MLB 2020

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Boddington
Junco Partner

Re: MLB 2020

Post by Boddington »

It was like the inverse of Merkle's boner. I am firmly behind 'Defeat Raycism' but that was legit hilarious.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

If you're Dave Roberts, do you go to Jansen again if the game is on the line? He's in Benitez/Chapman territory when the stakes are highest.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 10:30am
Wolter wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 10:25am
Win or lose, this game should be brought up at least as long as the foul pole game was. What a wild way to win/lose.
Do you mean Fisk in '75?
Yes.

Also: holy shit this is funny.

”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

I kind of feel for the Dodgers because I am a Leafs fan (and LA Leafed hard on the final play) and cannot bring myself to cheer for the goddamn Rays.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Wolter wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 12:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 10:30am
Wolter wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 10:25am
Win or lose, this game should be brought up at least as long as the foul pole game was. What a wild way to win/lose.
Do you mean Fisk in '75?
Yes.

Also: holy shit this is funny.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

This is really neat (bottom tweet):

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Inder wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 1:35pm
This is really neat (bottom tweet):

The vitruvian pen.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Never really noticed until I saw the opening line-ups tonight, but the Dodgers are a super white team. Mookie is the only non-white dude starting. Somehow Mookie's ended up in an even paler place than Boston.

Also, Kershaw's pants are always oversized enough that they verge on Hammer pants.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

This looks like one of those covid particulate splatter animations:

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Just remembering the time Brett Phillips played Scotty Smalls in the Brewers "remake" of The Sandlot.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Fuck but Randy Arozarena is making it seem like he's the greatest ballplayer who was ever born. It's stupid fun to see a guy on the biggest stage acting like he's playing video game baseball.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

worst pitching change i've ever seen in my life, TB deserves to lose
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Justin Turner going out to celebrate and his teammates defending him merit my belief that there's nothing dumber than a ballplayer. If MLB was serious and gave a shit, they'd suspend him for all of next year.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 8:17am
Justin Turner going out to celebrate and his teammates defending him merit my belief that there's nothing dumber than a ballplayer. If MLB was serious and gave a shit, they'd suspend him for all of next year.

Maybe Hoy has been right about gingers all along. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

i think the dodgers are lying about not hearing about the test result until partway through the game. something rotten in the state of denmark, and it probably should taint both Turner and the team apparatus as a whole, at least a little. Horrible decision making. At best, they already had an inconclusive test in hand and let him go out and play, which is totally inappropriate. At worst, they knew he was positive for at least some amount of time and sat on it.

Then the post-game shitshow, obviously. Wretched.

Also, I was nominally pulling for the Dodgers for family reasons but as a Rockies fan my head is already exploding from all the shitty Dodgers Fan takes about what a "long time coming" this was and all the years of adversity they've faced. Fuck you, you've won the division title every year since 2013, and only missed the post season five times since 2004. They've been one of the most dominant baseball teams of the millennium, even if it's been a while since they got the rings to show for it. Rockies fans would kill for the kind of "adversity" that Dodgers fans have had to deal with.

Also, I forgot that obviously most Dodgers fans are going to also be Lakers fans, who are the scum of the earth.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!