sucks. Like it's fun and great and all, but it sucks.
As a woman who is child-free by choice, I've had my share of shaming from other women for my decision. I've never told anyone the real reason I made this choice, but "being selfish" wasn't one of them, whatever that means anyway. Most women who were rude enough to approach the subject with me told me I would regret it when I'm older. I'm older, and well, so far, so good.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
I have a niece/nephew who is trans (I'm still trying to figure out how to word this properly) and my brother hasn't handled it well, probably because of his born-again attitude. It's refreshing to read this. It makes me want to hug you. *sniff* I know from my nephew that that support means more than anyone will ever know.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 9:54am
Most women who were rude enough to approach the subject with me told me I would regret it when I'm older. I'm older, and well, so far, so good.
What better resson for having a kid is fear of future regret?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 10:07am
Mimi wrote:
Most women who were rude enough to approach the subject with me told me I would regret it when I'm older. I'm older, and well, so far, so good.
Right?! I wanted to ask them if they only had kids so the kids would take care of them when they got older.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 10:10am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Right?! I wanted to ask them if they only had kids so the kids would take care of them when they got older.
My mother told me that my dad only wanted kids so that he'd feel/look more like a man. He really wasn't interested in being a dad once the kids were born. The first four kids were born in about a seven-year span, then my next oldest sister and I were accidents well after the eldest group. My mother told him that he was being given a second chance to actually be a dad, but, nope, he limited himself to being a provider (and he was a good one), but raising kids was left to her.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 10:34am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
My mother told me that my dad only wanted kids so that he'd feel/look more like a man. He really wasn't interested in being a dad once the kids were born. The first four kids were born in about a seven-year span, then my next oldest sister and I were accidents well after the eldest group. My mother told him that he was being given a second chance to actually be a dad, but, nope, he limited himself to being a provider (and he was a good one), but raising kids was left to her.
That generation of men. :rolleyes:

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Mimi wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 10:36am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Ali’s father actually told her if he had it to do again, he would’ve never had kids and spent more time sailing.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Yes and no. My parents were that Great Depression / World War II generation, but in the 1950s—when the first batch of kids came along—attitudes toward parenting changed considerably, with fathers expected to take part in household chores and develop closer relationships with their kids. My dad, tho, a good emotionally confined Scandinavian, kept all his kids at an arm's length and definitely did no housework. He always seemed to be one full generation behind his cohort.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Wolter wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 10:47am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Ali’s father actually told her if he had it to do again, he would’ve never had kids and spent more time sailing.
Ouch!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Shouldn't come as a surprise that the primary reason why I didn't want kids was a fear that I'd be as lousy a father as I had, and I didn't want that on my conscience.