MLB 2020

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89314
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: MLB 2020

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 12:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 11:30am
If it means a high draft pick, tank the rest of these games.
Are the draft picks also contingent on the season making it to Sept. 1 like it is with the luxury tax reset?
Not a clue, tho I figure it can't hurt to tank.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 34929
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: MLB 2020

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 12:13pm
Flex wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 12:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 11:30am
If it means a high draft pick, tank the rest of these games.
Are the draft picks also contingent on the season making it to Sept. 1 like it is with the luxury tax reset?
Not a clue, tho I figure it can't hurt to tank.
Weirdest draft ever next tear when you pick players that haven't played since 2019
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 10401
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: MLB 2020

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Probably more appropriate in the death thread but I thought more folks would know Johnny Mac here. RIP and apologize to Billy Buck in heaven.

Image

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13056
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: MLB 2020

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 3:55pm
Probably more appropriate in the death thread but I thought more folks would know Johnny Mac here. RIP and apologize to Billy Buck in heaven.

Very cool.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29236
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: MLB 2020

Post by Flex »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 3:55pm
Probably more appropriate in the death thread but I thought more folks would know Johnny Mac here. RIP and apologize to Billy Buck in heaven.

/GordonEdes/status/1288562663807688704
Awesome, and RIP
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 34929
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: MLB 2020

Post by tepista »

RIP. Yes cool, but what's the alternative, you guys wait here and we'll bring a doggie bag? I'd like to hear a list of managers who did that.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13056
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: MLB 2020

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 4:24pm
RIP. Yes cool, but what's the alternative, you guys wait here and we'll bring a doggie bag? I'd like to hear a list of managers who did that.
Hmm, who was the BoSox manager at the time?

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89314
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: MLB 2020

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Not Johnny Mac's (or Billy Buck's) fault that Schiraldi and Stanley decided to offer up one of the greatest choke jobs in baseball history. 2003 was on Little; 1986 was not on JM.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13056
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: MLB 2020

Post by revbob »

Things continue to spiral down the shitter

https://theathletic.com/1963280/2020/07 ... tests/?amp

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 34929
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: MLB 2020

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 5:08pm
Things continue to spiral down the shitter

https://theathletic.com/1963280/2020/07 ... tests/?amp
Just cancel the East
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 34929
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: MLB 2020

Post by tepista »

Joe West gets racked in the fuckin face ona backswing, but maybe its a hoax
https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/202 ... -by-a-bat/
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13056
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: MLB 2020

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 5:42pm
Joe West gets racked in the fuckin face ona backswing, but maybe its a hoax
https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/202 ... -by-a-bat/
Good thing he was wearing a mask.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89314
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: MLB 2020

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 6:09pm
tepista wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 5:42pm
Joe West gets racked in the fuckin face ona backswing, but maybe its a hoax
https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/202 ... -by-a-bat/
Good thing he was wearing a mask.
Damn, I wanted to make a joke but after seeing the clip, no, even a fat blowhard doesn't deserve that.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 34929
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: MLB 2020

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 6:25pm
revbob wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 6:09pm
tepista wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 5:42pm
Joe West gets racked in the fuckin face ona backswing, but maybe its a hoax
https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/202 ... -by-a-bat/
Good thing he was wearing a mask.
Damn, I wanted to make a joke but after seeing the clip, no, even a fat blowhard doesn't deserve that.
Ugh, what's with you and monkey assistant, all the sudden everyone loves Joe West and the Astros!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89314
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: MLB 2020

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 6:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 6:25pm
revbob wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 6:09pm
tepista wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 5:42pm
Joe West gets racked in the fuckin face ona backswing, but maybe its a hoax
https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/202 ... -by-a-bat/
Good thing he was wearing a mask.
Damn, I wanted to make a joke but after seeing the clip, no, even a fat blowhard doesn't deserve that.
Ugh, what's with you and monkey assistant, all the sudden everyone loves Joe West and the Astros!
COVID, man. It, like, just makes you think and shit.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Post Reply