The Kaleb Horton Deceased Estonian Trade Minister Thread, 2020 edition

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Estonian Trade Minister Thread, 2020 edition

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 3:13pm
tepista wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 1:19pm
I could maybe name 4 soccer players like ever, Maradona is one of them. Brits, love him, right?
Yeah like a dose of the clap.
The handball was disappointing but I would have taken it if one of our players had done it. I'll not let it detract from all the great stuff he did on the pitch. RIP Diego.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 3:19pm
Marky Dread wrote:
tepista wrote:
I could maybe name 4 soccer players like ever, Maradona is one of them. Brits, love him, right?
The handball was disappointing but I would have taken it if one of our players had done it. I'll not let it detract from all the great stuff he did on the pitch. RIP Diego.
I would've hated it if an English player had so openly cheated in such a high profile game. True greats don't need to cheat. But I'll let it go now. ;) R.I.P. Diego.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
tepista wrote:
Remember, it was the spark that blossomed into a beautiful New Order song, so there's that ...
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Spiff wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 4:02pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
tepista wrote:
Remember, it was the spark that blossomed into a beautiful New Order song, so there's that ...
Yep it sure was a blue monday that followed that game. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

I really liked him as a player - hated the fact that he diminished his reputation with such ease. Still, he was magic at times. RIP, Diego.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

What a mad football genius he was, and a mad life he led. Still have vivid memories of the first time i saw him during the 82 world cup where they basically kicked the shit out of him, game after game. Tend not to try and compare generations, cos times and circumstances change, but always wonder how much better he'd have fared if he'd got the same protection from referees players routinely enjoy nowadays.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Low Down Low wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 7:23pm
What a mad football genius he was, and a mad life he led. Still have vivid memories of the first time i saw him during the 82 world cup where they basically kicked the shit out of him, game after game. Tend not to try and compare generations, cos times and circumstances change, but always wonder how much better he'd have fared if he'd got the same protection from referees players routinely enjoy nowadays.
I remember that. He was basically booted out of the tournament. And let's not forget Patrick Battison at that World Cup, still bugs me to this day how Schumacher got away with it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Heston wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 7:45pm
Low Down Low wrote:
I remember that. He was basically booted out of the tournament. And let's not forget Patrick Battison at that World Cup, still bugs me to this day how Schumacher got away with it.
The shit they got away with back then was crazy. Can't remember now whether Schumacher was even booked, should have been done for GBH. Also remember the "butcher of bilbao" Andoni Goikochea, put Bernd Schuster out of that world cup and then smashed up maradonas ankle when he was playing for barca a year later. Got a yellow card for it, though!

Heston

Post by Heston »

Low Down Low wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 8:04pm
Heston wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
The shit they got away with back then was crazy. Can't remember now whether Schumacher was even booked, should have been done for GBH. Also remember the "butcher of bilbao" Andoni Goikochea, put Bernd Schuster out of that world cup and then smashed up maradonas ankle when he was playing for barca a year later. Got a yellow card for it, though!
He wasn't booked. It wasn't even a foul. I think a goal kick ensued.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 9:04pm
Low Down Low wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 8:04pm
Heston wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
He wasn't booked. It wasn't even a foul. I think a goal kick ensued.
Yep that's how I remember it also. Unbelievable now to think of it. V.A.R. V.A.R.!!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Daria Nicolodi Dies: ‘Suspiria’ Co-Writer, Famed Giallo Actress & Mother Of Asia Argento Was 70

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Odd how a song by Angie Heaton, an indie musician from back in the 90s, would pop in my mind suddenly, so I decided to google her, and discover she died of cancer a bit over a month ago. Anyway, the song in question, just a nice and easy going guitar strummer.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
27 Nov 2020, 8:24am
Daria Nicolodi Dies: ‘Suspiria’ Co-Writer, Famed Giallo Actress & Mother Of Asia Argento Was 70
Ah yeah, I'm a big fan, obv. Didn't think to mention it on here.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 3:04pm
revbob wrote:
I thought of you when I posted it. That and her naked :shifty:

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 3:41pm
tepista wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 3:04pm
revbob wrote:
I thought of you when I posted it. That and her naked :shifty:
In Profundo Rosso (Deep Red), Dario Argento's masterpiece (one of a few he had)

*edit* It actually got me thinking, Dario might kick soon too. Lucio Fulci is long dead, George Romero, Tobe Hooper, Wes Craven, Stuart Gordon, Larry Cohen and many more have all checked out the last decade. Dario, John Carpenter, and Joe Dante are left. And Roger Corman, he must be 99 years and 364 days!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak