MLB 2020

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2020

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 9:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 8:43am
revbob wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 8:05am
The beginning of the end?

Marlins delay flight home to Miami due to fears of coronavirus outbreak among team.

..according to ESPN, at least four players tested positive for the coronavirus and have been quarantined in Philadelphia...

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/miami- ... 03692.html
I don't think anyone could have foreseen this happening. We certainly can't hold the overlords of baseball responsible.
All those guys who said fuck this Im sitting out must be feeling pretty good about this decision right about now.
Completely. Eduardo Rodriguez of the Red Sox contracted it and now, seemingly as an effect, has been diagnosed with a heart issue. It's goddamned stupid to be doing this—it ain't vital.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 9:17am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Marlins delay flight home to Miami due to fears of coronavirus outbreak among team.

..according to ESPN, at least four players tested positive for the coronavirus and have been quarantined in Philadelphia...

I don't think anyone could have foreseen this happening. We certainly can't hold the overlords of baseball responsible.
All those guys who said fuck this Im sitting out must be feeling pretty good about this decision right about now.
Completely. Eduardo Rodriguez of the Red Sox contracted it and now, seemingly as an effect, has been diagnosed with a heart issue. It's goddamned stupid to be doing this—it ain't vital.
Yeah it really doesn't seem like it was all well thought out in terms of how they would prevent catching and spreading it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 9:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 9:17am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Yeah it really doesn't seem like it was all well thought out in terms of how they would prevent catching and spreading it.
Owners wanted to get back to generating income, health of their employees be damned—just like any other industry at any time. Players never should have agreed to return. One of the strongest and most successful unions around and they botched this up.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Miami Marlins postpone game as coronavirus spreads.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/295 ... atform=amp

...Eight more players and two coaches with the Marlins have tested positive for the coronavirus, as an outbreak has spread throughout their clubhouse and brought the total cases in recent days to at least 14, sources familiar with the situation told ESPN.

The Marlins remain in Philadelphia and continue to undergo testing after their weekend series there...

...The Yankees begin a series in Philadelphia Monday night and would use the same clubhouse that the Marlins used...
Last edited by revbob on 27 Jul 2020, 11:17am, edited 1 time in total.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

need to get to sept 1 so the sox luxury tax resets....

( :shifty: )
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 11:15am
Miami Marlins postpone game as coronavirus spreads.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/295 ... atform=amp

...Eight more players and two coaches with the Marlins have tested positive for the coronavirus, as an outbreak has spread throughout their clubhouse and brought the total cases in recent days to at least 14, sources familiar with the situation told ESPN.

The Marlins remain in Philadelphia and continue to undergo testing after their weekend series there...

...The Yankees begin a series in Philadelphia Monday night and would use the same clubhouse that the Marlins used...
This season won't last through the week.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Game's already been cancelled.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 11:49am
revbob wrote:
Game's already been cancelled.
Ok that's a sane decision

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Just switch to video game baseball. Each team picks one dork to play their team's games online. Better yet, make each team's principal owner be the one to play. I'd dumpster-fire watch that for sure.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 12:41pm
Just switch to video game baseball. Each team picks one dork to play their team's games online. Better yet, make each team's principal owner be the one to play. I'd dumpster-fire watch that for sure.
Or just live stream from Bartolo's yacht, I'd watch that.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

what the fuck!!!
Major League Baseball issued a 113-page operations manual to all club employees before the start of the season. It outlines everything from on-field rules to testing procedures and what happens if a player tests positive. But Sunday afternoon, the status of the game amid a coronavirus outbreak was decided by a group text-message between Marlins players.
The Phillies were alerted Sunday morning about the Marlins’ situation and sent a text message to their players. They didn’t know exactly what Marlins players were positive, but told their team to take precautions. Bryce Harper wore a mask when he ran the bases. Rhys Hoskins had a mask on when he played first base.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 12:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

How much of baseball's popularity comes from people looking at the players and thinking, "My body's no worse than that guy. I could play baseball, too."

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 12:55pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 12:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

How much of baseball's popularity comes from people looking at the players and thinking, "My body's no worse than that guy. I could play baseball, too."
No doubt, a popular misconception.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 1:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 12:55pm
No doubt, a popular misconception.
In Moneyball, Billy Beane referred to Kevin Youkalis as "the Greek god of walks," to which Terry Francona said, "I've seen Youk in the shower. He's not the god of anything."