The Kaleb Horton Deceased Estonian Trade Minister Thread, 2020 edition

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13894
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Estonian Trade Minister Thread, 2020 edition

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 6:54am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 12:11am
Frankie Banali, Quiet Riot's drummer.
I've mentioned this before, but the current Quiet Riot has exactly zero original members.
Yeah, that's crazy because they shouldn't be so big that they could carry on by name alone. They had one big song which was a cover.

I did see him at an airport in Houston I think, right after Id seen a vh1 thing on QR.
Last edited by revbob on 22 Aug 2020, 8:24am, edited 1 time in total.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13894
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Estonian Trade Minister Thread, 2020 edition

Post by revbob »

Jack Sherman, the guitarist who appeared on the debut album of American rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers, has died at the age of 64.

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 35011
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Estonian Trade Minister Thread, 2020 edition

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 47240
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Estonian Trade Minister Thread, 2020 edition

Post by Marky Dread »

tepista wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 8:05pm
RIP Walter Lure. :(

https://louderthanwar.com/walter-lure-r ... lH3DaRaOaU
Damn that's a bummer. R.I.P.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 10534
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Estonian Trade Minister Thread, 2020 edition

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 6:54am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 12:11am
Frankie Banali, Quiet Riot's drummer.
I've mentioned this before, but the current Quiet Riot has exactly zero original members.
So, what you're say is that your more of a 70s Randy Rhodes era Quiet Riot? Being a bit of a metal purist myself I can appreciate this angle. However, I have to say that the Metal Health era version of the band really whets my whistle.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90270
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Estonian Trade Minister Thread, 2020 edition

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 10:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 6:54am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 12:11am
Frankie Banali, Quiet Riot's drummer.
I've mentioned this before, but the current Quiet Riot has exactly zero original members.
So, what you're say is that your more of a 70s Randy Rhodes era Quiet Riot? Being a bit of a metal purist myself I can appreciate this angle. However, I have to say that the Metal Health era version of the band really whets my whistle.
My Quiet Riot decided it would be better to concentrate on their careers at Jiffy Lube and Pizza Hut, and to leave music to others.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 10534
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Estonian Trade Minister Thread, 2020 edition

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Aug 2020, 6:21am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 10:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 6:54am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 12:11am
Frankie Banali, Quiet Riot's drummer.
I've mentioned this before, but the current Quiet Riot has exactly zero original members.
So, what you're say is that your more of a 70s Randy Rhodes era Quiet Riot? Being a bit of a metal purist myself I can appreciate this angle. However, I have to say that the Metal Health era version of the band really whets my whistle.
My Quiet Riot decided it would be better to concentrate on their careers at Jiffy Lube and Pizza Hut, and to leave music to others.
By others you mean Dokken?
Image

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13894
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Estonian Trade Minister Thread, 2020 edition

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
23 Aug 2020, 8:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Aug 2020, 6:21am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 10:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 6:54am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 12:11am
Frankie Banali, Quiet Riot's drummer.
I've mentioned this before, but the current Quiet Riot has exactly zero original members.
So, what you're say is that your more of a 70s Randy Rhodes era Quiet Riot? Being a bit of a metal purist myself I can appreciate this angle. However, I have to say that the Metal Health era version of the band really whets my whistle.
My Quiet Riot decided it would be better to concentrate on their careers at Jiffy Lube and Pizza Hut, and to leave music to others.
By others you mean Dokken?
You gonna do a Dokken deep dive as a follow up to your Ratt one?

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90270
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Estonian Trade Minister Thread, 2020 edition

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
23 Aug 2020, 8:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Aug 2020, 6:21am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 10:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 6:54am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 12:11am
Frankie Banali, Quiet Riot's drummer.
I've mentioned this before, but the current Quiet Riot has exactly zero original members.
So, what you're say is that your more of a 70s Randy Rhodes era Quiet Riot? Being a bit of a metal purist myself I can appreciate this angle. However, I have to say that the Metal Health era version of the band really whets my whistle.
My Quiet Riot decided it would be better to concentrate on their careers at Jiffy Lube and Pizza Hut, and to leave music to others.
By others you mean Dokken?
Eh, Lynch Mob was a better version of Dokken.

(I have no idea whether this is true. Assessments of quality seems a complete fool's errand.)
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13894
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Estonian Trade Minister Thread, 2020 edition

Post by revbob »

Power Trip's lead singer Riley Gale dies aged 34.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13894
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Estonian Trade Minister Thread, 2020 edition

Post by revbob »

Just seeing this now...

Justin Townes Earle, roots Americana singer, dead at 38

https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/music/ ... -at-38/amp

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29436
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Estonian Trade Minister Thread, 2020 edition

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
26 Aug 2020, 6:42pm
Just seeing this now...

Justin Townes Earle, roots Americana singer, dead at 38

https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/music/ ... -at-38/amp
yeah, sad as hell. drug overdose it sounds like. he was doing a good job living up to the family name music-quality-wise. very sad.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 10534
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Estonian Trade Minister Thread, 2020 edition

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
26 Aug 2020, 6:42pm
Just seeing this now...

Justin Townes Earle, roots Americana singer, dead at 38

https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/music/ ... -at-38/amp
Like Jay Reatard I only heard about this guy after he was gone. People who's taste I trust are really sad and floored so I suspect he was really good.
Image

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13894
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Estonian Trade Minister Thread, 2020 edition

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
26 Aug 2020, 6:46pm
revbob wrote:
26 Aug 2020, 6:42pm
Just seeing this now...

Justin Townes Earle, roots Americana singer, dead at 38

https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/music/ ... -at-38/amp
Like Jay Reatard I only heard about this guy after he was gone. People who's taste I trust are really sad and floored so I suspect he was really good.
Yeah a talented songwriter.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13894
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Estonian Trade Minister Thread, 2020 edition

Post by revbob »


Post Reply