Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by FarawayTowns »

I find it difficult to comprehend why some people feel so strongly about masks. This is just beyond the pale.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

FarawayTowns wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 10:41am
I find it difficult to comprehend why some people feel so strongly about masks. This is just beyond the pale.

It's a little piece of cloth, not being sent to the gulag. These fuckers.

My organization is also taking part in a press conference today in support of Dr. Khan.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 6:28am
Kory wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 12:31am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 7:05pm
Kory wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 6:50pm
Delta! A bunch of Seattle places are requiring proof of vaccination on entry as of today. We're never going to be out of this.
Given that those who are contracting it are almost exclusively the unvaccinated—and presumably the bulk of those are mouthbreathingly by choice—it clears out some deeply regressive parts of the population. I know that sounds brutal (and I try not to respond to these things so emotionally), but now that we actually have vaccines, my tolerance and sympathy is nil. If people would rather die than let the lib'ruls win, fine, get out of the way.
I'm just predicting another lockdown thanks to these idiots, which only helps them survive to extend this reality the next time they're allowed back outside.
You need to move to Alberta. Things are worsening there, so they've decided the proper course is to end all restrictions. Extermination is a strategy, I'll grant that.
There was a time that I might have wound up in Edmonton. I'm eternally grateful that didn't happen.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 12:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 6:50pm
Delta! A bunch of Seattle places are requiring proof of vaccination on entry as of today. We're never going to be out of this.
Given that those who are contracting it are almost exclusively the unvaccinated—and presumably the bulk of those are mouthbreathingly by choice—it clears out some deeply regressive parts of the population. I know that sounds brutal (and I try not to respond to these things so emotionally), but now that we actually have vaccines, my tolerance and sympathy is nil. If people would rather die than let the lib'ruls win, fine, get out of the way.
I'm just predicting another lockdown thanks to these idiots, which only helps them survive to extend this reality the next time they're allowed back outside.
You need to move to Alberta. Things are worsening there, so they've decided the proper course is to end all restrictions. Extermination is a strategy, I'll grant that.
There was a time that I might have wound up in Edmonton. I'm eternally grateful that didn't happen.
Several years ago, the Boss was recruited to apply for a dean's position at uAlberta. She did for the hell of it. The person who got the job, a friend of hers, is now looking to get out of the province. It's just a cesspool of a province, and Edmonton is a relative oasis.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 12:41pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Several years ago, the Boss was recruited to apply for a dean's position at uAlberta. She did for the hell of it. The person who got the job, a friend of hers, is now looking to get out of the province. It's just a cesspool of a province, and Edmonton is a relative oasis.
I'd have been splitting my time between there and Calgary, which I have actually been to. Surprisingly good food, and then an arena shaped like a goddamn saddle.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 1:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 12:41pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

I'd have been splitting my time between there and Calgary, which I have actually been to. Surprisingly good food, and then an arena shaped like a goddamn saddle.
Despite being the corporate home of the province's oil industry, C is surprisingly progressive (a really large openly gay community, for one thing). Its mayor is an Indian liberal who has been among the most popular in the country for a decade (if he chooses to go into federal politics, he'd be a significant Liberal figure). But leave city limits and its Deliverance in toques.

FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by FarawayTowns »

JennyB wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 11:27am
FarawayTowns wrote:

My organization is also taking part in a press conference today in support of Dr. Khan.
It's bad enough in the UK. Last Saturday at the anti vaxers rally in London a speaker called for a Nuremberg trial for doctors & nurses.
It appears to me that being a libertarian has become equated with stupidity.
Your organisation is doing a good thing supporting Dr Khan.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

FarawayTowns wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 2:30pm
When your values become a suicide pact, the sensible person starts to reconsider things.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

FarawayTowns wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 2:30pm
JennyB wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 11:27am
FarawayTowns wrote:

It's bad enough in the UK. Last Saturday at the anti vaxers rally in London a speaker called for a Nuremberg trial for doctors & nurses.
Your organisation is doing a good thing supporting Dr Khan.
It's absolutely insane.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

So back in April the governor of Arkansas signed in to law a bill that prohibited local and state mask mandates. Today he's saying he wished he hadn't done so, but there's nothing he can do to change it now, it's up to the state legislature to amend it, or to deem it unconstitutional.
Typical slippery GOP politician speak in my opinion.

https://www.newsweek.com/arkansas-gover ... ge-1615904
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 8:19pm
So back in April the governor of Arkansas signed in to law a bill that prohibited local and state mask mandates. Today he's saying he wished he hadn't done so, but there's nothing he can do to change it now, it's up to the state legislature to amend it, or to deem it unconstitutional.

Yeah, boo hoo. If you'd listened to expert advice instead of political weasels and business interests, you wouldn't have done something so stupid. Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 8:27pm
Sparky wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 8:19pm

Yeah, boo hoo. If you'd listened to expert advice instead of political weasels and business interests, you wouldn't have done something so stupid. Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.
These people made their bed. Fuck them.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 10:45pm
I'd say that except these fuckers are letting new viruses incubate and spread back to the rest of us.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Flex wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 11:09pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 10:45pm
I'd say that except these fuckers are letting new viruses incubate and spread back to the rest of us.
Yup, that's why I welcome any and all way to discriminate against their whack ass decision. The cure for these types, whether it's the virus or the fascism, is to ostracize them from the public sphere. There's a whole lot of civilization-free wilderness out there and they are more than welcome to exit society. I hate a lot of things, especially my fellow humans. I can put that aside in trade for the privilege of living within our flawed civilization. At some point you decide if you're in or you're out. Should every kook have their bullshit heard by the Supreme Court?

I'll get a government tattoo to separate from these people.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Looks like they're going to be forcing us back into the office in some capacity next month. Time for productivity to go way down.