North America IMCT Meet Up

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: North America IMCT Meet Up

Post by matedog »

Awesome! And every time I think I’ve met a lot of IMCTers, I remember that Spiff puts me to shame. I
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

matedog wrote:
21 Jun 2023, 12:29pm
Awesome! And every time I think I’ve met a lot of IMCTers, I remember that Spiff puts me to shame. I
I've met Matey, Medulla, Spiff, Flex, RevBob and Inder.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
21 Jun 2023, 12:35pm
matedog wrote:
Good stats. Ive met Flex, Beaneater and Spiff. The rest of you seem to (rightly?) avoid me.

matedog

Post by matedog »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
matedog wrote:
I've got BBE, Flex, Wolter, Spiff, Inder, Maj, Kory, Briggy, Tep, Kaleb (just barely). I think that's it. Oh tosh too, though he's not around much these days.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
21 Jun 2023, 1:29pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
matedog wrote:
I came to Vermont but was more interested in drinking hipster IPAs than meeting up with revbob.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Ahhh, the "show off your IMCT collection" game. Let's see:

-Maj
-BBE
-revbob
-wolter
-hoy
-spiff
-tepista
-rat patrol
-kaleb
-boddington

Many on this list have, quite foolishly, agreed to hang with me on more than one occasion (I believe hoy overtook spiff for the honorarium of "IMCTer who has hung out with flex the most")
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Great picture and so glad you all got to meet up!

I have met Tep, Kaleb and Kory - such fun hanging out with each of them!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

It was a really nice evening and great to meet up with Spiff. Fingers crossed that we get to do it again if his work brings him to Manchester again.

I have met a few of the Strummernews crowd at the first Strummercamp, plus Deny a few times, including in Blackpool for TGTBATQ’s show on the Pier.

matedog

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
21 Jun 2023, 1:36pm
matedog wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
matedog wrote:
I came to Vermont but was more interested in drinking hipster IPAs than meeting up with revbob.
I haven't been to Vermont since 1993!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
21 Jun 2023, 2:20pm
revbob wrote:
21 Jun 2023, 1:36pm
matedog wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
matedog wrote:
I haven't been to Vermont since 1993!
Youve been Vermont adjacent!

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

I've had the pleasure to meet quite a few IMCTers at Carbon/Silicon and BAD reunion gigs back in the day. Had a couple of drinks with Heston, among others, who wasn't the least bit crazy.

Met up with deny and his dog Strummer again in 2014, the day before Germany won the World Cup. Good times.

Not because of revbob, but I have been avoiding the US between 2016 and 2020 and am still a bit reluctant about going there with the family. The girls have never been, so I hope to take them some day.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Olaf wrote:
21 Jun 2023, 5:21pm
I've had the pleasure to meet quite a few IMCTers at Carbon/Silicon and BAD reunion gigs back in the day. Had a couple of drinks with Heston, among others, who wasn't the least bit crazy.

Met up with deny and his dog Strummer again in 2014, the day before Germany won the World Cup. Good times.

Not because of revbob, but I have been avoiding the US between 2016 and 2020 and am still a bit reluctant about going there with the family. The girls have never been, so I hope to take them some day.
Just come armed and you should be fine.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Olaf wrote:

Sounds like you were hoodwinked by some imposter. Perhaps Marky he's a cheeky bugger.

As for the US. Im not sure of the source of your trepidation but Ive lived here longer than most of us on this board have been alive and Ive only been shot and stabbed once or twice and never robbed.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:

You have to build up your tolerance and skills for visiting the US. Spend a month in Syria, then another month in Ukraine, and then you're ready for New England. After a couple months there, you can start heading west and south.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jun 2023, 5:53pm
Olaf wrote:

You have to build up your tolerance and skills for visiting the US. Spend a month in Syria, then another month in Ukraine, and then you're ready for New England. After a couple months there, you can start heading west and south.
Id recommend that first timers only come to Vermont their first time.