The Growing Old Kinda Sucks thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: The Growing Old Kinda Sucks thread

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 10:38am
Mimi wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 10:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 10:22am
Mimi wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 9:09am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 8:08am
I drank a glass of oj this morning and my upper back seized up. Nice intelligent design, "God."
Was it gas?
No, it was standing at the counter, raising the glass to my lips, and drinking—something I do literally every morning. And then all the muscles between the bottom of my ribcage and my neck decided to constrict. And my warranty expired decades ago, so I'm stuck in "as-is" mode to the end.
Oh, I thought it was pain in the upper quadrant, thinking it was gas. Good lord, Mimi. Ouch. Can you move yet? Take a hot shower see if that loosens it up. Heating pad. I can't live without one of those.
I'm entirely mobile and all, but still tender. It's ended up an unscheduled day off from exercise. A person isn't supposed to hurt themselves while taking in nourishment. Doing Jackass stunts, sure, but drinking orange juice? Bah.
I pulled a muscle between my spine and shoulder blade while putting a shirt on. Couldn't move my neck for a week even after a trip to the chiro.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 10:45am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Was it gas?
No, it was standing at the counter, raising the glass to my lips, and drinking—something I do literally every morning. And then all the muscles between the bottom of my ribcage and my neck decided to constrict. And my warranty expired decades ago, so I'm stuck in "as-is" mode to the end.
Oh, I thought it was pain in the upper quadrant, thinking it was gas. Good lord, Mimi. Ouch. Can you move yet? Take a hot shower see if that loosens it up. Heating pad. I can't live without one of those.
I'm entirely mobile and all, but still tender. It's ended up an unscheduled day off from exercise. A person isn't supposed to hurt themselves while taking in nourishment. Doing Jackass stunts, sure, but drinking orange juice? Bah.
I pulled a muscle between my spine and shoulder blade while putting a shirt on. Couldn't move my neck for a week even after a trip to the chiro.
Exactly! Getting hurt doing unusual and immature crap, sure, that's understood. We're not supposed to get put out of commission eating or dressing ourselves.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I drank a glass of oj this morning and my upper back seized up. Nice intelligent design, "God."
Was it gas?
Jeez, yeah, it's rough when you have to do stretches before having a glass of juice or cup of coffee.
All kidding aside, hope you're able to do some stretches to perhaps help loosen it up a bit so it doesn't get any worse.
I recall wrenching my back years ago by simply kneeling down to scoop the cats litter box. Then I made the mistake of telling someone at work, never lived that one down.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 10:47am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Exactly! Getting hurt doing unusual and immature crap, sure, that's understood. We're not supposed to get put out of commission eating or dressing ourselves.
What's really sad is that I was in my early 30s when I did this. Doing that now? I can see it. lol

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 11:06am
I recall wrenching my back years ago by simply kneeling down to scoop the cats litter box. Then I made the mistake of telling someone at work, never lived that one down.
That happened to me once, tho it makes a bit more sense—bent over and twisting at the same time.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Was it gas?
There's a reason I gave up oj... not this but I assure you I have a reason.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 11:07am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

What's really sad is that I was in my early 30s when I did this. Doing that now? I can see it. lol
There was the story of, I think, Sammy Sosa fucking up his back while sneezing. If a professional athlete can be put out of commission by something like that, we're all doomed.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 11:16am
There's a reason I gave up oj... not this but I assure you I have a reason.
The failure of the jury system in 1995?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Reached behind me to grab a comic book and threw my lower back out. Still, it's a hobby I'd die for.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 11:17am
Mimi wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 11:07am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

There was the story of, I think, Sammy Sosa fucking up his back while sneezing. If a professional athlete can be put out of commission by something like that, we're all doomed.
Well, I mean, he was also on copious amounts of steroids.

Feel better - that really sucks!

Also, I farted while sneezing in 10th grade math, so that was fun.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 2:36pm
That's a damned dangerous situation!

In grade seven or eight, a guy in my class was giving a presentation at the front of class and got a boner. Painful and funny all at once because there was nothing he could do. He later became some kind of freaky evangelical minister in northern Saskatchewan. Is there a connection between the two things? I'd like to think so.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 2:57pm
JennyB wrote:

In grade seven or eight, a guy in my class was giving a presentation at the front of class and got a boner. Painful and funny all at once because there was nothing he could do. He later became some kind of freaky evangelical minister in northern Saskatchewan. Is there a connection between the two things? I'd like to think so.
Maybe he was picturing the audience naked.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 3:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 2:57pm
JennyB wrote:

Maybe he was picturing the audience naked.
That's why you only use that strategy when you have a podium in front of you.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Ear hair, eh? Guess I'll be dealing with this for the next thirty years.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 12:59pm
Ear hair, eh? Guess I'll be dealing with this for the next thirty years.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!