MLB 2020

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 35011
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: MLB 2020

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90270
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: MLB 2020

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A Jays fan friend tried to give me the gears a bit about the five-game series against Boston going on. I told him that the possibility of Toronto passing the Yankees plus the Red Sox getting the #1 draft pick has me a Jays fan this weekend.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 9682
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: MLB 2020

Post by Inder »


BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 10534
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: MLB 2020

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Image

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 9682
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: MLB 2020

Post by Inder »

😎

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13894
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: MLB 2020

Post by revbob »

Inder wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 9:48pm
😎
Thia is why Ratty isn't here anymore.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90270
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: MLB 2020

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Someone on SOSH said that the Yankees are 14-21 this year against teams not from Boston. If the Yankees make the playoffs, you're welcome.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13894
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: MLB 2020

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 10:44am
Someone on SOSH said that the Yankees are 14-21 this year against teams not from Boston. If the Yankees make the playoffs, you're welcome.
They have fallen apart this year with the injuries and the bullpen is for shit.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90270
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: MLB 2020

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 11:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 10:44am
Someone on SOSH said that the Yankees are 14-21 this year against teams not from Boston. If the Yankees make the playoffs, you're welcome.
They have fallen apart this year with the injuries and the bullpen is for shit.
Is Boone's job at risk if they bow out meekly in the postseason? (I assume they make the postseason because they just have to finish ahead of the Mariners and Baltimore.) Does Cashman do a minor teardown to retool? Like, Stanton and Judge are scary as hell when healthy, but the evidence is getting stronger that even getting a third of a season where each is healthy is the best you can hope for. Trading them would be ballsy as fuck, but would net a solid return, I would think. But Cashman has an allergy to making deals where the other side isn't left feeling abused, so I don't think he could trade players that good.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13894
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: MLB 2020

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 11:53am
revbob wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 11:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 10:44am
Someone on SOSH said that the Yankees are 14-21 this year against teams not from Boston. If the Yankees make the playoffs, you're welcome.
They have fallen apart this year with the injuries and the bullpen is for shit.
Is Boone's job at risk if they bow out meekly in the postseason? (I assume they make the postseason because they just have to finish ahead of the Mariners and Baltimore.) Does Cashman do a minor teardown to retool? Like, Stanton and Judge are scary as hell when healthy, but the evidence is getting stronger that even getting a third of a season where each is healthy is the best you can hope for. Trading them would be ballsy as fuck, but would net a solid return, I would think. But Cashman has an allergy to making deals where the other side isn't left feeling abused, so I don't think he could trade players that good.
Yeah, who knows. I would be okay trading Stanton but would like them to hold on to Judge and maybe start using him more as a DH or 1B

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90270
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: MLB 2020

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 12:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 11:53am
revbob wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 11:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 10:44am
Someone on SOSH said that the Yankees are 14-21 this year against teams not from Boston. If the Yankees make the playoffs, you're welcome.
They have fallen apart this year with the injuries and the bullpen is for shit.
Is Boone's job at risk if they bow out meekly in the postseason? (I assume they make the postseason because they just have to finish ahead of the Mariners and Baltimore.) Does Cashman do a minor teardown to retool? Like, Stanton and Judge are scary as hell when healthy, but the evidence is getting stronger that even getting a third of a season where each is healthy is the best you can hope for. Trading them would be ballsy as fuck, but would net a solid return, I would think. But Cashman has an allergy to making deals where the other side isn't left feeling abused, so I don't think he could trade players that good.
Yeah, who knows. I would be okay trading Stanton but would like them to hold on to Judge and maybe start using him more as a DH or 1B
If you want to get a sense of how shitty the Yankees are this season, if you take away the games the Yankees and Red Sox have played against each other this season—i.e., their record against the rest of the leagues—the Yankees are 14–21 and the Red Sox are 15-22. So basically the same outhouse.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13894
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: MLB 2020

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 1:31pm
revbob wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 12:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 11:53am
revbob wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 11:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 10:44am
Someone on SOSH said that the Yankees are 14-21 this year against teams not from Boston. If the Yankees make the playoffs, you're welcome.
They have fallen apart this year with the injuries and the bullpen is for shit.
Is Boone's job at risk if they bow out meekly in the postseason? (I assume they make the postseason because they just have to finish ahead of the Mariners and Baltimore.) Does Cashman do a minor teardown to retool? Like, Stanton and Judge are scary as hell when healthy, but the evidence is getting stronger that even getting a third of a season where each is healthy is the best you can hope for. Trading them would be ballsy as fuck, but would net a solid return, I would think. But Cashman has an allergy to making deals where the other side isn't left feeling abused, so I don't think he could trade players that good.
Yeah, who knows. I would be okay trading Stanton but would like them to hold on to Judge and maybe start using him more as a DH or 1B
If you want to get a sense of how shitty the Yankees are this season, if you take away the games the Yankees and Red Sox have played against each other this season—i.e., their record against the rest of the leagues—the Yankees are 14–21 and the Red Sox are 15-22. So basically the same outhouse.
Started strong and have since fizzled.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/nyy

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13894
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: MLB 2020

Post by revbob »

DJ LeFlex, Voit and Frazier are the only ones hitting worth a damn. And DJ is 90 points better than the other two.

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 35011
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: MLB 2020

Post by tepista »

the Rays are starting 9 left handed bats today, 1st time in MLB history
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13894
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: MLB 2020

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
11 Sep 2020, 4:18pm
the Rays are starting 9 left handed bats today, 1st time in MLB history
This would mean more if they were still the Devil Rays.

Post Reply