Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 2:11pm
revbob wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 2:07pm
Pffft copper. Colloidal silver or GTFO!!
I would bet $100 that Schilling was on the copper scamwagon back in the day. So many pro athletes were hyping that dumb shit, and it has that combination of edgy and stupid that is pure Schilling.
I teased my wife a couple of years ago for buying a pair of copper socks for her foot pain issues. Every time we see one of those copper cloth masks I ask her about the socks, she's got no idea what she did with them. Ahh, money well spent.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 5:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I would bet $100 that Schilling was on the copper scamwagon back in the day. So many pro athletes were hyping that dumb shit, and it has that combination of edgy and stupid that is pure Schilling.
I teased my wife a couple of years ago for buying a pair of copper socks for her foot pain issues. Every time we see one of those copper cloth masks I ask her about the socks, she's got no idea what she did with them. Ahh, money well spent.
Presumably, a Heisman award winner stole them from her.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 5:44pm
Sparky wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 5:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Presumably, a Heisman award winner stole them from her.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I've mentioned this before, but I've always understood the libertarian argument, broadly stated, to be that individuals don't need a nanny state to behave sociably. We're adults and can behave properly to one another without Big Govt telling us what to do. The pandemic has given strong evidence to the contrary, that tons of people who hate guv'mint are just plain selfish to the point of being contemptuous of fellow citizens.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 2:02pm
I've mentioned this before, but I've always understood the libertarian argument, broadly stated, to be that individuals don't need a nanny state to behave sociably. We're adults and can behave properly to one another without Big Govt telling us what to do. The pandemic has given strong evidence to the contrary, that tons of people who hate guv'mint are just plain selfish to the point of being contemptuous of fellow citizens.
Yeah... the pandemic has certainly changed a few of my underlying assumptions about social organization.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Additional (timely) point about the above. The other day NPR had a story about how Sotomayor, who's diabetic and high risk, can only participate in SC sessions remotely because Gorsuch, sitting beside her, refuses to wear a mask. It's your fucking colleague and someone at high risk, you selfish dick. Like, isn't that minimal courtesy, to wear a mask?

FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by FarawayTowns »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Spot on this was my understanding as well. Now I really have little time for the selfishness of libertarians. Although I do question whether my age is a contributor in changing my perspective in so much that there behaviour potentially increases the risk to my health and others.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 2:14pm
Additional (timely) point about the above. The other day NPR had a story about how Sotomayor, who's diabetic and high risk, can only participate in SC sessions remotely because Gorsuch, sitting beside her, refuses to wear a mask. It's your fucking colleague and someone at high risk, you selfish dick. Like, isn't that minimal courtesy, to wear a mask?
I read that article as well, complete dickhead move on Gorsuch part. Have some compassion for your fellow man and colleague, geez.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 4:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I read that article as well, complete dickhead move on Gorsuch part. Have some compassion for your fellow man and colleague, geez.
But … but … he might be inconvenienced. You know who else inconvenienced people? The Nazis.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah and neighbor helping neighbor. Unless the neighbor is not white and not christian.

That's one of those bullshit statements Im always hearing.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 7:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah and neighbor helping neighbor. Unless the neighbor is not white and not christian.

That's one of those bullshit statements Im always hearing.
Gorsuch was nominated for the SC by Trump, enough said.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Not at all surprising, but god, what an absolute dick.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Flex wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 2:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah... the pandemic has certainly changed a few of my underlying assumptions about social organization.
Flex is now a Juche Communist.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/