The Cricket Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4185
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by BitterTom »

Not long to go now. 8 July the first in 3 tests against the West Indies, going to be great, let's just hope we see some rippers like this again!


101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21488
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 4:20pm
Not long to go now. 8 July the first in 3 tests against the West Indies, going to be great, let's just hope we see some rippers like this again!

Is Jimmy going to be still going???

BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4185
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by BitterTom »

Test cricket returning tomorrow, working sadly but BBC have the highlights on so I'll be glued to those. Interesting to see how new captain Stokes fares.

laxman
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2613
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by laxman »

BitterTom wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 8:41am
Test cricket returning tomorrow, working sadly but BBC have the highlights on so I'll be glued to those. Interesting to see how new captain Stokes fares.
Hopefully he will cope OK. He has a lot on his plate already as an all rounder but Jason Holder seems to manage it fine.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21488
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

laxman wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 9:51am
BitterTom wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 8:41am
Test cricket returning tomorrow, working sadly but BBC have the highlights on so I'll be glued to those. Interesting to see how new captain Stokes fares.
Hopefully he will cope OK. He has a lot on his plate already as an all rounder but Jason Holder seems to manage it fine.
Stokes seems to thrive on pressure however the captaincy isn’t a step too far you don’t want him to lose that edge.

BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4185
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by BitterTom »

101Walterton wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 4:24pm
laxman wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 9:51am
BitterTom wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 8:41am
Test cricket returning tomorrow, working sadly but BBC have the highlights on so I'll be glued to those. Interesting to see how new captain Stokes fares.
Hopefully he will cope OK. He has a lot on his plate already as an all rounder but Jason Holder seems to manage it fine.
Stokes seems to thrive on pressure however the captaincy isn’t a step too far you don’t want him to lose that edge.
Like Lax says, he has a lot on his plate being that all rounder. Can see the pressure getting to him to be honest and not scoring as high as he possibly could. Having said that, given his ferocity, he'll certainly be out to get a few wickets though.

laxman
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2613
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by laxman »

BitterTom wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 5:12pm
101Walterton wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 4:24pm
laxman wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 9:51am
BitterTom wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 8:41am
Test cricket returning tomorrow, working sadly but BBC have the highlights on so I'll be glued to those. Interesting to see how new captain Stokes fares.
Hopefully he will cope OK. He has a lot on his plate already as an all rounder but Jason Holder seems to manage it fine.
Stokes seems to thrive on pressure however the captaincy isn’t a step too far you don’t want him to lose that edge.
Like Lax says, he has a lot on his plate being that all rounder. Can see the pressure getting to him to be honest and not scoring as high as he possibly could. Having said that, given his ferocity, he'll certainly be out to get a few wickets though.
Might depend upon who they select, including instead of Root. Stokes might move up the order and they then pick an extra bowler so he doesn't have to do much bowling.

Post Reply