The Growing Old Kinda Sucks thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Growing Old Kinda Sucks thread

Post by revbob »

Glad you're doing okay Matey.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

So Ari's hockey team had a kids vs. parents game last night and I made the mistake of playing. I have never played ice hockey before (I played intramural floor hockey in college). I am paying for it dearly today. I got knocked down by a 12-year-old and I can barely lift my left arm today.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

JennyB wrote:
30 Mar 2022, 8:00pm
So Ari's hockey team had a kids vs. parents game last night and I made the mistake of playing. I have never played ice hockey before (I played intramural floor hockey in college). I am paying for it dearly today. I got knocked down by a 12-year-old and I can barely lift my left arm today.
Hello,

Did you win?

The second time won't be nearly as bad.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

gkbill wrote:
30 Mar 2022, 8:02pm
JennyB wrote:
Hello,

Did you win?

The second time won't be nearly as bad.
We did, though with no help from me.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
Ouch. Hope you took a nice hot bath.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
:lol: You're a wonderful mother but a foolish human being.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:
Dude that’s not like running around on a soccer field. That’s slipping around on a cold, slick, hard surface. Respect.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 12:37am
JennyB wrote:
Dude that’s not like running around on a soccer field. That’s slipping around on a cold, slick, hard surface. Respect.
Yeah falling on the ice can be rough. I took my niece/nephew skating once. Well the place only had figure skates in my size and Ive only worn and used hockey skates. I was going along fine at a pretty good pace until the toe of one skate caught the ice and I just went down. I didn't lose control just went straight down hard. I was in pain for many days. Ice is unforgiving, and fuck those teeth toes on figure skates.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 8:19am
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Yeah falling on the ice can be rough. I took my niece/nephew skating once. Well the place only had figure skates in my size and Ive only worn and used hockey skates. I was going along fine at a pretty good pace until the toe of one skate caught the ice and I just went down. I didn't lose control just went straight down hard. I was in pain for many days. Ice is unforgiving, and fuck those teeth toes on figure skates.
I went ice skating once. That was enough for me.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:
It is. And I was wearing no padding. I'm actually a decent skater, but that game is FAST.
Got a Rake? Sure!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 11:04am
revbob wrote:
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:
It is. And I was wearing no padding. I'm actually a decent skater, but that game is FAST.
Yeah I can skate well enough but those teeth really dig in and I had a lot of momentum and it still stopped me in my tracks.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 11:10am
JennyB wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 11:04am
revbob wrote:
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Yeah I can skate well enough but those teeth really dig in and I had a lot of momentum and it still stopped me in my tracks.
For sure - figure skates are much harder to skate on for sure. That toe pick is a doozy. I actually ended up buying a pair of hockey skates myself last year - we were going to public skate at least once a week and not having to rent skates eventually paid for itself.
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
30 Mar 2022, 8:20pm
JennyB wrote:
Ouch. Hope you took a nice hot bath.
And stew in my own filth? :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Mar 2022, 8:35pm
JennyB wrote:
:lol: You're a wonderful mother but a foolish human being.
Not sure on the former, but definitely correct on the latter.
Got a Rake? Sure!