Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 11:29am
Well it's about time....shocking to hear this from a Republican governor, I just wonder why it took so long for her to reach this conclusion.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/2 ... ons-500638
“What happens if my voters die off before the next election?”
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Once again, Charles Darwin approves.

https://www.businessinsider.com/conserv ... ill-2021-7
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 3:42pm

Weird how one's perspective changes when it's no longer abstract fun and games that might happen to others. That simultaneous solipsism and alienation that contemporary culture encourages.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 4:10pm
Sparky wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 3:42pm

Weird how one's perspective changes when it's no longer abstract fun and games that might happen to others. That simultaneous solipsism and alienation that contemporary culture encourages.
The more deranged people are the ones who get a serious case (or a member of their family does) and still don't change there mind about the vax. Just genuine inhuman scum at that point.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Family says conservative radio host has changed his tune on vaccines after he was hospitalized with Covid-19

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/23/us/radio ... index.html

Also people wanting do overs...

Hospitalized Covid-19 patients are asking for the vaccine -- when it's too late, two health care workers say

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/22/health/h ... index.html

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 8:22pm
Family says conservative radio host has changed his tune on vaccines after he was hospitalized with Covid-19

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/23/us/radio ... index.html

Also people wanting do overs...

Hospitalized Covid-19 patients are asking for the vaccine -- when it's too late, two health care workers say

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/22/health/h ... index.html
Almost like apologizing when you're already handcuffed in the backseat of a police car!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

My dad just called me to say he and his wife are getting vaccinated finally, so that was a bit of good news.They wanted to "wait a little longer to see how bad other people's side effects are," but I think they starting realizing how old they are and noticing that everybody else around them is getting pretty bold about going out.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kory wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 2:48pm
My dad just called me to say he and his wife are getting vaccinated finally, so that was a bit of good news.They wanted to "wait a little longer to see how bad other people's side effects are," but I think they starting realizing how old they are and noticing that everybody else around them is getting pretty bold about going out.
That's great news Kory, I'm sure that's a great relief for you, I know it was for us when our parents got their shots.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Sparky wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 3:00pm
Kory wrote:
That's great news Kory, I'm sure that's a great relief for you, I know it was for us when our parents got their shots.
Yeah it's nice once in a while to get even a small bit of evidence that they haven't become total whackjobs.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Great to hear. Part of being social creatures does mean that a significant number of us take a *lot* of cues from others.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 3:38pm
Kory wrote:
Great to hear. Part of being social creatures does mean that a significant number of us take a *lot* of cues from others.
I'd have said he should take his cues from me but he thinks I'm an evil libtard.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 6:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
I'd have said he should take his cues from me but he thinks I'm an evil libtard.
You're not? Or do you prefer evil Commie?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Yeah but is he wrong?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 7:27pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Yeah but is he wrong?
I'm definitely evil but if anyone thinks I'm a liberal, I'll punch them in the teeth.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Masks are making a comeback.