Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 3:45pm
Kory wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 2:41pm
matedog wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 1:15pm
Kory wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 5:07pm
Just found out my favorite restaurant of all time is closing at the end of the month. It was a great place, each month they would switch their menu, which made it super fun to keep coming back to. From their site:
Each month we will be focusing on a different cuisine from around the world that have been influenced by the African diaspora and sharing with you a little history behind each one. We will translate this into dishes and flavors that reflect what we love and have learned about the food and culture.
Over the pandemic alone, the menu went through Jamaica, Haiti, Brazil, Morocco, Trinidad, and Louisiana, each one also featuring a Spotify playlist that you could follow that featured music from each country. I'm going to miss it a lot, and the sting is worse because it was a Saturday night ritual for me and Maggie, and now I won't have either of them around.
Dang, that does sound like a really cool spot. Sorry to hear.
Trying to see a silver lining here, it does give me a chance to try and match the recipe for this super good black bean hummus they make there.
The secret ingredient is Kraft Thousand Island dressing!
Hello,

I disagree. The secret ingredient is beer - it's always beer.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 3:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:
Kory wrote:
Just found out my favorite restaurant of all time is closing at the end of the month. It was a great place, each month they would switch their menu, which made it super fun to keep coming back to. From their site:

Over the pandemic alone, the menu went through Jamaica, Haiti, Brazil, Morocco, Trinidad, and Louisiana, each one also featuring a Spotify playlist that you could follow that featured music from each country. I'm going to miss it a lot, and the sting is worse because it was a Saturday night ritual for me and Maggie, and now I won't have either of them around.
Trying to see a silver lining here, it does give me a chance to try and match the recipe for this super good black bean hummus they make there.
Hello,

I disagree. The secret ingredient is beer - it's always beer.
Kraft beer? Kraft makes beer? Kraft BBQ beer!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:
Kory wrote:
Each month we will be focusing on a different cuisine from around the world that have been influenced by the African diaspora and sharing with you a little history behind each one. We will translate this into dishes and flavors that reflect what we love and have learned about the food and culture.
*HoRkK*
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:
Kory wrote:
Black bean hummus sounds like a delicious red sauce replacement on a tasty west coast pizza. :cool:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 5:06pm
Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:
Kory wrote:
Black bean hummus sounds like a delicious red sauce replacement on a tasty west coast pizza. :cool:
Ooh yeah, add some grated carrot to the top, and some red grapes.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 6:27pm
matedog wrote:
Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:
Kory wrote:

"We had to destroy the village to save it." Kory & Hoy on pizza.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 6:29pm
Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:
Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:

Life's too short not to try everything twice.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 6:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:
Kory wrote:

Life's also too short to ruin verifiably good things like pizza.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 6:46pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:

Standard pizza still exists and I can get it anytime. You guys can think of what me and Andrew eat as flatbread, if it helps.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 2:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Standard pizza still exists and I can get it anytime. You guys can think of what me and Andrew eat as flatbread, if it helps.
I can still be contemptuous, tho, right?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

I was going to make the same distinction.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 2:23pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'd never dream of taking that away from you.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 2:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

I don't want to live in a world where I can't look cockeyed at your conception of pizza. All those crimes committed in the name of the war on terrorism have to be worth it for something, dagnabbit!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 2:53pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I don't want to live in a world where I can't look cockeyed at your conception of pizza. All those crimes committed in the name of the war on terrorism have to be worth it for something, dagnabbit!
Pizza Terrorist is kind of a cool name.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 3:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 2:53pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Pizza Terrorist is kind of a cool name.
GIS never lets me down: