Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Silent Majority »

I was all ready to start enjoying the summer sunshine, maybe mixing with some people again. I'd had a few beers down a couple of pubs. But this ridiculous choice to remove all restrictions while cases soar is going to fuck it but good. Now, I'm going to stay the hell in and wait for the shit to start going down. Got my second vaccination expedited by three weeks, but I think this shithole of a country is going to start undoing the good work of the vaccines by ripping a bunch of new, tougher variants loose. Had a nightmare this week, know what it was about? I was trapped on a packed, sunny beach. Ridiculous.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 7:34am
I was all ready to start enjoying the summer sunshine, maybe mixing with some people again. I'd had a few beers down a couple of pubs. But this ridiculous choice to remove all restrictions while cases soar is going to fuck it but good. Now, I'm going to stay the hell in and wait for the shit to start going down. Got my second vaccination expedited by three weeks, but I think this shithole of a country is going to start undoing the good work of the vaccines by ripping a bunch of new, tougher variants loose. Had a nightmare this week, know what it was about? I was trapped on a packed, sunny beach. Ridiculous.
Every word of the above.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Saw a story yesterday where the US Surgeon General said that most—a majority—of unvaccinated Americans will become infected with delta because it is so contagious and that it'd be the worst virus they'd experience in their lives. I don't lack any kind of expertise (to put it mildly) to assess whether any of that is alarmist, but it's one fuck of a cold splash of water.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Silent Majority wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 7:34am
Yeah these variants are pretty worrying. In about 2-3 months when the weather starts getting shittier here I wouldn’t be surprised if we are right back where we started but with a deadlier strain. I’m fully vaxxed but I’ll be avoiding crowds for the foreseeable future until more is known about this Delta shit, which is supposed to be like 6-8 times more contagious. Not sure how my crazy country will react to going back to masks and restrictions, but I don’t think it will be pretty. If it weren't for the anti-vaxxers and complainers we could have this shit wiped out by now. Instead, they are a breeding ground for worse strains.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and for the first time in a year and a half I had a lady in line who butted up right behind me, like a foot back. I was instantly uncomfortable. Rather than tell her “hey, step the fuck back you plague rat!”, which was my first instinct, I instead remarked that she had an armload of items and said why don’t you go ahead of me. She thanked me and then butted up to the next person in line, while I stood 6 feet back from her. Some people are absolutely clueless. :rolleyes:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

We've already had the Sunak variant (after eat out to help out last year) and the Johnson variant currently ripping through the population, any guesses what might be next? The Gove variant sounds particularly nasty and undesirable. Seriously, it's very alarming to see cases surging and hospitalisations rising while the politicians crow about "freedom day". What odds they'll be announcing fresh restrictions within a matter of weeks?

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 8:17am
Saw a story yesterday where the US Surgeon General said that most—a majority—of unvaccinated Americans will become infected with delta because it is so contagious and that it'd be the worst virus they'd experience in their lives. I don't lack any kind of expertise (to put it mildly) to assess whether any of that is alarmist, but it's one fuck of a cold splash of water.
I don't particularly feel bad for the unvaxxed, except for the kids who aren't eligible or have stupid fucking parents.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 9:42am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I don't particularly feel bad for the unvaxxed, except for the kids who aren't eligible or have stupid fucking parents.
I don't, either, but it also makes me angry that their stupid behavior will continue to allow this pandemic to smolder and possibly reignite.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

I saw an article yesterday that suggested insurance companies increase the health care premiums for those who are unvaccinated, no different than how they formulate rates for smokers. This would help offset the costs the rest of us pay and possibly motivate them to get vaccinated, just as it might nudge a smoker to quit.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 9:46am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I don't, either, but it also makes me angry that their stupid behavior will continue to allow this pandemic to smolder and possibly reignite.
Absolutely. And I have heard of six breakthrough cases, just among people my family knows. One is a woman with MS, and she is not doing well. Fully vaxxed.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Sparky wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 9:49am
I saw an article yesterday that suggested insurance companies increase the health care premiums for those who are unvaccinated, no different than how they formulate rates for smokers. This would help offset the costs the rest of us pay and possibly motivate them to get vaccinated, just as it might nudge a smoker to quit.
This is a great idea.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

I feel like I’ve aged a decade within the past year since the pandemic started. I really need to get back in shape.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah, there's a cruel, dark side of me that finds some kicks in those pushing hard anti-vaccination lies or soft shoeing around "just asking questions" getting sick and dying of covid-19. Own those choices.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 6:58am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah, there's a cruel, dark side of me that finds some kicks in those pushing hard anti-vaccination lies or soft shoeing around "just asking questions" getting sick and dying of covid-19. Own those choices.
You'd have thought that a goddamned pandemic that's killed millions and has mutated into more and more lethal strains would have put a dagger into all those flaky anti-vaxxers—here's a really simple way for you not to die from this illness!—and yet that belief seems to have gotten stronger. The phrase "too stupid to live" takes on a literal quality.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Rationally, I try to keep in mind that anti-vaxxers need to see the light to protect immunocompromised, children, etc. and to try to tamp down the mutation rate if the virus.

But emotionally? Fuck them right to the grave.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Well it's about time....shocking to hear this from a Republican governor, I just wonder why it took so long for her to reach this conclusion.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/2 ... ons-500638
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung