Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by WestwayKid »

This is pretty great.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

drowninghere wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 10:18am
Wolter wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 9:25am
WestwayKid wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 9:20am
Wolter wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 8:55am
Van Morrison joins Ian Brown and Noel Gallagher on the list of Musicians I Currently Feel 100% Justified In Never Liking.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment- ... I8iSXTDNNk
Van the Man has long been one of those cases of separating the art from the artist for me...because he's always come across as a major ass. I love his music, but don't care too much for him.
Thankfully, I find his music absolutely boring, overrated crap. Saves me the trouble.
Who would have thought Liam would come across looking like the smart one amongst those three or, indeed, any three?
Jamaica's best hockey team.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

My company just laid off 29 people (15%). I made it through this time, but that's a big, scary chunk.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 5:37pm
My company just laid off 29 people (15%). I made it through this time, but that's a big, scary chunk.
Yikes, that's rough. But obviously I'm relieved for you.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Kory wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 5:37pm
That's awful

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Yeah quite a shock. There was some talk from our new CEO that they were looking at the 3-year plan so I got the sense that maybe something was coming up but I wasn't expecting it to be so soon or so large.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 6:26pm
Yeah quite a shock. There was some talk from our new CEO that they were looking at the 3-year plan so I got the sense that maybe something was coming up but I wasn't expecting it to be so soon or so large.
Yeah this stuff sucks. Hang in there Kory and if possible look for places to land if needed.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 6:26pm
That sucks. Keeping fingers crossed for you.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Thanks, all. Around me, a new job basically means Amazon or Google or Facebook, etc etc etc. I'm (still) lucky to work for a pretty big nonprofit that pays enough to live in this city, and I'm not interested in corporate work. I think if I lose it I might go back to school to fill in the coding skills I'm missing and hopefully find something where I wouldn't have to work 60 hour weeks.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
01 Oct 2020, 2:25pm
Thanks, all. Around me, a new job basically means Amazon or Google or Facebook, etc etc etc. I'm (still) lucky to work for a pretty big nonprofit that pays enough to live in this city, and I'm not interested in corporate work. I think if I lose it I might go back to school to fill in the coding skills I'm missing and hopefully find something where I wouldn't have to work 60 hour weeks.
Someone's not a go getter... :shifty:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
01 Oct 2020, 2:40pm
Kory wrote:
Pretty much. I like to find a job where I can be at a senior level but still pass the buck. I have too many other more important interests in life to have to worry about my job after 5 pm.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
01 Oct 2020, 2:51pm
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
Pretty much. I like to find a job where I can be at a senior level but still pass the buck. I have too many other more important interests in life to have to worry about my job after 5 pm.
Randians have a word for you: parasite.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Oct 2020, 3:08pm
Kory wrote:
01 Oct 2020, 2:51pm
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
Randians have a word for you: parasite.
Any day I can piss off a Randian is a good day.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Sucks kp, keeping fingers crossed for ya.

The missus just found out yesterday that her entire marketing department (for a publicly traded company) has been completely gutted. Almost everyone out. She's one of about four total employees out of hundreds in our area given the option to stay put, with expanded responsibilities and a salary cut. Even with all this uncertainty, we're probably gonna just take the severance package and gtfo.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!