Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Kory »

Good luck Jenny and family. Maggie wound up having to take a teaching job for kid's dance classes so we'll see what happens there. It's that or the electricity gets shut off. What a great country.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 12:40pm
Good luck Jenny and family. Maggie wound up having to take a teaching job for kid's dance classes so we'll see what happens there. It's that or the electricity gets shut off. What a great country.
I assume that means a lot of physical contact. Jesus Christ, the choices some people are making that are forcing others to make.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 12:43pm
Kory wrote:
I assume that means a lot of physical contact. Jesus Christ, the choices some people are making that are forcing others to make.
I'm told there won't be any contact and distancing can be done. But still, to be in the same room all day isn't ideal. I just hope those recent studies suggesting that your blood type makes the need for hospitalization more likely aren't conclusive, 'cos I'm fucked if so.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 12:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
I'm told there won't be any contact and distancing can be done. But still, to be in the same room all day isn't ideal. I just hope those recent studies suggesting that your blood type makes the need for hospitalization more likely aren't conclusive, 'cos I'm fucked if so.
I'm counting on my O+ to give me the edge that the rest of my genetics failed to do.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 1:04pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
I'm counting on my O+ to give me the edge that the rest of my genetics failed to do.
This is potentially promising: https://hms.harvard.edu/news/covid-19-blood-type

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 1:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
How is that promising for me? I'm losing my edge!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
Thanks everyone. Also, I hate this fucking country.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Keeping fingers crossed for her. This whole thing is just a shitshow.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 5:12pm
Please, Jesus, take this clown: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/2 ... rus-386076
"But footage from before the hearing shows Gohmert and Barr walking together in close contact, with neither wearing a mask."

This guy is an utter piece of shit.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 10:55am
JennyB wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 10:23am
Evidently, the health department and the doctor's group at the synagogue (shocking that there's a doctor's group at a synagogue, I know) said the camp can go on, just not with VH, jr.'s group. We have been very careful otherwise ourselves, but I think this was a big eye opener.
Obligatory joke: Their mothers must be so proud!

More serious: Odds are still good for y'all, but fingers crossed and positive thoughts for you and your family.
True story about the only time I’ve ever been to temple. I went on Passover with Ali and her mother to a very upscale synagogue right in one of the richest parts of Chicago. An old gentleman collapsed, and I got to actually hear someone say “is there a doctor in the house?” In quick succession 2-3 people leap to their feet to say “I’m a Doctor!” followed a beat later by “...I’m a dentist...”

True story. Hand to G-d.

Later, Ali and I joked that half the mothers there stared at the sons who chose an arts degree coldly.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 6:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 10:55am
JennyB wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 10:23am
Evidently, the health department and the doctor's group at the synagogue (shocking that there's a doctor's group at a synagogue, I know) said the camp can go on, just not with VH, jr.'s group. We have been very careful otherwise ourselves, but I think this was a big eye opener.
Obligatory joke: Their mothers must be so proud!

More serious: Odds are still good for y'all, but fingers crossed and positive thoughts for you and your family.
True story about the only time I’ve ever been to temple. I went on Passover with Ali and her mother to a very upscale synagogue right in one of the richest parts of Chicago. An old gentleman collapsed, and I got to actually hear someone say “is there a doctor in the house?” In quick succession 2-3 people leap to their feet to say “I’m a Doctor!” followed a beat later by “...I’m a dentist...”

True story. Hand to G-d.

Later, Ali and I joked that half the mothers there stared at the sons who chose an arts degree coldly.
:lol: There's that extra zing to a comedic situation when stereotypes just sync up perfectly.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 2:30pm
Kory wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 1:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

How is that promising for me? I'm losing my edge!
Hello,

Sorry to throw this up here late - but you brought it up!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I see numbers are creeping back up in Mass. Stay safe Beaneater.