Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Mimi »

matedog wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 4:44pm
Thanks everyone. As frustrating as it is (I foolishly thought I was "better" than those that got it), it could always be worse and I'm fortunate for it not hitting me hard and us staying well with work throughout the last 9 months.
Just curious, did you get the rapid test or the one they send out?

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Mimi wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 5:24pm
matedog wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 4:44pm
Thanks everyone. As frustrating as it is (I foolishly thought I was "better" than those that got it), it could always be worse and I'm fortunate for it not hitting me hard and us staying well with work throughout the last 9 months.
Just curious, did you get the rapid test or the one they send out?
It was the non rapid one. I asked about false negatives and retesting and they said it wasn’t worth it.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

matedog wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 11:07am
Best wishes marky. I hope he starts feeling better real soon. That’s scary as shit with those symptoms.

I got tested two days ago to confirm I was stu negative. Between my wife and I, we got tested three times in December solely to be extra precautious around the holiday. Sure enough, it came back positive. Fortunately, I have no symptoms. Wife and kid are getting tested today. Daughter has a cough at night but that could be seasonal since she’s had that before this time of year.

I’m racking my brains on how the hell I could have gotten it and all signs are pointing to Christmas with the in laws. That was the only massless extended indoor hangout. Everyone (there were seven of us) was supposed to have quarantined and got tested but only we did. So now they are all getting tested. Beyond that, I’ve been in two buildings for less than five minutes, masked, in the last two weeks.
Oh shit. Take care.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

I'm just catching up on this thread, apologies for missing what has been a lot of posts for obvious reasons - hope everyone affected is soon on the mend, and their loved ones are safe. What a start to the new year.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Shit Andrew, take care. Hope it's a big nothing for you and the family. And holy smokes how do your in laws now follow through or call off a gathering if they couldn't/wouldn't quarantine.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Get well everyone and their kids!

gkbill, love the fart story.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Careful out there everyone! I'm sorry but sadly not surprised to hear that it is affecting our little internet community. I feel like we still have another year of this to get through and it's depressing as hell.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 10:18pm
Shit Andrew, take care. Hope it's a big nothing for you and the family. And holy smokes how do your in laws now follow through or call off a gathering if they couldn't/wouldn't quarantine.
We had a lot of talks. We called off thanksgiving. Went through with Christmas with the wife getting tested but called off the sister in law visiting since her bf who she was spending Christmas Eve with’s sister was potentially exposed. So it’s either the mother in law still working in an office or the nice but right wing slightly nutty uncle who showed up unexpectedly and hung out for like three hours (masked but inside) talking about the neighbor in his apartment building having Covid.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
03 Jan 2021, 2:15am
Flex wrote:
We had a lot of talks. We called off thanksgiving. Went through with Christmas with the wife getting tested but called off the sister in law visiting since her bf who she was spending Christmas Eve with’s sister was potentially exposed. So it’s either the mother in law still working in an office or the nice but right wing slightly nutty uncle who showed up unexpectedly and hung out for like three hours (masked but inside) talking about the neighbor in his apartment building having Covid.
Are you, wife and daughter still symptom free?

matedog

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
03 Jan 2021, 8:56am
matedog wrote:
Flex wrote:
Daughter has had a night time cough for a couple weeks but hard to tell as she had that last winter. Otherwise, as of this morning yes. They just got tested yesterday so we will hopefully get results today.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
03 Jan 2021, 1:21pm
revbob wrote:
matedog wrote:
Flex wrote:
Daughter has had a night time cough for a couple weeks but hard to tell as she had that last winter. Otherwise, as of this morning yes. They just got tested yesterday so we will hopefully get results today.
Yeah hopefully your daughter's cough is just one of those kid things and you all come thru this ok.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 Jan 2021, 1:54pm
matedog wrote:
03 Jan 2021, 1:21pm
revbob wrote:
matedog wrote:
Flex wrote:
Yeah hopefully your daughter's cough is just one of those kid things and you all come thru this ok.
Especially as covid manifesting in the young is quite rare. Sensible to be concerned, of course, but odds are well in your favour that she's not infected.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog

Post by matedog »

Wife and daughter both tested negative which is good, but now I have no idea what to do. It would have been almost easier if they were positive (and asymptomatic).

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 12:10am
Wife and daughter both tested negative which is good, but now I have no idea what to do. It would have been almost easier if they were positive (and asymptomatic).
That's excellent for the rest of your family. So are you supposed to isolate yourself in one part of the house? I don't know the protocols for one family member being positive.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

matedog wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 12:10am
Sleep in a separate room, wear a mask around the house, keep your distance as much as possible, get retested soon.