Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Kimmelweck »

Inder wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 12:26am
Holy shit that’s creepy. Did 100-meter-tall alien war machines march down the street right afterwards? That’s the stuff of nightmares. :lol:

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

I finished my isolation and am back home. Wife and daughter never tested positive but still have to isolate a few more days. I never had any symptoms and was lucky to have a place to isolate.

I’m hoping to get an antibody test some day as a way to confirm I did in fact have it, but will wait a bit.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 9:15pm
I finished my isolation and am back home. Wife and daughter never tested positive but still have to isolate a few more days. I never had any symptoms and was lucky to have a place to isolate.

I’m hoping to get an antibody test some day as a way to confirm I did in fact have it, but will wait a bit.
Congrats, including surviving your time in a remote cabin with a crazed killer on the loose.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:

Glad to hear it. It would really be good to know why some people exhibit no symptoms.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

matedog wrote:

I'm happy for you. How was your health over this whole episode? Were you under the weather at all?

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

matedog wrote:

Great news!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Great news, matey! Glad to hear it.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

matedog

Post by matedog »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 11:08pm
matedog wrote:

I'm happy for you. How was your health over this whole episode? Were you under the weather at all?
Nope, no symptoms. Well, when I found out I tested positive, all of sudden every little discomfort was some raging symptom. But in reality, I coughed maybe five times in the ten days which is probably on par for healthy Matey.

I'm going to wait a couple days and go for a run to see how I'm holding up. I think I mentioned, but the day before my positive test, I had a very strong time on my six mile run in the hills. So cardiovascularly, I was fine right before the test.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

matedog wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 10:51am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
matedog wrote:

Nope, no symptoms. Well, when I found out I tested positive, all of sudden every little discomfort was some raging symptom. But in reality, I coughed maybe five times in the ten days which is probably on par for healthy Matey.

I'm going to wait a couple days and go for a run to see how I'm holding up. I think I mentioned, but the day before my positive test, I had a very strong time on my six mile run in the hills. So cardiovascularly, I was fine right before the test.
Great news. All that brown rice paid off.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

matedog wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
matedog wrote:

My friend here just went through the same thing. He said it was a solid week of paranoid.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 11:36am
matedog wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
matedog wrote:

My friend here just went through the same thing. He said it was a solid week of paranoid.
Well last week was the 50th anniversary of its release :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
matedog wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
matedog wrote:

Last weekend I picked up some kind of bug that for about a day left me with the worst case of vertigo I'd ever experienced. Stumbling around, grabbing onto furniture, staying low as possible. The Boss immediately assumed I'd gotten the rona until she read that vertigo isn't one of the symptoms. And then I was fine the next day. She's been kind of uncomfortable the past ten months in assuming the worst in even the most innocuous experiences.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 11:57am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
matedog wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
matedog wrote:

Last weekend I picked up some kind of bug that for about a day left me with the worst case of vertigo I'd ever experienced. Stumbling around, grabbing onto furniture, staying low as possible. The Boss immediately assumed I'd gotten the rona until she read that vertigo isn't one of the symptoms. And then I was fine the next day. She's been kind of uncomfortable the past ten months in assuming the worst in even the most innocuous experiences.
Oof, loss of equilibrium is so awful. You just want to throw up and it's all in your head and there's no relief that you have control over.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

matedog wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
matedog wrote:

Hello,

I think I've stated this elsewhere but when my son tested positive, he ran 90 minutes of full field (120 yards) sprints every morning. His only issues were lack of smell and taste. He ran every morning until he got 2 negative tests - which meant he had to go back to work.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

How's your son doing, Mark?
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/