Let me pick your brain

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Let me pick your brain

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
12 Jan 2020, 11:23am
Mimi wrote:
12 Jan 2020, 11:08am
Okay. It's all over the map.

Does the title Princess bring any erotic connotations? I had book once slip right on into the erotica category on Amazon because of the title.
No quite the opposite. When I think of the terms of princess and princesses I think of all those poor little girls being fed that Disney crap about princesses.
Yeah, I immediately have the chaste Disney image pop in my head.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
12 Jan 2020, 11:26am
revbob wrote:
12 Jan 2020, 11:23am
Mimi wrote:
12 Jan 2020, 11:08am
Okay. It's all over the map.

Does the title Princess bring any erotic connotations? I had book once slip right on into the erotica category on Amazon because of the title.
No quite the opposite. When I think of the terms of princess and princesses I think of all those poor little girls being fed that Disney crap about princesses.
Well, this is a young adult psychological thriller. The father of the main character calls her princess and well...she's far from it. Although she is a spoiled rich girl.
Either way that ain't erotica... this is erotica just as Flex he owns the whole series

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Chad! What are you doing? :scared:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
12 Jan 2020, 11:26am
Well, this is a young adult psychological thriller. The father of the main character calls her princess and well...she's far from it. Although she is a spoiled rich girl.
Totally tangential, but the Boss and I still recall this with a shudder. At one of my nephews' wedding, the father of the bride gave his toast and reflected on going into her room and watching her sleep. It was meant as a fond memory about how in awe he was of his little girl but it came off as super skeevy. Everyone at our table gave similar horrified looks at each other.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Lacey Noonan is a mutual follow on Twitter (or was anyways). True story.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 11:53am
Immediate thought is of a grizzled old pilot. Where it might go from there, tho, I don't have any idea.

Second thought is that horrible Mr. Mister song "Broken Wings." Hopefully I'm in a minority there.
That's the first thing that came to my mind. Which sucks, not only because that song is an abomination, but because Mimi's writing is so much better than this.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 5:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Immediate thought is of a grizzled old pilot. Where it might go from there, tho, I don't have any idea.

Second thought is that horrible Mr. Mister song "Broken Wings." Hopefully I'm in a minority there.
That's the first thing that came to my mind. Which sucks, not only because that song is an abomination, but because Mimi's writing is so much better than this.
:kiss:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 5:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I never even thought of that stupid song and I blame Doc for that stupid song getting in my head. I had to detox by listening to Slayer at really high volume.

As for the title... Rusted Wings would lead me away from the fantasy genre because it makes me think of metal wings of an aircraft.