Rugby World Cup

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: Rugby World Cup

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 6:50am
Game over well played South Africa. A great last try by S A . England playing too deep.
They have been awesome, fair play to them. My claim to fame is that Ben Spencer, who just came on for England, played for our U12s lacrosse juniors. Didn't play for long, rugby took precedence for some reason :)

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Hursts me to say it but we got beat, can’t complain.
Well done Yarpies.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

101Walterton wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 7:23am
Well done Yarpies.
Not to worry, give it three years of debate by our politicians and it will turn out that we won. ;)

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 7:33am
101Walterton wrote:
Well done Yarpies.
Not to worry, give it three years of debate by our politicians and it will turn out that we won. ;)
In three years time the date of the final will be put back if it's up to our politicians. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 7:57am
laxman wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Well done Yarpies.
In three years time the date of the final will be put back if it's up to our politicians. ;)
Ha ha. The post match SA interviews are amazing, I hope the victory proves to have a massive positive impact on the country.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 8:01am
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 7:57am
laxman wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Well done Yarpies.
Ha ha. The post match SA interviews are amazing, I hope the victory proves to have a massive positive impact on the country.
Yeah same here sport can be a positive force.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Ireland are making a supposedly okayish Scotland team look like cannon fodder here. Can't quite believe I'm saying this, but I'm beginning to think they might actually win this World Cup.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Low Down Low wrote:
07 Oct 2023, 3:46pm
Ireland are making a supposedly okayish Scotland team look like cannon fodder here. Can't quite believe I'm saying this, but I'm beginning to think they might actually win this World Cup.
I thought Scotland looked good in their immediate response to Ireland’s early try but then looked more and more downhearted because they couldn’t get through the Irish defence. Laxwife is looking very smug!

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

laxman wrote:
07 Oct 2023, 4:11pm
Low Down Low wrote:
I thought Scotland looked good in their immediate response to Ireland’s early try but then looked more and more downhearted because they couldn’t get through the Irish defence. Laxwife is looking very smug!
Ha ha, i bet! Like me, she'd have grown up watching variations of absolutely crap Irish rugby teams, so you've got to savour the good times when they come. Only worry is they might peak too soon, but something tells me this side know what they're at.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Low Down Low wrote:
07 Oct 2023, 4:30pm
laxman wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Ha ha, i bet! Like me, she'd have grown up watching variations of absolutely crap Irish rugby teams, so you've got to savour the good times when they come. Only worry is they might peak too soon, but something tells me this side know what they're at.
Next Saturday is going to be a massive game.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

laxman wrote:
07 Oct 2023, 7:05pm
Low Down Low wrote:
laxman wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Yeah, all massive games from now on in. Funny, we've had over a month of competition and it feels as if the whole thing is just starting. Time was Ireland would quake in their boots at the mere mention of the fabled All Blacks, but they've won 5 of their last 8 games against them, so the fear factor seems a thing of the past now. There's plenty of (cautious) optimism around anyway. France v South Africa will be another titanic clash. England don't look great but you'd never know, they should make sf and have time to get their act together.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Tough to open this thread up and see 101’s posts from 4 years ago, miss that guy.

It’s been fun following this while in France. Looking forward to watching the matches tonight at a pub.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 11:06am
Tough to open this thread up and see 101’s posts from 4 years ago, miss that guy.

It’s been fun following this while in France. Looking forward to watching the matches tonight at a pub.
Agreed about 101W.Every time I see a post on The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread I go and check how 50.5W is doing.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Low Down Low wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 6:01am
laxman wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
laxman wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Yeah, all massive games from now on in. Funny, we've had over a month of competition and it feels as if the whole thing is just starting. Time was Ireland would quake in their boots at the mere mention of the fabled All Blacks, but they've won 5 of their last 8 games against them, so the fear factor seems a thing of the past now. There's plenty of (cautious) optimism around anyway. France v South Africa will be another titanic clash. England don't look great but you'd never know, they should make sf and have time to get their act together.
I'd agree that the way Ireland are playing they have nothing to fear. They look superbly organised. I think the winners will be from that game or the France v SA game. Can't see England winning it.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

laxman wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 2:53pm
Low Down Low wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 6:01am
laxman wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
laxman wrote:

I'd agree that the way Ireland are playing they have nothing to fear. They look superbly organised. I think the winners will be from that game or the France v SA game. Can't see England winning it.
It's kind of mad how the clear 4 best teams get to meet in the qfs, think they fucked that up tbh. Only chink of light for England i think is they get easy pass against Fiji while France and SA pelt the living bells out of each other, but that may well be clutching at straws.

Great celebrations by the Portuguese there tonight, delighted for them. Well deserved their win.