The Growing Old Kinda Sucks thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: The Growing Old Kinda Sucks thread

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 11:21am
Mimi wrote:
30 Mar 2022, 8:20pm
JennyB wrote:
30 Mar 2022, 8:00pm
So Ari's hockey team had a kids vs. parents game last night and I made the mistake of playing. I have never played ice hockey before (I played intramural floor hockey in college). I am paying for it dearly today. I got knocked down by a 12-year-old and I can barely lift my left arm today.
Ouch. Hope you took a nice hot bath.
And stew in my own filth? :shifty:
If you light a candle and drink a bottle of wine, the filth simply disappears. :lol:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
30 Mar 2022, 8:20pm
JennyB wrote:
30 Mar 2022, 8:00pm
So Ari's hockey team had a kids vs. parents game last night and I made the mistake of playing. I have never played ice hockey before (I played intramural floor hockey in college). I am paying for it dearly today. I got knocked down by a 12-year-old and I can barely lift my left arm today.
Ouch. Hope you took a nice hot bath.
And stew in my own filth? :shifty:
*sigh* The cucumber slices over the eyes cancels so much of that out. Depending on the type of candles you use, that can get rid of the rest.
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Mar 2022, 8:35pm
:lol: You're a wonderful mother but a foolish human being.
Not sure on the former, but definitely correct on the latter.
Bah. From everything I can gather, you're the kind of parent I'd have hoped to be, but was sure I'd fail at.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
18 Mar 2022, 5:21pm
While I'm in here, does anyone know of a good home remedy for removing earwax? I've got some water stuck in my ear or something and it's creating this irritating crackling noise whenever my ear is touched. I don't want to drive to the dr. just for this.
Get them syringed if you can. It's the most wonderful feeling in the world when you can hear clearly again. If you can't do that get a kit from the chemist that softens the wax then you squirt a balloon full of hot water into your ear.

My doctor told me the ear builds up more wax to protect against loud noise. I bet you use headphones a lot.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 1:44pm
Kory wrote:
While I'm in here, does anyone know of a good home remedy for removing earwax? I've got some water stuck in my ear or something and it's creating this irritating crackling noise whenever my ear is touched. I don't want to drive to the dr. just for this.
Get them syringed if you can. It's the most wonderful feeling in the world when you can hear clearly again. If you can't do that get a kit from the chemist that softens the wax then you squirt a balloon full of hot water into your ear.

My doctor told me the ear builds up more wax to protect against loud noise. I bet you use headphones a lot.
I second what the man from Jendell says. I've always had wax build-up problems, but much worse as a kid (my Walkman days, so maybe your doctor is correct), so I had them syringed a few times. Gross looking at the cup of water and huge chunks of brown wax floating there, but the effect is remarkable. I wouldn't do it without a doctor, tho.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:

I actually don't, I think it's because I sleep with custom earplugs in. Instead of expanding in the ear, they're the size they're always going to be, so I hypothesize that it pushes wax in each time I insert.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 3:03pm
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:

I actually don't, I think it's because I sleep with custom earplugs in. Instead of expanding in the ear, they're the size they're always going to be, so I hypothesize that it pushes wax in each time I insert.
CVS, Walgreens or Target might have ear wax removal stuff.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 8:12pm
I've changed my mind; I hate raw truth.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I drank a glass of oj this morning and my upper back seized up. Nice intelligent design, "God."

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 8:08am
I drank a glass of oj this morning and my upper back seized up. Nice intelligent design, "God."
Was it gas?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 9:09am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Was it gas?
No he said oj.

:shifty:

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 9:23am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Was it gas?
No he said oj.

:shifty:
:angry:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Was it gas?
No, it was standing at the counter, raising the glass to my lips, and drinking—something I do literally every morning. And then all the muscles between the bottom of my ribcage and my neck decided to constrict. And my warranty expired decades ago, so I'm stuck in "as-is" mode to the end.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 10:22am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Was it gas?
No, it was standing at the counter, raising the glass to my lips, and drinking—something I do literally every morning. And then all the muscles between the bottom of my ribcage and my neck decided to constrict. And my warranty expired decades ago, so I'm stuck in "as-is" mode to the end.
Oh, I thought it was pain in the upper quadrant, thinking it was gas. Good lord, Mimi. Ouch. Can you move yet? Take a hot shower see if that loosens it up. Heating pad. I can't live without one of those.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 10:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 10:22am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Was it gas?
Oh, I thought it was pain in the upper quadrant, thinking it was gas. Good lord, Mimi. Ouch. Can you move yet? Take a hot shower see if that loosens it up. Heating pad. I can't live without one of those.
I'm entirely mobile and all, but still tender. It's ended up an unscheduled day off from exercise. A person isn't supposed to hurt themselves while taking in nourishment. Doing Jackass stunts, sure, but drinking orange juice? Bah.